OL Dontae Lucas: Sources close to the situation

For any recruits reading this thread, keep in mind that there are super hardcore UM fans who truly love their alma mater and don't take kindly to you "messing around" with it.

If you're sensitive and get hurt by what you read, then either don't stir up the hornet's nest, or don't visit the hornet's nest after you stir it up. I'm tired of this bullshyt enabling approach to recruits where they can do no wrong.

BOOM!!! #CLASS93'

Advertisement
I get that this kid is liking the attention but man, we’ve been on him hard for a while now. He’s on track to becoming a 5 Star and from a big time cane school - miami high. Need to sign this kid but not gonna lie, his move to img gave me pause.

It’s hilarious how these young men who love a game where pain is part of the process, where coaches have been pushing them to the limit since they were in elementary all of the sudden get hurt by internet comments. Really!? someone bolts for another school cause they’re hurt over what someone said on a tweet or something that is some weak sauce and imo it’s an excuse. The difference is that other sites delete your posts and give permabands so you really don’t know what they’re saying.

There is no chance we ultimately end up with this kid. Have seen this story play out too many times. Enjoy his buffoonery Noles or Gators.

F it. We love Miami players and hate everyone who doesn't play for Miami. If you want to go play for a team where the fans also suck other teams players off then you may have the wrong team. Thats what family means. Its not family first its family and nothing else. Thats what we expect from our commits as well. If you cant get in line with that then being a part of the Miami family isnt for you.

Advertisement
For any recruits reading this thread, keep in mind that there are super hardcore UM fans who truly love their alma mater and don't take kindly to you "messing around" with it.

If you're sensitive and get hurt by what you read, then either don't stir up the hornet's nest, or don't visit the hornet's nest after you stir it up. I'm tired of this bullshyt enabling approach to recruits where they can do no wrong.
Absolutely this. As much as we were on the wrong end of their decisions Surtain and Campbell I thought they were very mature in how they handled the process? Don't play games for your ego's sake. Start developing class.

I've never seen a real UM fan attack a recruit for no reason. We just don't do it. We love these guys up and hug 'em around the neck until they fck us. That's what fans do.

If you don't want any problems, then don't start any problems.

I can’t remember which recruit it was this past signing period (it wasn’t a Miami recruit) but he went on twitter and started ripping wanna be fans because he lost a bunch of twitter followers after he committed. I was like is this kid serious? Unless you have a personal connection to a kid not one of us cares about them as fans unless they come to your school of choice then we love you forever.

Once signing day is done I do a twitter cleanout for kids not going to Miami, EVERY fan base does this.

I also noticed today that Mrs Chatman went on twitter commenting about making the right choice coach kool left Miami pretty much being lied to by him. While I understand her point to always pick a school not based on coaches I think she made a mistake posting anything because now she’s getting torched on twitter by Canes fans. Funny thing is her coach now is the worst at leaving.

Regarding IMG OL Dontae Lucas, sources close to the situation indicate that, despite rumors to the contrary, Lucas is in no way, shape, or form silently committed to FSU. The source tells me he's a guy that just loves messing around, so trying to gain any type of insight from his Twitter is pointless. Miami is still very high on his list.

And just as an aside, I'd say to be careful what you're saying online in comments and on Twitter, because some kids do read that stuff.

I appreciate your comment, Stefan.

You might also want to point out what Alabama and other SEC fans frequently post on social media if, God forbid, a Bama player or recruit screws up.

It doesn’t even compare.

See, when their slave trader colors come out, nobody cares, kids keep committing to them, in spite of much worse social media assaults.

So, maybe please spare me the double standard and get after the typically racist SEC fan base. The kids in the end don’t care.

Advertisement
I also noticed today that Mrs Chatman went on twitter commenting about making the right choice coach kool left Miami pretty much being lied to by him. While I understand her point to always pick a school not based on coaches I think she made a mistake posting anything because now she’s getting torched on twitter by Canes fans. Funny thing is her coach now is the worst at leaving.

Lol yea. She may want to look at the guy running the show up there and his track record for bolting.

I've never seen a real UM fan attack a recruit for no reason. We just don't do it. We love these guys up and hug 'em around the neck until they fck us. That's what fans do.

100% also some on Twitter pretend to be fans and bash recruits

If turning a kid off of a school is as simple as creating fake twitter accounts or message board posts for trolling, I'm a little surprised boosters with bottomless bank accounts don't pay people to do this. Create a fake website and multiple twitter accounts, posing as fans from another school. Make sure the majority of posts bash top recruits while praising lower tier players. The interest from lower tier prospects would take time away from top tier recruits, and eventually coaches are forced to tell them they're not a take. Which would create problems of its own. Meanwhile, the troll comments about good players, change their opinion of the school. Just make sure google search results for the players targeted lead back to the website and the troll comments.

I just can't believe anyone, kid or not, can be influenced by twitter and message board posts. But here we are.

I appreciate your comment, Stefan.

You might also want to point out what Alabama and other SEC fans frequently post on social media if, God forbid, a Bama player or recruit screws up.

It doesn’t even compare.

See, when their slave trader colors come out, nobody cares, kids keep committing to them, in spite of much worse social media assaults.

So, maybe please spare me the double standard and get after the typically racist SEC fan base. The kids in the end don’t care.
Fuq it though at least he getting a fanbase that keeps it 100, and every fanbase has the same types of people that wish injuries and all that other ****. Bama fans are worse in every way possible

Advertisement
We are trying to recruit these kids. To sell them on our school. Little things make a difference in sales.

Stefan's post isn't a moral judgment. All we care about is signing the kids. We have some dumb *** fans on Twitter who hurt that cause instead of helping it.

If you care about Miami's success, don't tweet negative things at a kid we are actively recruiting. It's common sense.

Yeah, I've seen multiple fans point out that Jimbo and Taggart have done to FSU and Oregon, respectively. She didn't strike as someone that was too bright.

We are trying to recruit these kids. To sell them on our school. Little things make a difference in sales.

Stefan's post isn't a moral judgment. All we care about is signing the kids. We have some dumb *** fans on Twitter who hurt that cause instead of helping it.

If you care about Miami's success, don't tweet negative things at a kid we are actively recruiting. It's common sense.

I've never tweeted anything negative about a kid - part of the reason is my account is tied too me and it's not a great reflection of bashing someone who's 18 years old making a life decision and faulting him simply because he's going to a school that I don't cheer for. Having said that, every fanbase has their fair share of morons. Miami's not the only one.

Advertisement

why are miami fans not held to the same standard as noles fans or gators fans then? it seems to me that the hometown fans are the ones who have to take the trolling and walk with our tails between our legs.

Fuq it though at least he getting a fanbase that keeps it 100, and every fanbase has the same types of people that wish injuries and all that other ****. Bama fans are worse in every way possible

Bama fans are the only ones I've seen that can get away with threatening to lynch a player or call him the N-bomb on twitter. Suffice it to say, there's a large contingency of fans that should just not internet in general.

Pretty big chance that if you have to tell people not to attack recruits on Twitter for no reason, then they either lack the common sense to understand your directive, or they’re fakes posing as UM fans in an attempt to sour recruits on UM. That **** happens constantly.

why are miami fans not held to the same standard as noles fans or gators fans then? it seems to me that the hometown fans are the ones who have to take the trolling and walk with our tails between our legs.

If Gator and Nole fans are acting like dumbasses, that's all the more reason to avoid similar behavior. I want recruits to believe that Miami has the best fanbase in America.

If they think our fans are annoying or worse, it hurts our recruiting. Little things matter.

Advertisement
Back