Official: Butch to FIU (SIAP)

Advertisement
He did put together the finest assembly of talent the college football world has ever seen.

I know. I watched it happen.

He went to Cleveland and failed miserably there.Then , he goes to UNC and they are still untangling all the scandals he was part of there. He never won anything here, Cleveland, or UNC and whatever he does now makes no difference to me. Good riddance. The man can recruit but he can't coach for ****.

ESPN.com: GEN

LOL...least He got paid.

What was Howard's record for the USFL team He $h!tted on UM fans for?...LOL.

Butch was the last head coach to get Cleveland in the playoffs. I'm not saying he is the greatest but I'm not going to say he sucks either.

Advertisement
Butch left the cupboards loaded when he left here. He has expressed regret in his decision to leave for Cleveland and he openly wanted our HC job this last time around. He's going to FIU. It's ok to wish the man well.

Botch getting hired at that high school program (if he is going to FIU), will have zero impact on Miami. Zero. The only reason to give a fūck is just to gossip and talk shīt, otherwise the impact is less than negligible.

Correct. He may steal a croot here and there but I doubt it will be that often.

He will have that program buzzing in a couple years. Fantastic hire for any program but for a school in SoFla he's the perfect fit.

Steal a recruit here and there? Gtfoh lol

Advertisement
All we have to do is pull a Tennessee...Offer any and everyone that Butch offers on the defensive side.

He cant go after plan A or B or C.....wouldnt be a smart idea imo. He knows he cant recruit the cooks or juedys or even regular cats....so this isnt smart we should be in for big fish not plan f ayers

His corching skills are ridiculously underwhelming...But his eye for talent is second to none.

No doubt Paul Davis has a great eye for talent. But after Miami, Florida, FSU, the SEC, and even USF eat what is left for FIU? The state has a lot of talent but it will be hard to make a decent meal from the scraps he'll share with FAU and UCF.

No doubt Paul Davis has a great eye for talent. But after Miami, Florida, FSU, the SEC, and even USF eat what is left for FIU? The state has a lot of talent but it will be hard to make a decent meal from the scraps he'll share with FAU and UCF.

He will dominate those scrubs in crootin. They aren't even competition.

The only thing we learn from this is that Pete Garcia is arguably the worst AD in the FBS. UCF managed to end up with Scott Frost, an up and coming playcaller with a recent run of success at Oregon. USF, after the Skip Holtz experiment failed(Ironically, Skip found success at Louisiana Tech), went out and got Willie Taggart, a coach that did a solid job of transitioning WKU from FCS to FBS. FIU may be hiring a coach that has been mediocre at both of his major conference stops(Although a lot of his problems at Miami were the end result of things that weren't his fault), has been away from the sidelines for 5+ years, and wasn't lauded as a great football mind the first time. Butch may be able to recruit, but people overrate his ability to find diamonds in the rough. That doesn't happen nearly as often anymore, because it's borderline impossible in the internet age for kids to slip under the radar. You have far too many recruiting sites, and the like for a kid to be totally unnoticed. Butch Davis is a coach that has shown that he has to have an overwhelming talent advantage in order to win big, and as we saw in 2000, he is still capable of blowing it(To this day, I believe the 2000 team was better than the 2001 squad, and yet Butch and his staff found a way to ***** it up).

In the midmajor ranks, you have to win with scheme and adjustments often, because it is incredibly rare for one midmajor to have an overwhelming talent advantage. Butch will be an upgrade over Ron Turner, but anyone would be an upgrade over that greasefire. This was a buddy giving a buddy a job, point blank. The fact that Garcia got this approved by the people he reports to is yet another example of FIU being totally lost in regards to sports.

Advertisement

Scott Frost laughs at old man Butch. Let's see, innovative, young offensive mind in a superior conference, with superior facilities worrying about old, conservative coach that doesn't even have a track record of smashing success? Do you realize how old today's recruits were when Butch had that season in 2000? They were one years old, and that's for the kids that will enroll next fall. In other words, his magical season means NOTHING to them.

LMAO. Cane Dynasty getting fired up for Butch recruiting against low tier competition like Scarface competing to control coke distribution: Fück the Gomez brothers, I'll bury those cöckroaches!

LMAO. Cane Dynasty getting fired up for Butch recruiting against low tier competition like Scarface competing to control coke distribution: Fück the Gomez brothers, I'll bury those cöckroaches!

I know what he's gonna do. So does everyone else. That's why all the panties are rustled.

Is he gonna turn FUI into UM? Of course not but he's gonna make them greater than they've ever been.

Advertisement

I know what he's gonna do. So does everyone else. That's why all the panties are rustled.

Is he gonna turn FUI into UM? Of course not but he's gonna make them greater than they've ever been.

Butch was not the best game day coach but he was the best identifier of talent and recruiter that we ever had. Why would anyone doubt that he will find some T.Y. Hilton types, especially on defense, for FIU?

Paul Davis recruited well at UNC.

His recruiting classes average rankings were 3rd in the ACC, and 18th nationally. He had the highest ranked classes in the ACC twice, and was in the top 12 nationally twice. Quite impressive for UNC.

What did Paul Davis do with his highly ranked recruiting classes?

He averaged 7 wins, 5 losses a year, and a losing record in ACC games.

As long as Paul and Garcia are able to keep East Carolina, Virginia, GaTech, VaTech, NC St., and FSU off the schedule, he should have some success.

Advertisement
Back