Official "Our administration doesn't give a flying F about football"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are absolutely correct. Blake James has to go and the school needs to hire a real AD.Blake is not an AD he is good at raising money and marketing that is why we can’t get a real coach. The problem isn’t money the school has money the problem is we have a bunch of idiots running the athletic department.

I think the Canes made a mistake (I thought so at the time), but I'm not going to call for Manny to get fired. The only thing it will accomplish is that Miami will have to pay out his contract, which limits the school's options, and Blake will just hire another unqualified candidate. Irony is that Manny Diaz would be a perfect fit for one NFL franchise in particular. He is the PERFECT coach for the Miami Dolphins. He'd be the hero of Miami for being 0-16.

Dream scenario is as follows:

1. Miami Herald scorches the University of Miami BOT for ruining the school's reputation academically and athletically. The chastened BOT decides that Miami shouldn't be a laughingstock and hires a new school President and AD.

2. Flores wins too many games so Ross fires him for ruining the Tank for Tua campaign. Ross then hires Manny Diaz to get Miami back to its losing ways. Manny tries hard and manages to wins 2 games (over the stinkin' Jets) and gets first pick in the 2021 Lose for Lawrence draft. Miami gets Trevor Lawrence and suddenly the franchise is relevant again.

3. The new Miami AD decides to make a deal with the devil and calls up Urban Meyer. Meyer agrees to a 3 year deal. An alternative acceptable winning scenario is the Raiders fire Jon Gruden. Players are notified.

Advertisement
This problem is bigger than Manny, anyone that doesn't see it at this point is incompetent and/or just hasn't been following this program long enough.

For the 5th consecutive time, our administration's incompetence with regards to the building of this program has reared it's ugly head. Our insistence on not hiring AN ASCENDING top notch coach as opposed to coordinators from fired staffs, guys on the downside of their coaching career, and guys that never had any business being a head coach in the first place (Coker).

The coaches are just the symptom fellas.....we have a disease that goes MUCH deeper. The incompetence from the top is going put the final nail in this programs coffin.

Those are a lot of conditions. Can it be that those are the only coaches willing to take the job from a fanbase that expects a 6 National Title and a recruiting base picked dry by out of town bagmen?

This thread should be pinned at the top of this page. Oh and all of you season ticket holders are part of the problem.

Those are a lot of conditions. Can it be that those are the only coaches willing to take the job from a fanbase that expects a 6 National Title and a recruiting base picked dry by out of town bagmen?

We've known of names that wanted the job over the years who were A **** of a lot better choices than what we took.

This thread should be tacked to top.

Fans and alums need to be reaching out to BOTs to hire a real AD. This Shalala puppet is a ****** dud. Absolute ****hole of an AD.

We’ve known this for awhile too.

But fans will continue to call for the firing of coaches. Smh
What’s the point of firing coaches if you allow Blake to hire the next Loser?

Yes. Blake sucks. But then again, Blake did not hire: Coker, Shannon, or Golden.

Advertisement
We've known of names that wanted the job over the years who were A **** of a lot better choices than what we took.

Yeah, Mullen, but we had a slew of fans downplay his record against ranked teams on this site.
Trestman? Meh.
Edsall? No.

Yeah, Mullen, but we had a slew of fans downplay his record against ranked teams on this site.
Trestman? Meh.
Edsall? No.

Leach
Jackson

Just off the top of my head, and before you tell me Jackson failed with the Browns, compared to the imbeciles we've hired around here the last 2 decades he would have been an upgrade. Failure at the NFL level has ZERO correlation with success as a college coach. It's failure at the college level that correlates with failure at the college level...which is why a guy like Richt never even should have been considered.

Advertisement
Ultimately, it doesn't matter if Diaz gets canned in 3 years. The AD will probably hire Enos as the next HC. Miami is stuck in this cycle of mediocrity until the BOT realizes what a joke the school has become. It's more than just a sports problem. Miami dropped some 25 spots in the academic rankings and is now tied with FSU, a school so bad academically it's been mocked by The Simpsons. Miami is now terrible at academics and athletics. Football? Hire the DC after a failed season. Baseball? Hire the pitching coach after a failed season. The AD is a fraud. Say what you will about Donna Shalala, but at least Miami was doing one thing well and was getting a decent reputation as a research university. Now, however, the school's overall reputation is circling the drain in pretty much all respects. Even the law school has dropped precipitously in the rankings. Compare that to FIU. Not only is FIU a million times cheaper than UM, it's law school had the highest bar passage rate and only got accredited in the last few years. Football? They hired a fella by the name of Butch Davis. You might have heard of him.

The BOT HAS to clean house and it starts with a new school president- hopefully one who understands that is possible to be good at academics and athletics at the same time. That school prez needs to hire a much better AD (look up the road at UCF), and maybe things will finally improve. I'm hoping one of the writers at the Miami Herald writes a hit piece on UM showcasing the academic and athletic program failures to embarrass the BOT into finally making much needed changes.
Very sobering and well said.

It's not the president either, dude. It's our incompetent, apathetic BOT.

OK, can you name the people on the BOD that were around when Coker became coach? That hired Kirby Hocutt? Are they the same people or have the names changed?

OK, can you name the people on the BOD that were around when Coker became coach? That hired Kirby Hocutt? Are they the same people or have the names changed?

Some have changed, at least 3 or 4 have been mainstays.

Our only hope is they hire a competent AD and get the **** out of his way. This program is a dying ***** otherwise.

Advertisement
Some have changed, at least 3 or 4 have been mainstays.

Our only hope is they hire a competent AD and get the **** out of his way. This program is a dying ***** otherwise.

Jim L has built a good foundation but he is getting long in the tooth. Miami bball has a chance of being a quality ACC program with a top coach. But I am 100% confident our current AD will f#ck it up and send the program back 10 years. The school really does have a problem right now in academics and athletics. Not sure how much worse it has to get before the BOT pulls its head out of its ***.

Getting an ASCENDING young head coach doesn't always mean paying absolute top dollar.

Sorry ...but that's not a excuse. We've ignored tons of good coaches during the last 5 searches for the sake of making the easy, lazy hire.
I remember lots of national back slapping about how Miami had nabbed an up-an-coming coach in al golden. You can say you always knew better, but a lot of other people didn't. Who do you think is the guy we should have hired, or should hire now?

Advertisement
I remember lots of national back slapping about how Miami had nabbed an up-an-coming coach in al golden. You can say you always knew better, but a lot of other people didn't. Who do you think is the guy we should have hired, or should hire now?

The mistake with Golden is he had never been a HC at a P5

1. Solid up and comer is Wittingham at Utah
2. The guy whose coaching profile most closely matches Dennis Erickson is Mike Leach

Last edited:
Solid up and comer is Wittingham.
Football is littered with guys everybody said were the next big thing and failed.

This is the thing: it's easy to point to a guy who's done this or that, but everybody ignores how often these guys can't replicate that at another school. If we'd hired Butch, Manny would be 2-0 at Temple, Butch would be 0-2 here and we'd be crying about not having taken Manny. Whatever we do, you can always point to some other random thing and say that would have been better.

After Clemson two years ago and LSU last year I got to that point. If we played somewhere that I wanted to visit regardless, I would think about it, but certainly not just for a game. In the near future, I may go to Michigan State next year to drinks way around their craft breweries. But I am with you on all of that.
Since I retired here in SWFL, I have had NO interest in coming across I-75 (Alligator Alley) to see a game. Had hoped for awhile things might improve, but the program just keeps getting worse. I’m not spending a fortune on parking for openers. I saw enough of this cheap *** school’s **** teams when I was a student. At least then I was usually drunk enough to stand it. I can’t drink like that anymore. The whole works can go to ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back