Official: Butch to FIU (SIAP)

Advertisement
...and he will move to a bigger job as soon as one opens up. This is his "probation" for what happened at UNC.

There aren't guys like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed flying under the radar anymore.

Oh there aren't?...LOL

Well explain why none of the "Big 3" never offered Paxton Lynch, Blake Bortles, Trevor Siemian, & Khalil Mack?

Look at the names you just listed? None of them won anything special in college. You just listed them as a response to Hall of Famers.

For Butch to succeed at FIU he will have to somehow someway convince one or two difference makers (TY Hilton types) to play for him. He will then start to beat the weaker teams on his schedule. When the local talent sees he is winning then more will come.

Tough assignment for Butch. FIU right now is horrid and I wouldn't expect the first sign of progress for 2-3 years.

I agree with all of that except the last sentence. I think progress will be seen immediately. Especially in this first croot class I expect to see a diamond or two uncovered.

For Butch to succeed at FIU he will have to somehow someway convince one or two difference makers (TY Hilton types) to play for him. He will then start to beat the weaker teams on his schedule. When the local talent sees he is winning then more will come.

Tough assignment for Butch. FIU right now is horrid and I wouldn't expect the first sign of progress for 2-3 years.

I agree with all of that except the last sentence. I think progress will be seen immediately. Especially in this first croot class I expect to see a diamond or two uncovered.

If he hits a homerun on a skill player, especially a QB ,then yeah ,he starts winning sooner rather than later. Will be interesting to follow.

Advertisement
if true, guess FIU will win a NC in 2026

Not that even Saban would be able to win a NC at FIU. But from reading canesinsight you'd hardly realize that Butch was the only Miami HC from 1979-2006 that didn't win a NC.

...and he will move to a bigger job as soon as one opens up. This is his "probation" for what happened at UNC.

His age is already an issue at 65. And by the time he might be doing well enough at FIU to open eyes he'd be approaching 70 lol.

His age is already an issue at 65. And by the time he might be doing well enough at FIU to open eyes he'd be approaching 70 lol.

The next potus, regardless of who gets elected, is older than Butch. I think he can run a football program just fine. The problem with the older coaches is usually a hunger issue. Do they still have that competitiveness in them? Are they addicted to winning? I think Butch will always be a savage HC and I wish him well. Hope he goes out on top, even if it is at FIU.

Just have him snuff out all the south florida diamonds in the rough for us

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back