OBSERVATION: Zion Nelson

Advertisement
Both. They have Zion rated above Campbell, who is the next T up. Zion was better than him in the game they both started but it’s not a huge difference.
D Money, what about Hebert?!? certified JAG?!?

Manny letting his assistants keep Zion out there after the UNC game lets me know that Manny is playing for the future, not the present. He must also think that this program is at least a three year build IF all the stars align, which they haven't.

I’m sure Manny has convinced everybody in the Admin that this is at least a 3-5 year build project so he can collect checks he’s not qualified to receive. The Admin is so incompetent that they just nod and continue to dump money into his account.

If he’s the best we have on the roster we really are in deep do do..........if you watch him he misses a block then runs behind the guy he just allowed to maim the QB in that half crouch like his back hurts and says “ did I do that? “....

But you can’t blame the kid as much as you can our idiot coaches who put him out there in the first place.

What indication has he given that says he’ll be good?
He has the frame and athleticism/feet. He doesn’t have the strength or technique yet. I’m confident once he puts it all together, he be an asset. I guess we’ll see

Advertisement
He has the frame and athleticism/feet. He doesn’t have the strength or technique yet. I’m confident once he puts it all together, he be an asset. I guess we’ll see

I hope so man
But so far there’s been no sign of progression
I’m worried the dude will have ptsd

The OL has just took a hit from being poorly recruited and coached. They tried to hit the transfer portal by trying to get Kennedy, unfortunately they missed evaluated him which happens. If this OL had been recruited well guys like Zion would not have been starting and he would have redshirted. With that being said we have bodies and players and if a team like Duke can hold Alabama to one sack all game with the same 3 star type of players why can't UM do it. I also like how people try to compare Duke freshman tackle to Zion, which to me is stupid, you could arguably say that Duke freshman tackle came in physically ready to play being 300lbs, while Zion came in at 240 and is now 290, even though they are 10lbs apart there is no way in **** Zion is physically on the same level as the kid from Duke. If Butch Barry is any good he should have this line performing at an average level next season if not he is worthless. They should still look for a legit tackle and see if for next season.

I hope so man
But so far there’s been no sign of progression
I’m worried the dude will have ptsd
Lol when one of the coaches talked to me about him before Florida, he was literally blown away with Zion’s progression from high school through camp and up until uf. I don’t believe anyone that can grow that much over such a short period, has reached his full potential and won’t continue to get better. I have faith that by game one of next season, he’ll be a legitimate D-1 tackle. Again... I guess we’ll see. FWIW he absolutely looked better week 6 than he did week 1. Anyone that says differently doesn’t know squat about the position. Not a shot at you, just saying I understand everyone’s frustration, but the kid has improved.

Advertisement
Lol when one of the coaches talked to me about him before Florida, he was literally blown away with Zion’s progression from high school through camp and up until uf. I don’t believe anyone that can grow that much over such a short period, has reached his full potential and won’t continue to get better. I have faith that by game one of next season, he’ll be a legitimate D-1 tackle. Again... I guess we’ll see. FWIW he absolutely looked better week 6 than he did week 1. Anyone that says differently doesn’t know squat about the position. Not a shot at you, just saying I understand everyone’s frustration, but the kid has improved.

He has gotten better but he started Off with possibly the worst performance I have ever seen that his progress that he has made looks marginal at best

You are correct from a physical stand point he should improve with time but,

My concern is after being repeatedly beat
That mentally his confidence will be shot
I just hope this isn’t going to permanently destroy his mojo bc at times his body language just looks flat out defeated
Like a kid who’s been beat down too much by his bully

i think its too early to say hes trash. cant focus on stars when it comes to OL. that being said, not many teams start a true fresh at LT.

He has gotten better but he started Off with possibly the worst performance I have ever seen that his progress that he has made looks marginal at best

You are correct from a physical stand point he should improve with time but,

My concern is after being repeatedly beat
That mentally his confidence will be shot
I just hope this isn’t going to permanently destroy his mojo bc at times his body language just looks flat out defeated
Like a kid who’s been beat down too much by his bully
The kid is country strong mentally. I’m more concerned for the guy on the other side once he has developed his natural speed, strength and understanding of the position. Kids going to be a monster. My opinion... but he’s beginning to hold his own six in. He’s still learning to shave.

The kid is country strong mentally. I’m more concerned for the guy on the other side once he has developed his natural speed, strength and understanding of the position. Kids going to be a monster. My opinion... but he’s beginning to hold his own six in. He’s still learning to shave.

I hope you are right
It’s tough to have confidence in this guy at this point

Advertisement
The OL has just took a hit from being poorly recruited and coached. They tried to hit the transfer portal by trying to get Kennedy, unfortunately they missed evaluated him which happens. If this OL had been recruited well guys like Zion would not have been starting and he would have redshirted. With that being said we have bodies and players and if a team like Duke can hold Alabama to one sack all game with the same 3 star type of players why can't UM do it. I also like how people try to compare Duke freshman tackle to Zion, which to me is stupid, you could arguably say that Duke freshman tackle came in physically ready to play being 300lbs, while Zion came in at 240 and is now 290, even though they are 10lbs apart there is no way in **** Zion is physically on the same level as the kid from Duke. If Butch Barry is any good he should have this line performing at an average level next season if not he is worthless. They should still look for a legit tackle and see if for next season.

The difference is cutcliffe does more with less
Enos is doing well Penos things

Advertisement
This just reeks of Golden starting Kaaya over Williams so he could have a built in excuse. I just have a hard time believing our line has to be THIS BAD without anything changing other than starting another freshman in Jakai

...if a team like Duke can hold Alabama to one sack all game with the same 3 star type of players why can't UM do it...

I've been saying this FOREVER.

Miami needs to immediately undertake an "OL center of excellence" type program. If Iowa and the rest can produce outstanding OL student-athletes, why not Coral Gables?

I bet if someone in SoFL would start an OL academy (similar to Aussie Pro Kick), imagine the well trained and prepared athletes this region could send to D1P5 programs....imagine how our Canes could benefit.

Would take 3-5 years, but the time to start is NOW!

he isnt a legitimate community college tackle now, hard to imagine jumping to D1P5 average level by next season.

Advertisement
Back