Official fire Urban Meyer thread

Let me ask you....you said recruiting ranking doesn’t mean anything......so how do you know ”we got better o-line players on the roster” if they aren’t playing?

Because i know what better athletes look like. A player like Jahir jones is to stiff, hayden is not the best athlete. When recruited better and more athletic o-linemen this time around. That being said campbell is more athletic and more physical than st. Louis, yoy already seen scaife, and cleveland reed is kind of like the ray lewis of the young o-linemen, once he gets his hands on some, good luck. Guys like herbert and hillery need to loosen up and stop playing like robots, gaynor will give more effort than his talent, but he has the talent to be better than gauthier. Which reminds me, but nick linder should've stay at guard, he was more athletic there, was not strong enuff to play center. And donaldson is out of sink right now, has to get his mind and body back right to play guard. I been around football a long time, i got a real good idea about alot of players. The 2 o-linemen committed are more physical and athletic, we will be a better run blocking team shortly. I trust my own eyes, for instance no matter what he did in the nfl, i told people early on before the season started that ereck flowers was going to be our starting left tackle and a 1st round draft pick, right now, im still evaluating neal.

Advertisement
Ok, ok they're exceptions. But......
92d5c1418c0fb7dc3815af827d7f56b9.jpg

Because i know what better athletes look like. A player like Jahir jones is to stiff, hayden is not the best athlete. When recruited better and more athletic o-linemen this time around. That being said campbell is more athletic and more physical than st. Louis, yoy already seen scaife, and cleveland reed is kind of like the ray lewis of the young o-linemen, once he gets his hands on some, good luck. Guys like herbert and hillery need to loosen up and stop playing like robots, gaynor will give more effort than his talent, but he has the talent to be better than gauthier. Which reminds me, but nick linder should've stay at guard, he was more athletic there, was not strong enuff to play center. And donaldson is out of sink right now, has to get his mind and body back right to play guard. I been around football a long time, i got a real good idea about alot of players. The 2 o-linemen committed are more physical and athletic, we will be a better run blocking team shortly. I trust my own eyes, for instance no matter what he did in the nfl, i told people early on before the season started that ereck flowers was going to be our starting left tackle and a 1st round draft pick, right now, im still evaluating neal.

Ok so it’s because you said so.

Advertisement
So losing to Purdue is ok.
Got it.
That wouldn't be acceptable to me as an OSU fan.
I’d get over it if I got a conference or national championship at the end of the year.

I would’ve gotten over Pitt last year if we beat Clemson.

**** I would’ve gotten over Pitt if we kept Clemson respectable then beat Wisconsin.

So now we're evaluating careers? Explain to us how one of the three most talented teams in America can lose to a 3-3 program like Purdue. How is that possible? How is that acceptable?
Because it was a one-off game. Not a 3 year decline culminating in another horrible loss.

Advertisement
I have watched Purdue play 2 times this year, once against BC and once against OSU. They manhandled BC after starting 0-3 and now OSU for their 4th win in a row. Purdue has a few super talents but OSU should be able to beat these guys.

Richt should have beaten UVA, it is our offense's fault and the buck has to stop there.

I’d get over it if I got a conference or national championship at the end of the year.

I would’ve gotten over Pitt last year if we beat Clemson.

**** I would’ve gotten over Pitt if we kept Clemson respectable then beat Wisconsin.

What are you talking about?
I'm talking about Meyer.
You laughed when i said how many passes does he get for losing to an unranked team like Purdue.
This is 3 straight years.
I'd be ****ed if I were an OSU fan.

Advertisement
Ok so it’s because you said so.

Im not saying nothing you cant see for yourself, but i can analyze players better than these websites! You gotta realize alot of these guys running these websites regurgitate the same talking points they hear coaches saying or just in general. For instance with greg rosseau, all you heard was "he's a project, he'll be able to contribute in 2 or years, he needs tp put on weight" i kept laughing at them, about 90% of all highschool football players need to put on weight when they come to college, but rosseau was already 215 when he got here, so anybody that knows anything would've known he was going to be able to put on 15 to 20lbs, which would have put him around the same weight that garvin played at, as a True freshmen, so kept saying what's this 2 to 3 yrs non-sense. I was however surprised that he put on around 35lbs tho. Than of course, tge usual "he's a 3star" crap, lol. Its just like now, i been saying for awhile, we need to get cornelius young instead of battle, mainly because as far as athleticism goes, nunn got em, football wise, both are balla's, nunn is a Cane at heart, battle is an urban meyer man.

Alot of people on here didnt even celebrate or recognize and be happy that we got nunn, in fact this board didnt even bother to put up a thread for a lil while, why, because to many people caught up in star gazing, and not the actual players, and im glad this staff actually recruits that way to, they dont worry about stars, it's can he play. As for me, im not giving no coach a pass if i know he has the talent to wor with, so coach searels has at least until late next year for me, by than we should be able to see real improvement, this year is about exactly what i expected.

Im not saying nothing you cant see for yourself, but i can analyze players better than these websites! You gotta realize alot of these guys running these websites regurgitate the same talking points they hear coaches saying or just in general. For instance with greg rosseau, all you heard was "he's a project, he'll be able to contribute in 2 or years, he needs tp put on weight" i kept laughing at them, about 90% of all highschool football players need to put on weight when they come to college, but rosseau was already 215 when he got here, so anybody that knows anything would've known he was going to be able to put on 15 to 20lbs, which would have put him around the same weight that garvin played at, as a True freshmen, so kept saying what's this 2 to 3 yrs non-sense. I was however surprised that he put on around 35lbs tho. Than of course, tge usual "he's a 3star" crap, lol. Its just like now, i been saying for awhile, we need to get cornelius young instead of battle, mainly because as far as athleticism goes, nunn got em, football wise, both are balla's, nunn is a Cane at heart, battle is an urban meyer man.

Alot of people on here didnt even celebrate or recognize and be happy that we got nunn, in fact this board didnt even bother to put up a thread for a lil while, why, because to many people caught up in star gazing, and not the actual players, and im glad this staff actually recruits that way to, they dont worry about stars, it's can he play. As for me, im not giving no coach a pass if i know he has the talent to wor with, so coach searels has at least until late next year for me, by than we should be able to see real improvement, this year is about exactly what i expected.

Step away from the bottle. It's a Monday at the office.

Fair enough. I respect your position and I truly hope you are right.
I don’t think Richt should be de facto OC and his son be QB coach.
It’s better for the HC to oversee and evaluate objectively. That way he can make the best decisions for the program. He being the de facto OC and his son bring QB coach prevents him from being objective.
That we should be able to agree on.

Advertisement
Fair enough. I respect your position and I truly hope you are right.
I don’t think Richt should be de facto OC and his son be QB coach.
It’s better for the HC to oversee and evaluate objectively. That way he can make the best decisions for the program. He being the de facto OC and his son bring QB coach prevents him from being objective.
That we should be able to agree on.

I understand what you saying, but its just the optics of it doesnt look good cause it seems like we not having success, but let's be real, the qb situation is like the o-line situation, rosier has had i think 3 oc's, and none wanted to start him including coach richt, but being a 5th senior paid off for rosier. The fact that we were able to win 10 games last year and should have been 11, but the refs made sure they wasnt going to let that happen. But that was good oc coaching last year, this year he has no choice but to go back to right now the only reliable qb on the roster. The problem is perry done got his ocala **** down in Miami and got distracted from the main thing, worried about small money now instead the big money he could get down the road if he gets focused, he just needs to try not to let his talent go to waste.

Coach richt knows what he is doing, he's staying true to what he's said in the past, "he's not gone just hand the starting qb job over to someone if they're not ready" perry is the one not putting in the work. If we start clicking on offense, it wont be as bad as it maynot look.

Who recruited those kids who were not good enough to beat UVA after their coach called a "decent" game. Who corched up those QBs who in year 3 still look like QBs at a D3 school. Who hire that terrible OL corch? Only the people who don't know football were happy with the richt Hire. No one should be happy by grabbing a career long slacker who gets beat by less talented teams bi annually for close to 2 decades. Especially one who was **** canned and couldn't get a job with any decent P5 school.

This was all facts until the last sentence. There was schools constantly trying to hire Richt away from UGA. After he got fired, 5 p-5 schools contacted him. Doesn't even make
sense because obviously all the "decent schools" shouldn't have an opening at head coach.

Advertisement
Back