2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
From what I heard last year, there was a conscious effort to keep weight off and stay at safety.

Haven't heard anything about it this off season tho, so you may be right.
Was watching a canes youtube show a few weeks back and they said the staff approached James after spring about moving to LB and hemade it clear that was a conversation never to have again.

Was watching a canes youtube show a few weeks back and they said the staff approached James after spring about moving to LB and hemade it clear that was a conversation never to have again.
I was calling him a de since he was I'm the 9th grade and he would shut it down lol.

James is what he is...he's not even sudden enough in my opinion to play lb it would be a disservice.

Tyreek Hill went sub 10 seconds once but it was way over the legal wind limit his real PR is 10.19 , which is good but not special you see a group of collegiate sprinters in that range every year and below, if he did track full time and focused on that back when he was 18 who knows what he could have been but it's not fast enough I would say he definitely would have been world class
Track Speed vs FB Speed on Turf are two completely different animals....I've seen World Class Track guys look mundane (speed-wise) on the Gridiron....

Advertisement
Tyreek hill(I’m assuming autocorrect got you) is crazy unique cause not only is he blazing fast but he’s fast on the field. Cuts and routes and raw speed
100%

On the other hand I saw Marvin Bracy on the team. I remember FSU landing him but there didn’t seem to be a lot of hope that it would translate to the field

100%

On the other hand I saw Marvin Bracy on the team. I remember FSU landing him but there didn’t seem to be a lot of hope that it would translate to the field

I remember fsu had Kermit Whitfield and Bracy on the same team! Unfair.

I remember fsu had Kermit Whitfield and Bracy on the same team! Unfair.
Jimbo gets a lot of the spotlight now but he’s been a recruiting assassin for a long **** time

I remember the stories from our boards back in the day they would see Jimbo at more of our local games than the Miami coaches

Advertisement
Team player!

Track pays big if you win medals and break records. Just running at nationals won’t cut it. Similar to make a practice squad… you aren’t going to retire on it. Heck, the NFL isn’t paying big unless you are 1st round or produce enough for a good second contract.

Track will wear out the legs.

NFL will wear out everything.

He would have to drop from 10.2 to 9.8 to be elite at the 100m. .4 is a massive drop but he is also young.

I was calling him a de since he was I'm the 9th grade and he would shut it down lol.

James is what he is...he's not even sudden enough in my opinion to play lb it would be a disservice.
This is what I said a few times, dude is 6'5 probably already weighs more than Cyrus Moss, lol.. Someone needs to show him DE salaries.. He gonna try to thread a needle at this point.. Hope he balls out, this year will show us with no excuses of youth/inexperience.. Time to show out

Advertisement
The problem with track imo is the steep drop from world champion to irrelevant.
Unless you’re a track guy you probably know a few names of the top sprinters. And when I say a few I mean maybe 3 names.
You can go to anyone and ask who Usain bolt is and they’ll know his name.
But right now if you ask anyone who the reigning 100 and 200 meter world champions are your gonna get a bunch of silence and likely this response “usain bolt”.

I also feel that working your way into a day one pick brings that lottery money in a lot quicker.
Erion Knighton signed with adidas at 16. Idk how much he’s making but maybe by the time he’s 22 it’s gonna be a lot of money. But the first 2 rounds of the draft are a lottery for 64 players.

The problem with Harbor is what position will guarantee him to be that day one pick and does he want to play it.

Another question I have is what sport is stopping him from the potential at another one. In other words, is football slowing his potential as a sprinter or is track slowing his potential as a football player.
The way I see it is that football is a sport he can always decide to go back to. If in a year or 2 he says I’m done with track I’m sure there will be open doors to any football program he wants.
He can’t just walk away from track and then decide to work back into a world class sprinter in 2 years. He would lose a lot of development. I don’t think people realize how hard the training for a sprinter is and how much training it takes to drop 1 tenth of a second.

Maybe the track guys can weigh in since I’m talking about sht that I have very little knowledge of.

Advertisement
The problem with track imo is the steep drop from world champion to irrelevant.
Unless you’re a track guy you probably know a few names of the top sprinters. And when I say a few I mean maybe 3 names.
You can go to anyone and ask who Usain bolt is and they’ll know his name.
But right now if you ask anyone who the reigning 100 and 200 meter world champions are your gonna get a bunch of silence and likely this response “usain bolt”.

I also feel that working your way into a day one pick brings that lottery money in a lot quicker.
Erion Knighton signed with adidas at 16. Idk how much he’s making but maybe by the time he’s 22 it’s gonna be a lot of money. But the first 2 rounds of the draft are a lottery for 64 players.

The problem with Harbor is what position will guarantee him to be that day one pick and does he want to play it.

Another question I have is what sport is stopping him from the potential at another one. In other words, is football slowing his potential as a sprinter or is track slowing his potential as a football player.
The way I see it is that football is a sport he can always decide to go back to. If in a year or 2 he says I’m done with track I’m sure there will be open doors to any football program he wants.
He can’t just walk away from track and then decide to work back into a world class sprinter in 2 years. He would lose a lot of development. I don’t think people realize how hard the training for a sprinter is and how much training it takes to drop 1 tenth of a second.

Maybe the track guys can weigh in since I’m talking about sht that I have very little knowledge of.

Football isn’t something you can just come back to. That could change with the XFL and some of the other leagues. This kid would be missing a massive amount of reps if he skipped 3-4 years of college. Lucky for him, He can go to college and let the coaches know he isn’t playing in ‘23 while he tries to make Paris ‘24 so he would have a single redshirt year with no reps. If he doesn’t make the trials or national team, he still has football to fall back on.

Football isn’t something you can just come back to. That could change with the XFL and some of the other leagues. This kid would be missing a massive amount of reps if he skipped 3-4 years of college. Lucky for him, He can go to college and let the coaches know he isn’t playing in ‘23 while he tries to make Paris ‘24 so he would have a single redshirt year with no reps. If he doesn’t make the trials or national team, he still has football to fall back on.
Jimmy Graham and countless others walked off the court on to field and because of measurables were thought of as elite prospects who you throw a flyer at.. This kid has basically the ELITE traits that scouts drool over, he will be ok.. if he did that, no one is turning their back on him

Jimmy Graham and countless others walked off the court on to field and because of measurables were thought of as elite prospects who you throw a flyer at.. This kid has basically the ELITE traits that scouts drool over, he will be ok.. if he did that, no one is turning their back on him

The older they get, the less chances they will get to jump sports. He has 2, maybe 5 years to try to make the Olympics then his chances will start to dry up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back