OL Dontae Lucas: Sources close to the situation

Advertisement
D$ and Stefan, who are very close to the situation, much closer than any of you, are giving some very good advice. Why not put your pride and opinion aside and listen?
for sure but we are not the guys doing that type of stuff.. twitter trolls dont post in CiS so it feels hopeless that croots are using this against us

How about you just don't tweet at 16-18 year olds?

I know that sounds really difficult, but it is possible.

D$ and Stefan, who are very close to the situation, much closer than any of you, are giving some very good advice. Why not put your pride and opinion aside and listen?
because a lot of these guys are emotional little *******, that care more about their "hurt feelings" than the good of the program. I've said this before, even if you think a kid "deserves" some venom thrown their way, keep it off message boards and social media. at least until after the signing day.

Advertisement
Amen. Hallelujah.
All the hundreds probably thousands of positive messages these kids get from Cane fans and they trip over the FEW trolls and guys who can’t control themselves and say stupid **** ?

I saw hella Cane fans sending Randy Russel well wishes after hearing he couldn’t play and what he do ? Turn around an talk **** about Miami to the AH4 while they were visiting . They use this **** as an excuse ain’t no way a couple of negative comments about to stop me from going to a school if I really want to

It’s just an excuse 100% of the time. No kid who has ever complained about fans being mean to him has ever come to Miami. Like Simple Jobe...if you don’t want fans getting on you, don’t tweet out about someone who is a near deity to us and then disrespect him because you want attention. You are exactly right about Randy Russell.

Obviously I don’t condone people attacking recruits, or anyone, for no reason, but I don’t really care when they are actively trolling and looking for attention. Same **** Chad Wilson did. “Wahh...everyone is attacking my kids! Let me go on local radio shows to argue with Canes fans though.”

How about you just don't tweet at 16-18 year olds?

I know that sounds really difficult, but it is possible.
Im not the one to @ croots on twitter but they want that attention when they beg for followers to each fan base. They want their moment and that sometimes backfires on them. You ask for thousands of followers of a certain university to follow you and then you throw their hat on signing day. what do they think is going to happen?

It
Pretty big chance that if you have to tell people not to attack recruits on Twitter for no reason, then they either lack the common sense to understand your directive, or they’re fakes posing as UM fans in an attempt to sour recruits on UM. That **** happens constantly.
Lets make it clear there is a distinction between "attacking" a recruit on twitter and just calling them out on diva/itch ****. Truth is I have seen Lucas play several times and didn't think he was special. He is really slow and was playing against inferior competition, he easily had 60-80 pounds on the guys he was facing and they still got penetration.

Bottom line is, as far as I know, I haven’t seen any body from here (CIS) that I’m aware of @ any of these croots on twitter, that I can remember, at least nothing negative.

Not going to lie, it wouldn’t feel right for me personally to do it because I’m a grown man, but this bullshlt about Miami fans being propagated by Jobe and Russell and the Wilsons and all the other SEC honks is just a myth. Again, our school and fanbase gets cut no slack, yet it’s all cowtowing for the klan ‘til it’s time to come home.

Advertisement
I can't wait to get Lucas on campus, that's when fans will really get the real feel for where his heart is at!! Every year there are recruits that says things and does things throughout the process, that makes you wonder!! (Surtain Jr. did it to us, he came on campus when no one expected it and all of a sudden ppl started saying Miami is a serious contender just off him coming on campus and when NSD got here, talks was it was a battle between Bama and LSU)
I think Miami will get the big fellow, BUT of course it will be a battle and then Miami will beat FSu in the regular season and then all of a sudden his mind will start changing (sounds familiar-- Joyner did the same thing, he was all for FSu then Miami beat them and his mind started to change)..
Recruiting is a very treaty game, and to be honest it's really hard to predict with some recruit's.. So Honestly, with some recruit's it's all about praying, hoping and finger crossing!! AND as fans we have to take signs when the recruit gives them to us and can't overlook the writing on the wall (Like Campbell, the kid basically gave us signs since the summer that he wasn't interested, missing most of UM's recruiting events)....

Not only that , the hometown team gets disrespected more for whatever reason . Man it had me hot when Chatfield had a UF , FSU , and UM hat on the table and threw ours to the side. Dudes be putting our hat on the table just to throw it to the side
Chatfield was butthurt that **** was so obvious.. lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Never believed we had a shot with this kid. Glad he committed now. Can’t wait til Fsu goes 6-6. He’ll be at some SEC school & you’ll never hear of him again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back