Official "Our administration doesn't give a flying F about football"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedi, what if it this: they do care(or care more than they have in the past -- case in point the IBF, etc) but have no idea on how to actually build an elite program?

That could be worse.

Honestly, while last night was a gut punch, I saw some things (namely Jarren Williams) that give me some hope, and others that leave me hopeless. But 2 games in Im not about to abandon ship on anyone, hey, I look forward to these months the whole year, I'm still going to try and enjoy the rest of the season( still plan on getting to the Gatech game). Hopefully we'll see some improvements across the board from this team and you can see some building blocks being laid

But in the short term, that secondary has me worried. We really miss Jacquan Johnson and his football IQ back there. I dont see how he replace that

As for the offense, well, here's hoping that they can start quicker and convert more redzone opportunities into TD's.

Kicking game, well, to paraphrase John McKay -- Im all for the execution of it

I’ve said it for years, and like most things in life it’s a combination of a couple things .

In this particular case, it’s the intersection of incompetence and apathy

Advertisement
While I understand everyone's frustration, I can assure you that the administration does care. You don't pay Manny's buyout to Temple (which is probably more than any of you think) and his close to $2M salary plus over $1M for Enos if you don't care. It's the decision maker (ie: AD) who is the problem not apathy from the administration.

After the 2005 Peach Bowl vs LSU I made a decision not to travel to games anymore until I saw a change. It's 2019 and I still have not travel to an away game. It's been that bad. At Ieast can look forward to the basketball team getting to the NCAA tourney every 5 years or so.
Mine was Chicago against the fighting queerish...

While I understand everyone's frustration, I can assure you that the administration does care. You don't pay Manny's buyout to Temple (which is probably more than any of you think) and his close to $2M salary plus over $1M for Enos if you don't care. It's the decision maker (ie: AD) who is the problem not apathy from the administration.

You mean after the 5 minute nationwide "search".

Dude, gtfoh. It's been the same story for the last 15 years. There's a difference between throwing a little money at something to hold up appearances and CARING ABOUT WINNING. If you care, you surround the program with COMPETENT custodians.......like......A REAL ATHLETIC DIRECTOR for starters.

Advertisement
The title of this thread needs to be kept fresh in everyone's mind. Direct your anger at the right people.....poor Manny has just been casted for a role he's not ready for. Spew your venom at the morons tasked with acting as custodians for our once great football program.

This problem is bigger than Manny, anyone that doesn't see it at this point is incompetent and/or just hasn't been following this program long enough.

For the 5th consecutive time, our administration's incompetence with regards to the building of this program has reared it's ugly head. Our insistence on not hiring AN ASCENDING top notch coach as opposed to coordinators from fired staffs, guys on the downside of their coaching career, and guys that never had any business being a head coach in the first place (Coker).

The coaches are just the symptom fellas.....we have a disease that goes MUCH deeper. The incompetence from the top is going put the final nail in this programs coffin.

I have no problem with an up and coming coach since Miami probably cant afford an Urban Meyer. The issue was picking a coach who has ZERO HC experience at any level. A much better hire would have been a guy like Kyle Wittingham. He makes about 800k more per year at Utah than Diaz at Miami. Utah has been a sneaky good team the last few years. Utah is not anywhere near fertile recruiting grounds (and its unlikely Utah is paying players). Dude knows how to build and run a P5 program. With Diaz, we payed a lot of money on a guy who had failed as a DC in his first stop, then even after success at Miami, only landed 1 G5 HC offer. Doesn't look like other schools thought that highly of him. I'm disappointed in the hire, but hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Advertisement
I have no problem with an up and coming coach since Miami probably cant afford an Urban Meyer. The issue was picking a coach who has ZERO HC experience at any level. A much better hire would have been a guy like Kyle Wittingham. He makes about 800k more per year at Utah than Diaz at Miami. Utah has been a sneaky good team the last few years. Utah is not anywhere near fertile recruiting grounds (and its unlikely Utah is paying players). Dude knows how to build and run a P5 program. With Diaz, we payed a lot of money on a guy who had failed as a DC in his first stop, then even after success at Miami, only landed 1 G5 HC offer. Doesn't look like other schools thought that highly of him. I'm disappointed in the hire, but hopefully I'm proven wrong.
I have no problem with hiring an up and coming coach either. I do have a problem with doing no interviews for the position and not gauging the interest of other qualified coaching candidates.

They might care, but they are incompetent.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if Diaz gets canned in 3 years. The AD will probably hire Enos as the next HC. Miami is stuck in this cycle of mediocrity until the BOT realizes what a joke the school has become. It's more than just a sports problem. Miami dropped some 25 spots in the academic rankings and is now tied with FSU, a school so bad academically it's been mocked by The Simpsons. Miami is now terrible at academics and athletics. Football? Hire the DC after a failed season. Baseball? Hire the pitching coach after a failed season. The AD is a fraud. Say what you will about Donna Shalala, but at least Miami was doing one thing well and was getting a decent reputation as a research university. Now, however, the school's overall reputation is circling the drain in pretty much all respects. Even the law school has dropped precipitously in the rankings. Compare that to FIU. Not only is FIU a million times cheaper than UM, it's law school had the highest bar passage rate and only got accredited in the last few years. Football? They hired a fella by the name of Butch Davis. You might have heard of him.

The BOT HAS to clean house and it starts with a new school president- hopefully one who understands that is possible to be good at academics and athletics at the same time. That school prez needs to hire a much better AD (look up the road at UCF), and maybe things will finally improve. I'm hoping one of the writers at the Miami Herald writes a hit piece on UM showcasing the academic and athletic program failures to embarrass the BOT into finally making much needed changes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
partner it goes way deeper than the staff....take a look at JJ's staff think we could afford that group today
Stevens, Wanstedt, Davis..... S&C program has been pitiful since Buttch's S&C coach Moffet left( LSU lines up with explosive strength with any body......
were dead average... so OK you hire a young up and comer he has no $$$ for a difference making staff
fire the AD sure... maybe that helps team that is mentally and physically weak

You"re also looking at it from the benefit of hindsight. Davis and Wannstache were position coaches when they JJ's staff. They don't a lot of money. You have to have an eye for good assistants too.

Well it didnt take long....2 games this year, I now look forward to 10 months of posts about the ghosts of the OB, the admin hates football, we have no $, and how these new Gen X recruits are all dic-less trannies. Probably true 12 years ago, probably all true today.
These people and their posts truly do suck. You wait 8 months of off-season for football to start and when we get there and the season doesn't pan out exactly to your expectations you upend it all--blow up the team, fire the AD, fire the Prez, pull your kids out of the school.

Pathetic. Can all of you collectively just go away and sulk on your own with out making a "Miami Sucks" thread every 5 minutes? These posts are more than the constructive criticism that is rightly due. Our rivals have had better perspective than some of you. But when Miami and Manny turn it around, every one of you should be given a filter on your CiS picture that identifies you as a half-assed fan.

These people and their posts truly do suck. You wait 8 months of off-season for football to start and when we get there and the season doesn't pan out exactly to your expectations you upend it all--blow up the team, fire the AD, fire the Prez, pull your kids out of the school.

Pathetic. Can all of you collectively just go away and sulk on your own with out making a "Miami Sucks" thread every 5 minutes? These posts are more than the constructive criticism that is rightly due. Our rivals have had better perspective than some of you. But when Miami and Manny turn it around, every one of you should be given a filter on your CiS picture that identifies you as a half-assed fan.
Most of these people have miserable lives and make 25k a year.

Advertisement
This problem is bigger than Manny, anyone that doesn't see it at this point is incompetent and/or just hasn't been following this program long enough.

For the 5th consecutive time, our administration's incompetence with regards to the building of this program has reared it's ugly head. Our insistence on not hiring AN ASCENDING top notch coach as opposed to coordinators from fired staffs, guys on the downside of their coaching career, and guys that never had any business being a head coach in the first place (Coker).

The coaches are just the symptom fellas.....we have a disease that goes MUCH deeper. The incompetence from the top is going put the final nail in this programs coffin.
You were all Jiggy when Manny got hired. O-2 and you have buyer's remorse. Suck it up. Stop crying about the coaching hire after 2 games. Let's make an evaluation after the season and then next year.

You were all Jiggy when Manny got hired. O-2 and you have buyer's remorse. Suck it up. Stop crying about the coaching hire after 2 games. Let's make an evaluation after the season and then next year.
Dude, most porsters have super serious jobs that pay them millions of dollars per year to make extremely important business decisions. Why not trust their judgement? It's TWO GAMES IN AND MANNY HAS TO GO!!!!

I've been yelling for Blake James head since the day he was hired. The problem started BEFORE Frenk and just continued upon his arrival. Nothing has changed. Step 1 is to hire a COMPETENT Athletic director. Until that happens this program is F'ed with 47 penises.
You are absolutely correct. Blake James has to go and the school needs to hire a real AD.Blake is not an AD he is good at raising money and marketing that is why we can’t get a real coach. The problem isn’t money the school has money the problem is we have a bunch of idiots running the athletic department.

All Jiggy? You're a moron.

Go back and check my posts on the NIGHT IT WAS ANNOUNCED. I was VERY CLEAR on where I stood on the hire AT THAT TIME.

Not AFTER WE WENT 0-2.....ON THE NIGHT HE WAS HIRED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back