Official “If not Mario then who?” Thread

I would really love to hear an in-depth explanation of the Kiffen over Mario thing.. I just don't get it. If you guys are so enticed by ****sure swagger, might as well keep Diaz around another 20 years till he figures it out..

I wouldn't put Kiffen over Mario, but I think highly of him and would be happy if he was the choice. Kiffen was an agent of chaos before he worked for Saban, but his failures and time with Saban seem to have humbled him. He didn't draw any negative press that I can remember at FAU, he teased Saban a bit for fun but he would always make sure to follow up by stating how much he respects Saban. He is a legit offensive guru. Schnelly fully endorsed him, and that carries a lot of water for me. He's a top tier recruiter. He took a 3-9 FAU team and went 11-3 in his first year as HC. Prior to his arrival, FAU had gone 3-9 for 3 seasons in a row. In just 3 years at FAU, he won 10+ games and the conference twice. So he's shown the ability to take what looks like a garbage program devoid of talent and turn them into instant conference champions. He's got NFL HC experience, P5 coach experience, learned how to run a program from Nick Saban, then applied that knowledge at FAU to turn them into conference champs. I think the detractors wrongly keep thinking he's Tennessee-era Lane Kiffin.

Advertisement
Mario turns 51 this week.
And he checks off all those boxes.
I just don’t see it happening before the end of the season. And if we wait that long to try and hit a home run this class will all be committed somewhere else. Whoever comes in will have to salvage it with transfers and plan c guys.
I don’t trust manny to swim up the river he just took this team down and still get any of the players we’re after. For example: Lucas and his dad were at the stadium and they still have Bama and tamu to visit.
Mario ain’t gonna leave before a ny6 bowl unless major changes are made.
If we wait till the end of this season we just blew the ability to stack 2 really good classes for the first time in the last15 years.

And he checks off all those boxes.
I just don’t see it happening before the end of the season. And if we wait that long to try and hit a home run this class will all be committed somewhere else. Whoever comes in will have to salvage it with transfers and plan c guys.
I don’t trust manny to swim up the river he just took this team down and still get any of the players we’re after. For example: Lucas and his dad were at the stadium and they still have Bama and tamu to visit.
Mario ain’t gonna leave before a ny6 bowl unless major changes are made.
If we wait till the end of this season we just blew the ability to stack 2 really good classes for the first time in the last15 years.

1. Fire Beta Blake today.
2. Back-channel communicate with Mario; convey salary, support staff, facilities, and AD commitment.
3. If Mario is interested, target the announcement for Thanksgiving weekend.
4. Fire Manny whenever the timing is right, go with an interim for the rest of the year.

I don't get the Lane Kiffin and Hugh Freeze love. Both didn't win at their P5 jobs and have done nothing monumental in their careers.

Give me Bill O' Brien. He will Bring in Big names as coordinators which we all want.
Was somewhat successful at Pedo State right as the scandel hit. (Bowl games were Banned)
Had a winning NFL head coaching record.

His only Knock is that he's a terrible NFL GM.

Advertisement
I don't get the Lane Kiffin and Hugh Freeze love. Both didn't win at their P5 jobs and have done nothing monumental in their careers.

Give me Bill O' Brien. He will Bring in Big names as coordinators which we all want.
Was somewhat successful at Pedo State right as the scandel hit. (Bowl games were Banned)
Had a winning NFL head coaching record.

His only Knock is that he's a terrible NFL GM.
So Hugh Freeze and Lane Kiffin have done nothing monumental in their careers but then you offer Bill O’Brien as a better option? You know he went 8-4 and 7-5 at Penn St right?

So Hugh Freeze and Lane Kiffin have done nothing monumental in their careers but then you offer Bill O’Brien as a better option? You know he went 8-4 and 7-5 at Penn St right?
I listed why he went that record at Penn State in my comment. He had players like Will Fuller committed to the team before the scandal hit. While they did get away with it....when it was first reported there were talks that the program might get CANX when news first broke. Pretty remarkable he was able to win at all if you ask me.

I listed why he went that record at Penn State in my comment. He had players like Will Fuller committed to the team before the scandal hit. While they did get away with it....when it was first reported there were talks that the program might get CANX when news first broke. Pretty remarkable he was able to win at all if you ask me.
Remarkable? He would’ve won more if he benched Hackenburg for McSorely.

Advertisement
Don’t know why y’all are even mentioning Kiffin or even moreso Hugh Freeze. Those guys got baggage in UM’s eyes and are not squeaky clean. You’re fantasizing about something that’d absolutely never happen.

Forget the Dorsey/Joe Brady/O’Brien/Bienemy nonsense. They’re all NFL guys and even if pulled here would bounce back to the NFL first shot.

Mario/Napier/Neal Brown/Clawson

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TR]
[TD]2013[/TD]
[TD]Ole Miss[/TD]
[TD]1–5 [a][/TD]
[TD]0–5 [a][/TD]

[TD]T–5th (Western)[/TD]
[TD]W Music City[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2014[/TD]
[TD]Ole Miss[/TD]
[TD]1–4 [a][/TD]
[TD]0–3 [a][/TD]

[TD]3rd (Western)[/TD]
[TD]L Peach†[/TD]

[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015[/TD]
[TD]Ole Miss[/TD]

[TD]10–3[/TD]
[TD]6–2[/TD]
[TD]2nd (Western)[/TD]
[TD]W Sugar†[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016[/TD]
[TD]Ole Miss[/TD]
[TD]0–7 [a][/TD]
[TD]0–6 [a][/TD]

[TD]7th (Western)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]

That's Hugh Freeze at P5 level. If you want that, then why fire Manny?
It’s Ole Miss. A bottom feeding SEC school. You offered a coach that did the same thing Hugh did…but at a Blue blood.

It doesn’t even matter. They wouldn’t call Hugh anyways and Bill will fail just like Manny.

Advertisement
It’s Ole Miss. A bottom feeding SEC school. You offered a coach that did the same thing Hugh did…but at a Blue blood.

It doesn’t even matter. They wouldn’t call Hugh anyways and Bill will fail just like Manny.

If you say so. Guy had a winning record everywhere hes coached.

Don’t know why y’all are even mentioning Kiffin or even moreso Hugh Freeze. Those guys got baggage in UM’s eyes and are not squeaky clean. You’re fantasizing About something that’d absolutely never happen.

Mario/Napier/Neal Brown/Clawson

It's Miami Masochism to talk up guys who will never get the job.

My Top 3 is Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, and Urban Meyer...

Advertisement
If you say so. Guy had a winning record everywhere hes coached.

Kiffin has Ole miss at 3-0 right now so maybe im wrong on him? lol

Also, BOB never won 0 games twice and 1 game twice in a season. They're not close.

Advertisement
Back