Official “If not Mario then who?” Thread

Advertisement
We probably need a coach similar to Butchs mind set, but I just don’t think an Older Butch Davis is it. Name one time a successful coach comes back to a team a succeeds a second time. Rarely if ever happens
Again, I’m not saying that Butch is the man for the job. I’m saying that you’re underestimating what he might still be able to do here. Sometimes sticking to those that wronged you can be a tremendous motivator for success.

No matter what anyone says, the admin and BoT tried to low ball Butch back in the day, after he brought the U back from almost Death Penalty type sanctions. These @$$clowns have always been elitist cheap skates.

I laugh when people say that Golden had to overcome sanctions. That is laughable. Butch had to oversee a program that was hammered to the tune of 24 scholarship losses over a 2 year period. 13 in 96-97 and 11 in 97-98. Butch had us back by late 2000 (which is miraculous), and people still **** on the guy.

Golden only had 3 per year taken away for 3 seasons, yet many try to give him a pass, while shytting all over Butch. This is a big part of the reason why our fan base sucks. People don’t have to want Butch back, but to constantly disrespect this man after all that he did for the Hurricanes football program is downright low rent.

This thread is great, of all the names thrown out, I'd choose each and every one over Manny every single time.

What's everyone's thoughts on Clawson from Wake? Seems to be a good coach that gets the most out of his team.
FSU made a run at him after Taggart. He turned them down.

Very good coach. Don’t know if he’d fit in Miami, but…

Advertisement
Assuming the commitment level is were it needs to be and we were unable to lure Mario.

I am making a play on James Franklin…

I don’t want to see any G5, mid major type of coach with potential coming through the doors anymore.

Give me a coach that has recruited and coached at a power 5 program and has done so with success.
Why would Franklin leave PSU for this dumpster fire? State College eats, drinks and sleeps PSU football, plays in front of 100K fans every game and gets recruits from FL.

I would like to get Franklin but don't see him leaving PSU for Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back