Official fire Urban Meyer thread

Because i know what better athletes look like. A player like Jahir jones is to stiff, hayden is not the best athlete. When recruited better and more athletic o-linemen this time around. That being said campbell is more athletic and more physical than st. Louis, yoy already seen scaife, and cleveland reed is kind of like the ray lewis of the young o-linemen, once he gets his hands on some, good luck. Guys like herbert and hillery need to loosen up and stop playing like robots, gaynor will give more effort than his talent, but he has the talent to be better than gauthier. Which reminds me, but nick linder should've stay at guard, he was more athletic there, was not strong enuff to play center. And donaldson is out of sink right now, has to get his mind and body back right to play guard. I been around football a long time, i got a real good idea about alot of players. The 2 o-linemen committed are more physical and athletic, we will be a better run blocking team shortly. I trust my own eyes, for instance no matter what he did in the nfl, i told people early on before the season started that ereck flowers was going to be our starting left tackle and a 1st round draft pick, right now, im still evaluating neal.

Did you also predict that Flowers would be a massive bust and absolutley suck in the NFL?

Advertisement
This was all facts until the last sentence. There was schools constantly trying to hire Richt away from UGA. After he got fired, 5 p-5 schools contacted him. Doesn't even make
sense because obviously all the "decent schools" shouldn't have an opening at head coach.

Every offer I have heard about was ****** schools like UNC and schools like that. I could be wrong though.

Advertisement
Did you also predict that Flowers would be a massive bust and absolutley suck in the NFL?[/QU

My concern is UM, not the giants, that's there problem, but honestly i thought he should have been a right tackle in the nfl cause he wasnt that quick, but i dont get into what they'll be in the nfl, no matter what he put himself in position to be drafted in the 1st round, but from highschool to college it was clear to me. He came in and from day 3 he took over, and we havent had a tackle like him since. They on the way though, scaife actually is kind of in that mold though, just undersized.

UVA, Misssouri, South Carolina, Maryland and Miami. Not blue bloods, but none of the big time colleges had an opening when he was fired.

Yah bro. That is exactly what I mean. The only school on that list that is somewhat legit is South Carolina and they hired an even worse loser coach in Muschamp.

Advertisement
My concern is UM, not the giants, that's there problem, but honestly i thought he should have been a right tackle in the nfl cause he wasnt that quick, but i dont get into what they'll be in the nfl, no matter what he put himself in position to be drafted in the 1st round, but from highschool to college it was clear to me. He came in and from day 3 he took over, and we havent had a tackle like him since. They on the way though, scaife actually is kind of in that mold though, just undersized.

So you are patting yourself on the back for predicting that a 330 pound 4 star freshman. On a team with a weak line. Who had already began starting by the end of his freshman year would start in his sophomore year? You are either the worlds greatest evaluator of OL talent or Nostradamus.

If you lose a game like Ohio State did against Purdue, then you should get the hottest of takes.

However, every legendary coach has had dumb losses. Even Bear Bryant, Barry Switzer, and Woody Hayes have dumb *** losses

So you are patting yourself on the back for predicting that a 330 pound 4 star freshman. On a team with a weak line. Who had already began starting by the end of his freshman year would start in his sophomore year? You are either the worlds greatest evaluator of OL talent or Nostradamus.

I take it you missed the whole point of the conversation, got you. Didnt matter how much hhe weighed or how many stars he had, if that's the case and it was that simple, Jahir jones and mahoney should be 1st round draft picks to than if we going by your logic. Also st. Louis should be a first rounder to according to your weight and star chart. All you have to do is stick, you will learn more football whether you want to or not!

I take it you missed the whole point of the conversation, got you. Didnt matter how much hhe weighed or how many stars he had, if that's the case and it was that simple, Jahir jones and mahoney should be 1st round draft picks to than if we going by your logic. Also st. Louis should be a first rounder to according to your weight and star chart. All you have to do is stick, you will learn more football whether you want to or not!

No I understood the topic of conversation. My point is even people with no football knowledge could have predicted Flowers would be the starter his Soph year.

Advertisement
This is stuff is just hilarious. Every single one of you that is crying to excuse Rick's loss to Virginia because Meyer lost to Purdue, are the same people who keep harping on our need for better players-- OL and QB, mainly.

What you guys don't get is that in the competitive landscape that is college recruiting, there are serious questions about our guy's ability to win a championship and consistently beat his top competition.

As much as we all enjoyed watching Urban Meyer's $8,000,000 Suck-tator *** sitting on that little golf cart eating a ****** pizza before his press conference, he has won three national championships and consistently makes his top rivals his *****. Michigan literally spent millions of dollars a year to host camps around the world trying to beat that guy.

When we are going head-to-head for top talent people will bring up that, "CMR hasn't won a championship, and lost two out of three games he played against Florida. At Miami, he was embarrassed by Wisconsin, Clemson and LSU"

What are they going to say about a guy like Meyer? "Oh, well, he did lose to Purdue, right?" Huge difference. Huge.

So, yes, it hurts us more when we lose to Pitt and UVA. Your body of work as a head coach matters when you've been at it as long as CMRick.
Embarrassed by Wisconsin is a major exaggeration
What do people say about dabo? 6-7 in year 3.

What happens if we get to the ACCCG this year and we start to wonder if all the morons on here begging for perry maybe cost us the Virginia game .

How many times have we won the coastal in 13 years prior to richt? How many times did we win it in his two years (about to be 2/3).

Will we get over Clemson who's the second best team in the nation? Who knows but progress is evident and anyone crying for his firing is a moron

urban2.png

Embarrassed by Wisconsin is a major exaggeration
What do people say about dabo? 6-7 in year 3.

What happens if we get to the ACCCG this year and we start to wonder if all the morons on here begging for perry maybe cost us the Virginia game .

How many times have we won the coastal in 13 years prior to richt? How many times did we win it in his two years (about to be 2/3).

Will we get over Clemson who's the second best team in the nation? Who knows but progress is evident and anyone crying for his firing is a moron

Other than saying that you disagree the loss to Wisconsin was embarrassing-- and I disagree with that because we blew a lead and looked atrocious doing so-- nothing else you said in any way addresses anything I wrote.

This is Miami, about 25% of the fanbase is always going to want to fire the coach, that's what happens around here. So ignore that, and look at the broader picture, it's his third year and he's still starting a holdover from the last staff at quarterback, a kid they offered in sheer desperation might I add. Good Kid. Hard worker. Team player. Great attributes on a personal level, but he's not a good quarterback and starting him two years in a row is in fact a problem.

You say that progress is evident, but look at our record against the last 10 P5 teams we played. Maybe your definition of progress and mine differs materially, but the numbers are not in your favor on that. We certainly didn't show any progress against LSU, and we confirmed that with a disappointing loss to Virginia.

Advertisement
No I understood the topic of conversation. My point is even people with no football knowledge could have predicted Flowers would be the starter his Soph year.

Ok, if you say so, but you really did miss the whole point, and the fact that you referenced his weight and star ranking, i understand your mentality better and why you missed the point. Like i said, just stick around, you'll start learning football better, these nerd recruiting sites definitely confuse alot of people. You see it all the time and players like joe jackson, garvin, Michael jackson, redwine, gauthier, Ahmon, pickney are examples of how flawed the ranking systems are.

UVA, Misssouri, South Carolina, Maryland and Miami. Not blue bloods, but none of the big time colleges had an opening when he was fired.

Wow, imagine Richt coaching a team that doesn't out talent opponents? UVA and such would be 2-10 every year

Advertisement
Back