Official "Our administration doesn't give a flying F about football"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I retired here in SWFL, I have had NO interest in coming across I-75 (Alligator Alley) to see a game. Had hoped for awhile things might improve, but the program just keeps getting worse. I’m not spending a fortune on parking for openers. I saw enough of this cheap *** school’s **** teams when I was a student. At least then I was usually drunk enough to stand it. I can’t drink like that anymore. The whole works can go to ****
Age will do that to you.....just drink less volume, but feel it sitting, instead of standing it....LOL.

Advertisement
Ultimately, it doesn't matter if Diaz gets canned in 3 years. The AD will probably hire Enos as the next HC. Miami is stuck in this cycle of mediocrity until the BOT realizes what a joke the school has become. It's more than just a sports problem. Miami dropped some 25 spots in the academic rankings and is now tied with FSU, a school so bad academically it's been mocked by The Simpsons. Miami is now terrible at academics and athletics. Football? Hire the DC after a failed season. Baseball? Hire the pitching coach after a failed season. The AD is a fraud. Say what you will about Donna Shalala, but at least Miami was doing one thing well and was getting a decent reputation as a research university. Now, however, the school's overall reputation is circling the drain in pretty much all respects. Even the law school has dropped precipitously in the rankings. Compare that to FIU. Not only is FIU a million times cheaper than UM, it's law school had the highest bar passage rate and only got accredited in the last few years. Football? They hired a fella by the name of Butch Davis. You might have heard of him.

The BOT HAS to clean house and it starts with a new school president- hopefully one who understands that is possible to be good at academics and athletics at the same time. That school prez needs to hire a much better AD (look up the road at UCF), and maybe things will finally improve. I'm hoping one of the writers at the Miami Herald writes a hit piece on UM showcasing the academic and athletic program failures to embarrass the BOT into finally making much needed changes.
Thanks for your post. You have said it all. I just hope someone with influence and power to go with it will eventually do something, but if not, this entire university could go under sooner than we think. Who wants to spend Ivy League money to attend a school that’s worse than your lowest ranked state university? This school has always been poorly run and managed. Much more of this incompetence and it’s over.

Well if you want him to build the program, that takes time. I will give him that. The players have moved in the right direction....they just need to keep getting better players. But building from the ground up is what it will take. I dont really care what we do this year as long as we show improvement by the end. Time will tell, but I think Manny understands Miami has been dogcrap for too long.....almost would be better to play all the freshman and just get them experience to build for next year.

I want Lingard, C. Wills, Blissett, Harvey, Rosseau, Couch, Keontra, Payton all these dudes to play meaningful snaps so we never hear about this is a young team excuse again
People here in Austin were saying the same things about Tom Herman. They were only marginally better in Year 1 of Herman’s reign than under Charlie Strong. And in Year 2, when they opened with a loss to Maryland, the fans became even more disgruntled.

A year later Herman was loved. A lot can change in 12 months. Or even in a season - for good and for bad.

Hopefully the ACC can bludgeon each other as the year goes on, and our kids/coaches will get tired of embarrassing themselves.

Love this dialogue, and I’m glad ppl r starting to realize this is a much bigger problem than coaching...it starts at the top. Again, when athletics was failing, one thing we could hang our hats on was our academics. Now, our academics have dropped tremendously.

Frenk was a bad hire, so was James. This BOT needs to get off its behind. They r literally bleeding money w these **** poor decisions.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Love this dialogue, and I’m glad ppl r starting to realize this is a much bigger problem than coaching...it starts at the top. Again, when athletics was failing, one thing we could hang our hats on was our academics. Now, our academics have dropped tremendously.

Frenk was a bad hire, so was James. This BOT needs to get off its behind. They r literally bleeding money w these **** poor decisions.

I'm genuinely curious what the BOT thinks is the draw of the University of Miami now. Miami is the third best university in the state of Florida and its tuition- I **** you not- is 8.5x higher than equally ranked FSU. UF is 23 spots higher and also 8.5x cheaper.

By comparison- USC, with nearly identical enrollment numbers as Miami and also a private university, is now a top 25 school. Oh, and all those aforementioned universities have won national championships more recently than Miami.

Its almost criminal what the BOT is doing. At the very least its a breach of fiduciary duty to alumni. The further Miami slips, the more it devalues a Miami degree. Frenk is slowly turning Miami into DeVry. If the school is going to continue to plummet in the rankings it might as well turn into a for-profit university since its apparent that the school isn't interested in investing in its athletic or academic programs anymore. The BOT is a clown show, and its current puppets, Frenk and James, are destroying what's left of the school's reputation.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely curious what the BOT thinks is the draw of the University of Miami now. Miami is the third best university in the state of Florida and its tuition- I **** you not- is 8.5x higher than equally ranked FSU. UF is 23 spots higher and also 8.5x cheaper.

By comparison- USC, with nearly identical enrollment numbers as Miami and also a private university, is now a top 25 school. Oh, and all those aforementioned universities have won national championships more recently than Miami.

Its almost criminal what the BOT is doing. At the very least its a breach of fiduciary duty to alumni. The further Miami slips, the more it devalues a Miami degree. Frenk is slowly turning Miami into DeVry. If the school is going to continue to plummet in the rankings it might as well turn into a for-profit university since its apparent that the school isn't interested in investing in its athletic or academic programs anymore. The BOT is a clown show, and its current puppets, Frenk and James, are destroying the school's reputation.

Need the Miami Herald to get on this ASAP. You r absolutely correct.

I feel like Calvin Johnson, but I can't just retire.

/watch his recent interview to get the context on that one.

Advertisement
we do not have the $$$$ that a top tier program has period. not enough $$$ for staff, not enough $$$$ to get player were
an 7,8 program..... period....

We never did.

These people and their posts truly do suck. You wait 8 months of off-season for football to start and when we get there and the season doesn't pan out exactly to your expectations you upend it all--blow up the team, fire the AD, fire the Prez, pull your kids out of the school.

Pathetic. Can all of you collectively just go away and sulk on your own with out making a "Miami Sucks" thread every 5 minutes? These posts are more than the constructive criticism that is rightly due. Our rivals have had better perspective than some of you. But when Miami and Manny turn it around, every one of you should be given a filter on your CiS picture that identifies you as a half-assed fan.

Slurpers gonna slurp! 15 years of this BS and you want to slurp some more.

Frenk came from Harvard and was best buddies w/Carlos Slim, so $$$ was not going to be a problem.

Instead, we get a wanna be Ross who wants to build buildings so he can (ostensibly) get kickbacks and be a regional hospital guru on his way to being the next Rick Scott.

We keep an AD who was overmatched at Maine and thinks Head coaching is putting together binders or buying jewelry.

Can somebody be an ADULT in Coral Gables? Miami Health and Residencies System is coming by 2030 if this isn't stopped.

Slurpers gonna slurp! 15 years of this BS and you want to slurp some more.
Who is coming here, cleaning up years of dysfunctional football, going 13-0 and winning the natty in year one? (Because that's the only thing that will shut you miserable-*** people up, right? Instant undeserved success?)

Well nobody, that's who. Keep crying about the past. We don't have the budget, the facilities, or the patient fanbase to allow a coach time to succeed here. Miami is a stepping-stone job for coaching and "fans" like you are a part of the reason why that is.

Oh, we won tonight, too, in case you forgot.

Advertisement
Who is coming here, cleaning up years of dysfunctional football, going 13-0 and winning the natty in year one? (Because that's the only thing that will shut you miserable-*** people up, right? Instant undeserved success?)

Well nobody, that's who. Keep crying about the past. We don't have the budget, the facilities, or the patient fanbase to allow a coach time to succeed here. Miami is a stepping-stone job for coaching and "fans" like you are a part of the reason why that is.

Since you think we don't have "the budget, the facilities, or the patient fanbase" why don't you go follow Alabama.

This Porst deserves to be Flushed down the Toilet immediately if not sooner...What a Crock...

Advertisement

Maybe they should stop saying they’re hiring coaches that will get us back to “competing for championships” then. The acc network will add 20 million plus to our revenue but it will not be seen bY the program somehow

Thanks for your post. You have said it all. I just hope someone with influence and power to go with it will eventually do something, but if not, this entire university could go under sooner than we think. Who wants to spend Ivy League money to attend a school that’s worse than your lowest ranked state university? This school has always been poorly run and managed. Much more of this incompetence and it’s over.

All due respect, those rankings have no correlation to the quality of education. I get the fact that there's currency in academic rankings and the value it gives to alumni
Ultimately, it doesn't matter if Diaz gets canned in 3 years. The AD will probably hire Enos as the next HC. Miami is stuck in this cycle of mediocrity until the BOT realizes what a joke the school has become. It's more than just a sports problem. Miami dropped some 25 spots in the academic rankings and is now tied with FSU, a school so bad academically it's been mocked by The Simpsons. Miami is now terrible at academics and athletics. Football? Hire the DC after a failed season. Baseball? Hire the pitching coach after a failed season. The AD is a fraud. Say what you will about Donna Shalala, but at least Miami was doing one thing well and was getting a decent reputation as a research university. Now, however, the school's overall reputation is circling the drain in pretty much all respects. Even the law school has dropped precipitously in the rankings. Compare that to FIU. Not only is FIU a million times cheaper than UM, it's law school had the highest bar passage rate and only got accredited in the last few years. Football? They hired a fella by the name of Butch Davis. You might have heard of him.

The BOT HAS to clean house and it starts with a new school president- hopefully one who understands that is possible to be good at academics and athletics at the same time. That school prez needs to hire a much better AD (look up the road at UCF), and maybe things will finally improve. I'm hoping one of the writers at the Miami Herald writes a hit piece on UM showcasing the academic and athletic program failures to embarrass the BOT into finally making much needed changes.

All due respect, but those rankings have zero correlation with quality of education. I understand there's currency in academic rankings and the value to alumni but saying the []__[] is bad academically is a little extreme. Also FIU plays to Bar. They front-run, by design, to get that passage rate because they can't compete otherwise. That said, I agree with your general sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back