OBSERVATION: Zion Nelson

The guy put on 70? pounds in under two years and put in effort to get better. How much more of a Cinderella story do you need than a lightly recruited three star who was played too early turning into a rock solid performer?

Did he get a bump to us? I remember him a 2 star

Advertisement
Sir you’re a gentleman and a scholar.

low key love your willingness to die on this hill hahaha.

is this the thread where we made our bet? If so I should be peacocking all over this ****
You have earned it!! *

xCFCSlzF0sURa.gif

*as did a worthy cause

Last edited:
Advertisement
Train
The kid is country strong mentally. I’m more concerned for the guy on the other side once he has developed his natural speed, strength and understanding of the position. Kids going to be a monster. My opinion... but he’s beginning to hold his own six in. He’s still learning to shave.
dam I’m feeling myself 😂😂 this football thing isn’t as complicated as some make it out to be. someone is in another thread telling me Don’s not elite and his skill set isn’t a determining factor in his on field Success. 😂 can’t wait until Don’s a Heisman finalist

Last edited:
Essentially his strength needs to catch up to his weight gain. He is a special talent that is not ready yet. By next year once he works on his strength, he will start to look like a really special players

Who would have guessed one of the best takes was from ToiletWater. Those of you who knocked Nelson should live with the shame of knowing you have been outshined by ToiletWater

He was terrible last year. I think everyone was in agreement that he had no business playing as a true freshman. He’s gotten stronger and more comfortable and has made the jump from horrible to decent. He’s not particularly great but he’s getting better and still has room to grow. He can be an All Conference type of player if he keeps working.
I don’t fault anyone for hating on him last year. He was bad. There was one porster, don’t remember who but he claimed to be a former O-lineman and that dude was railing Nelson constantly about how he’d NEVER be good and he should never play ever again. I don’t know but I’m going to be a little more patient with a tackle project who came in at 240 lbs and immediately got thrown to the wolves. That’s more on Richt and Searles for not having a single tackle worth a **** on the whole roster.

Advertisement
I never understood why the same people who know OL of all positions need at least 2 years of development, **** on Zion?!?! His position coach started him! Unless you're elite, there's no true freshman playing Tackle and excelling or let alone average. #blamethecoach.

"Hey coach, I know you want me to start this year but I'm scared of comp/challenge and don't think I'm ready. I'm going to sit this season out until I get up to speed. Cool?" - 2Star Zion

Got to give him his credit, I was One of his naysayers but he’s proven me wrong this year. Great to see hes developing

His development has left a lot of us feeling a lot more confident about the Oline moving forward. Hopefully Justice is the goods.

I thought the coaches put him in an awful position last yr, but also thought he didn’t deserve to be here & was taken out of desperation. Very impressed by his work ethic, and how he’s turned out. He’s not a finished product by any means, and hopefully he continues to trend up. Kudos to the kid.

Advertisement
Can never forgive Enos for not chipping a back on his side when he played UF as a true freshman, first game of the season. Dude had no help against future NFL talent. That had to affect his growth and confidence. Props to the young chap for still fighting.

Advertisement
he’s been good this year
He's been better than what he showed last year.

I suspect he would not start on the upper half of ACC OLs...

This is a disappointing comment that our Canes don't have other lineman of quality that would keep Zion on the bench.

This is a disappointing comment that our Canes don't have other lineman of quality that would keep Zion on the bench.
Zion is fine. The interior line is a mess.

He’s one of the best linemen in the ACC. He absolutely would.

Advertisement
Back