OL Dontae Lucas: Sources close to the situation

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Regarding IMG OL Dontae Lucas, sources close to the situation indicate that, despite rumors to the contrary, Lucas is in no way, shape, or form silently committed to FSU. The source tells me he's a guy that just loves messing around, so trying to gain any type of insight from his Twitter is pointless. Miami is still very high on his list.

And just as an aside, I'd say to be careful what you're saying online in comments and on Twitter, because some kids do read that stuff.

Advertisement
Regarding IMG OL Dontae Lucas, sources close to the situation indicate that, despite rumors to the contrary, Lucas is in no way, shape, or form silently committed to FSU. The source tells me he's a guy that just loves messing around, so trying to gain any type of insight from his Twitter is pointless. Miami is still very high on his list.

And just as an aside, I'd say to be careful what you're saying online in comments and on Twitter, because some kids do read that stuff.

Not sure who your source is, I posted Sunday that he didn’t silently commit but it will only be a matter of time. Miami needs to work magic if they want him, but kid is in love with FSU.

Do you mind if I screenshot the latter part to post on Twitter?

Advertisement
Not sure who your source is, I posted Sunday that he didn’t silently commit but it will only be a matter of time. Miami needs to work magic if they want him, but kid is in love with FSU.

How do you work magic for a local player that they have rolled out the red carpet for. We are not the program of the last three clowns. We are the rising program. How do they not see it. Work the magic by finding a replacement!!!

How do you work magic for a local player that they have rolled out the red carpet for. We are not the program of the last three clowns. We are the rising program. How do they not see it. Work the magic by finding a replacement!!!

I agree I don’t know that answer, I say work the magic because right now he is feeling FSU by a lot.

For any recruits reading this thread, keep in mind that there are super hardcore UM fans who truly love their alma mater and don't take kindly to you "messing around" with it.

If you're sensitive and get hurt by what you read, then either don't stir up the hornet's nest, or don't visit the hornet's nest after you stir it up. I'm tired of this bullshyt enabling approach to recruits where they can do no wrong.

Advertisement
For any recruits reading this thread, keep in mind that there are super hardcore UM fans who truly love their alma mater and don't take kindly to you "messing around" with it.

If you're sensitive and get hurt by what you read, then either don't stir up the hornet's nest, or don't visit the hornet's nest after you stir it up. I'm tired of this bullshyt enabling approach to recruits where they can do no wrong.

That is probably the best advice you will get.

Pin this sh*t. The biggest thing to remember is we are fans of The U. Not of a single prospect. Now, if you want to stay home and rep your city and play for this program we love, we love you back. If you **** on us, it gets ugly. This isn't the "High School Recruit X Forum." This is a message board for fans of Miami.

exactly people cuddle them like they are ******* toddlers. You want to play with fans thats fine but don't go around crying when they call you a diva.

Advertisement

I never got the whole "Guys, recruits read these boards, man!!!!!" schtick. You seen some of the crap that Bama says on their forums. They throw out the N-bomb on twitter when Hurts plays like crap - doesn't seem to be hurting them in recruiting. Some recruits like to play the game in terms of recruiting - Lucas strikes me as that type of kid that's going to have multiple fanbases on a roller coaster ride.

I've seen several posters say this kid's all FSU. Could be smoke or it could be the truth. He's one I'm not counting in this class at all.

Advertisement
Kids also need to realize this is the internet. I would say about 70% on here are true, die hard Canes, 10% fair weather fans, and 20% trolls. They can’t take everything said in the internet world as Bible. Lotta UGA, UF, FSU, and sometimes Bama fans roll through w gimmicky screen names to just post negative comments in the recruiting section.

Advertisement
Back