Official fire Urban Meyer thread

You'd think that this would be obvious but it clearly isn't. But let's simplify (very simple) for certain people, like OP. Also, this response isn't about Richt, per se.

1. Nobody is perfect. Bad things happen even to the best of the best.

2. There are certain coaches who have earned the benefit of the doubt. This obviously is an opinion but if a coach is currently and consistently: (a) winning their conference, (b) making the playoffs and/or (c) competing for NCs then they have earned the benefit of the doubt . This doesn't mean that bad things don't happen, it just means that because of the above, they get a pass.

So in terms of earning the obvious benefit of the doubt, here are three examples (in no particular order):

1. Saban
2. Urban
3. Dabo
-----------------------------the benefit of the doubt -----------------------------

3. Just because you have earned the benefit of the doubt doesn't mean you get to keep it forever. At one point, Mack Brown was on top of the world (or one of these coaches). Look at his tenure from 2001-2009. He won the NC, competed for another and had 4 BCS appearances (3-1). During this span, Texas averaged 11.2 wins per season. During this time, things were good at UT, sure there were times they lost to inferior teams (like 02 at TTU) but clearly the overall product was pretty darn good.

After that tenure, we know what happened. We know the results from 2010-2013 were drastically inferior. It wasn't one bad season or one bad game, it was multiple sub-par seasons and multiple bad games. So although Mack Brown accomplished a lot, it was his recent tenure that mattered. Brown could no longer rely on his track record because his track record began to stink. When the sample size became so obvious and the team wanted more, it was time to move on. Sometimes you are or become your sample size. Sometimes it is obvious you have or now have a ceiling.

4. [In general] Where does that leave us? Those three coaches get a pass when bad stuff happens. If things go the Mack Brown route, then I assure you they will lose the benefit of the doubt.

Does this really need to be said?

Starting to get weird how much of a hard on you have for all my posts on this site.

Give it up

Also your dabo example is retarded

He was 6-7 in year three at Clemson
Richt 10-3 in year 2

Advertisement
Point taken, but not one legitimately made between Miami of last several years and OSU of same.

They have legitimately been in the CFP conversation; Miami has not.

Hmmm, Miami wasn't in the CFP conversation last year? Now that's breaking news. What has me worried is it is clear I imagined the Canes being at one point ranked in the top 4 of the playoffs last year and were constantly being talked about throughout the season as a major contender for the playoffs. At any rate, thanks for setting me straight!

You've proven once again that stupid is incurable. One cannot express the comfort I take in knowing that offensive geniuses like you are watching over Coach Mark Richt.

When I read brilliant comments such as yours I can't help but wonder how many years you were a head coach or offensive coordinator for a Division One College Football Program or was it all the time you spent coaching in the NFL?

What I wouldn't pay to have dip shyts like you having a one-on-one conversation with Coach Richt about college football, particularly the offensive side of the game.

It has been said; "We live in a culture where everyone's opinion, view, and assessment of situations and people slither across social media, most of it anonymously, much of it shaped by mindless meanness and stupidity."

They're singing your song, simplycanes!

My gosh are you an unusually and uncommon brand of loser. Any little pinprick triggers your mental lapse of endless and insufferable verbal diarrhea. Move along before your inferiority complex gets you schooled again.

Even though he's a scum bag, I would love to take a coach who has won three national titles, 77-9 record at Ohio State, and two big 10 titles.

Advertisement
Hmmm, Miami wasn't in the CFP conversation last year? Now that's breaking news. What has me worried is it is clear I imagined the Canes being at one point ranked in the top 4 of the playoffs last year and were constantly being talked about throughout the season as a major contender for the playoffs. At any rate, thanks for setting me straight!

Miami was not legitimately part of CFP conversation last year. If they were, they wouldn't have lost their last 3 straight and 4 rolling into the flop in Big D to open this year.

Their mirage of a top 4 ranking was about as accurate as 1+1=3--and that was proven by the losing streak.

Does Bama go on 3-4 game losing streaks? UGA? OSU?

The dominant Miami teams found ways to win against all calibers of competiton. The Miami of tje last decade loses to K St, Cincy, UVA, Duke, and tje painful list goes on and on.

Teams must prove their ranking on the field, not on paper.

My gosh are you an unusually and uncommon brand of loser. Any little pinprick triggers your mental lapse of endless and insufferable verbal diarrhea. Move along before your inferiority complex gets you schooled again.

You poor little girl...I simply accurately described you. No need to throw a temper tantrum and start pulling the heads off the dolls you play with.

My accurate overview of you should have resulted in you thanking me as I have given you the opportunity to try and repair your nonproductive life.

Now take that dress off, clean the makeup off your face, remove the fingernail polish...and TRY to be a man!!!

Miami was not legitimately part of CFP conversation last year. If they were, they wouldn't have lost their last 3 straight and 4 rolling into the flop in Big D to open this year.

Their mirage of a top 4 ranking was about as accurate as 1+1=3--and that was proven by the losing streak.

Does Bama go on 3-4 game losing streaks? UGA? OSU?

The dominant Miami teams found ways to win against all calibers of competiton. The Miami of tje last decade loses to K St, Cincy, UVA, Duke, and tje painful list goes on and on.

Teams must prove their ranking on the field, not on paper.
We went into the ACCCG in the CFP discussion

If you think otherwise you're clueless

Had we won we would have been in

That is the definition of being in the discussion

Advertisement

So now its semantics.

We got embarassed four games in a row on national TV.

Can you explain why Mark Richt was fired from UGA?

Starting to get weird how much of a hard on you have for all my posts on this site.

Give it up

Also your dabo example is retarded

It wasn't simple enough for you.

He was 6-7 in year three at Clemson
Richt 10-3 in year 2

And now we're back to doubling down. Some questions (Richt v. Dabo):

1. Who has more NCs?
2. Who has more playoff appearances?
3. Who has been an HC longer?
4. Who has more NC appearances?
5. Who has a better win %
6. Who wasn't fired as an HC?

Please answer all questions.

Advertisement
Personal attacks
You poor little girl...I simply accurately described you. No need to throw a temper tantrum and start pulling the heads off the dolls you play with.

My accurate overview of you should have resulted in you thanking me as I have given you the opportunity to try and repair your nonproductive life.

Now take that dress off, clean the makeup off your face, remove the fingernail polish...and TRY to be a man!!!

I was a man all over your wife's face last night. Notice her wrinkles filling in?

You go high, I go higher. You go low, I go lower.

You know why? I'm better than you, in every way.

So now its semantics.

We got embarassed four games in a row on national TV.

Can you explain why Mark Richt was fired from UGA?
You act like we're saying it's okay that we lost.. we're not

I'm just saying some people on here are intelligent enough to be able to grasp the state of the program and base it off something more than one final score

Idiots on here asking for leach who has never finished even 3rd in a side of a division?
Kiffin who ran USCw into the ground

I mean calling for richt to be fired is dumb enough but then to want someone who is WORSE is just retarded

I think you signficantly over estimate how Miami was in the discussion.

Very few thought Miami was going to beat Clemson.

Regardless, to each their own.

Advertisement
But they did think we'd beat Wisconsin, and LSU, and UVA. But whatever, O*U lost so we good.

And Louisville, and Cincy, and K St....the list is long of "Miami was favored" where they then lost, often in humiliating fashion.

Its a consistent problem, and until fixed, Miami is just not going to be an elite program.

And that pains all of us.

You'd think that this would be obvious but it clearly isn't. But let's simplify (very simple) for certain people, like OP. Also, this response isn't about Richt, per se.

1. Nobody is perfect. Bad things happen even to the best of the best.

2. There are certain coaches who have earned the benefit of the doubt. This obviously is an opinion but if a coach is currently and consistently: (a) winning their conference, (b) making the playoffs and/or (c) competing for NCs then they have earned the benefit of the doubt . This doesn't mean that bad things don't happen, it just means that because of the above, they get a pass.

So in terms of earning the obvious benefit of the doubt, here are three examples (in no particular order):

1. Saban
2. Urban
3. Dabo
-----------------------------the benefit of the doubt -----------------------------

3. Just because you have earned the benefit of the doubt doesn't mean you get to keep it forever. At one point, Mack Brown was on top of the world (or one of these coaches). Look at his tenure from 2001-2009. He won the NC, competed for another and had 4 BCS appearances (3-1). During this span, Texas averaged 11.2 wins per season. During this time, things were good at UT, sure there were times they lost to inferior teams (like 02 at TTU) but clearly the overall product was pretty darn good.

After that tenure, we know what happened. We know the results from 2010-2013 were drastically inferior. It wasn't one bad season or one bad game, it was multiple sub-par seasons and multiple bad games. So although Mack Brown accomplished a lot, it was his recent tenure that mattered. Brown could no longer rely on his track record because his track record began to stink. When the sample size became so obvious and the team wanted more, it was time to move on. Sometimes you are or become your sample size. Sometimes it is obvious you have or now have a ceiling.

4. [In general] Where does that leave us? Those three coaches get a pass when bad stuff happens. If things go the Mack Brown route, then I assure you they will lose the benefit of the doubt.

Does this really need to be said?
It’s really sad that it needs to be spelled out like this for some people. It’s not that difficult of a concept to grasp. Meyer gets the benefit of the doubt because of his track record. Everyone expects that Ohio State will bounce back and probably win the the rest of their regular season games. If OSU goes on a 4 game losing streak we’ll revisit this discussion but until then, one bad loss is not analogous to Richt and UM.

Advertisement
Back