Official “If not Mario then who?” Thread

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
This is solely for the possibility that Mario either turns it down, takes the USC gig, or the price is just too high.

1) Bill Clark

3 C-USA West titles, 2 conference championships, and he’s never had a losing record in CFB. In fact, he’s 43-23 at UAB who a year before he got there was 2-10. He’s even 11-4 on the FCS level. Basically Bill wins. That’s all he does. Hire him and surround him with recruiters and this very team is probably a 11 game winner.

2) Billy Napier

He’s a spark plug and maybe the jolt we need even though he’s a bit unproven which in my opinion isn’t a worry because of where he comes from before being an HC. Recruiting obviously is not a worry here. He used to be Saban’s preferred hit man for those who don’t remember.

3) Hugh Freeze

We all know who this is and we all know he’ll get the job done but questions with him is 1) would he be able to take us back to national power status or would be just short of that and 2) would the BOT make the call.

4) Jamey Chadwell

Resume isn’t as strong as Bill’s but other than his 1 year stint at Delta State he’s won everywhere he’s gone but he’s too new to FBS for me.

5) Lane Kiffin

He would take the job in a heart beat but I don’t think he’ll value defense enough that it’ll be dominate. I don’t care much foot ball has changed. Defense will always matter more than Offense

A name would be unpopular: Ken Dorsey

In Ken’s defense, it’s basically a fore gone conclusion that whenever Brian DaBoll take an HC job that he would become the Bills OC. UF loves to call Mullen a QB whisperer but if that’s the case then Ken is a QB Sensai with the work he did with Cam and Josh. They would ha e to surround him recruiters for sure but I wouldn’t be surprised if we heard his name.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think if we can’t get Mario. You have to take a serious look at Lane Kiffin. He’s got Ole Miss rolling right now, and I think he’d kill it in recruiting down here. If he can put together a good defensive staff I’m all in.

I think Dorsey is a very underrated pick. It won’t be long until people start throwing his name in the hat for a HC gig in the NFL. I expect he’d get a lot of support from former canes. Would love to see how he could coach up Garcia.

For me it’s Mario,Kiffin, Freeze/Dorsey. Schiano as a plan D.

3762b0cd1c2003efa3db74c16ec2b2de.jpg

Players notified 😅

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back