Official “If not Mario then who?” Thread

Advertisement
I brought him up 3 years ago before Manny was hired, really liked what he did at Troy.
Yeah I had him on my radar then but wanted to see a bit more from him at a step up

I don’t have a deep dive on WVU but he had a nice win this week

Advertisement
Don't know his personality but that's the exact description needed for our next coach.
I agree with you and ive actually thought about bringing his name up before. I wouldn't hate the hire. I could see it getting alot of hate because its not a **** hire.

Wake generally shows up even in big games. Thats impressive for a tiny school that gets unc and nc states leftovers. His kids play hard and fast. They tackle well and his dbs are usually fantastic.

Advertisement
What about Geoff Collins? Idk how you get players to take you serious when people hear your school and think triple option.
Because he has (at least made strides) changed the way people think about GT.

Ask Clemson.

With that said, I'm not certain he is viewed as the saviour of Ramblin' Wreck football.

ARE YOU GUYS ******* HIGH?!?!?
Screenshot_20210919-190700.png

Screenshot_20210919-190626.png

Go to a pro guy who's a top coordinator waiting to be a HC.
We all know Miami is the best way to jumpstart your career if you win big here
Used to be.

However, both JJ and Erickson took over a program that had won a NC the year before (JJ, from Schnelly), and Erickson (4-year 44-4, '87 NC JJ team). Only Butch rebuilt the program, after a few seasons of Erickson's poor recruiting and crippling NCAA sanctions. This is not a dig at JJ or DE, just the truth of their timing.

Miami needs a program rebuilder, IMO

Advertisement
I agree with you and ive actually thought about bringing his name up before. I wouldn't hate the hire. I could see it getting alot of hate because its not a **** hire.

Wake generally shows up even in big games. Thats impressive for a tiny school that gets unc and nc states leftovers. His kids play hard and fast. They tackle well and his dbs are usually fantastic.

People would be out with their pitchforks the entire offseason until the games actually start and you see the difference.

Find me a recent coordinator that won a Super Bowl. It worked for Shnelly and Butch.

If that doesnt work, Mike Gundy would be a Jimmy Johnson play.

Think Billy Napier would be a pretty nice fit if he'd take the job...he's given quotes in the media about wanting to wait for the 'right spot.' He obviously has a lot of recruiting connections already in the southeast from his time at Clemson and Bama. Guy has coached under Saban and Dabo and is currently doing great at ULL. Read up on him, they **** near were going to do crazy **** to keep him at ASU before he left for Lafayette anyway. Seems like a coach with some helium that will eventually leave for a bigger job...

Would prefer someone who is a proven HC rather than rolling the dice on a coordinator, don't have great success at that lately.

Advertisement
I’m keeping an eye on Neal Brown at WVU
Go ahead and look away. He’s not capable of putting together an offense that would satisfy us. He’s the right type of guy, mentality wise, but not as a head coach. He’s all about run defense, and good at it, but not great against the pass.

I know WVU as a program has a ceiling, but I think he does as well.

I think if we can’t get Mario. You have to take a serious look at Lane Kiffin. He’s got Ole Miss rolling right now, and I think he’d kill it in recruiting down here. If he can put together a good defensive staff I’m all in.

I think Dorsey is a very underrated pick. It won’t be long until people start throwing his name in the hat for a HC gig in the NFL. I expect he’d get a lot of support from former canes. Would love to see how he could coach up Garcia.

For me it’s Mario,Kiffin, Freeze/Dorsey. Schiano as a plan D.
I'd like Ken Dorsey as an AD.
Whoever he picks as Coach?
I'm in..

Advertisement
Back