• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Confidence1000

Confidence1000
Compared to the worlds elite, yes, he is too big. Thats an unquestionable fact.

I dont see James Williams being oversized for a S. He is 6'5, 225 lbs. Taylor was 212 lbs. If anything, I like Williams size as a S more, because he can cover big TEs, be a force vs the run and still play deep half when he has to.

But for track, compared to what the elite has in terms of size (I mentioned Bolt specifically due to the same height), yes, he is too heavy and would benefit from dropping weight.
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey Yoo! Hit the button

KrazyCane

SAVAGE

I dont see James Williams being oversized for a S. He is 6'5, 225 lbs. Taylor was 212 lbs. If anything, I like Williams size as a S more, because he can cover big TEs, be a force vs the run and still play deep half when he has to.

But for track, compared to what the elite has in terms of size (I mentioned Bolt specifically due to the same height), yes, he is too heavy and would benefit from dropping weight.

Taylor who??.. Sean Taylor was listed at 6’2 - 6’3 220+lbs in college… freak athlete.

Brooklyndee

We fuckin or wut
Premium

I only asked a question & you gave an answer. Sounds to me like it's two sides to the same coin. By the way James came in at 6'5. That's no longer his situation. & I'm not sure what Taylor has to do with this. If you mean Sean, I never get why so many people reference Sean's size when speaking on jw. Sean was 6'2 on a good day and his playing weight was in relation to plenty of safeties. James weight isn't his issue.

Bender

A Lederhosen wearing punk twit
Premium
I only asked a question & you gave an answer. Sounds to me like it's two sides to the same coin. By the way James came in at 6'5. That's no longer his situation. & I'm not sure what Taylor has to do with this. If you mean Sean, I never get why so many people reference Sean's size when speaking on jw. Sean was 6'2 on a good day and his playing weight was in relation to plenty of safeties. James weight isn't his issue.
James got taller? Oh boy

Derrick Griffin

Just a few credits left to qualify

With all due respect, he’s not. The hundred meter champion this year at the world championships was a guy by the name of Fred Kerley. Fred Kerley stands at 6 foot three roughly 210 pounds. Look at bolt. Not the weight, but the height. These guys are getting bigger and bigger and bigger. They are peak athletes. This kid is no different. Am I saying he’s going to get to their level? No, that’s super rare. What do I think this kids got a shot Hell yes.

Let's get the heated conversation going.

James is athletic enough to play safety in college. However, he is doing a disservice to himself in the long run.

Just watching his interview the other day, he looks frail thin. That body can easily put on 30 lbs. 6'5 255lbs. He would be a freak LB.

Just my opinion. . But he Has enough natural instinct and playmaker ability to stay at Safety in college. Prolly be similar to a Ray Ray Armstrong situation (i know James is better) but my point being, he will be moved in the NFL and probably outperform his college output.

And just to be clear, I am not calling for a position change in college.

Last edited:

bobbydigius

Senior
Premium

James is athletic enough to play safety in college. However, he is doing a disservice to himself in the long run.

Just watching his interview the other day, he looks frail thin. That body can easily put on 30 lbs. 6'5 255lbs. He would be a freak LB.

Just my opinion. . But he Has enough natural instinct and playmaker ability to stay at Safety in college. Prolly be similar to a Ray Ray Armstrong situation (i know James is better) but my point being, he will be moved in the NFL and probably outperform his college output.

In terms of Ray Ray, he couldn’t play safety cause he was too stiff. In terms of JW20, I expect Steele to get very creative with him, given his talent and our deficiencies at LB. I fully expect Steele to get the most out of the kid.

Warrior808

Recruit
James is talented enough to play safety in college and play it well. If the choices are stay in the secondary or transfer to somewhere that will let him do that then you keep him at safety.

That said, its pretty easy to see he is not maximizing his gifts. You always want to be the biggest, fastest, strongest version of yourself as long you can maintain the athleticism. Kid could be elite, not just good.

Return of the U

Freshman

Agree to an extent.

I think mid to upper 230's is probably his optimal weight range. Think he can get it done at the next level as a box safety/utility guy.

canes732

Crafty veteran
So... Question for you and anyone else. For y'all saying he's too damn big for track, what are y'all saying about jw at safety?
Different sport I’m not a huge track guy but are any of them 240 bc idk if he can keep his weight down enough to compete in the Olympics

Southbeach44

Sophomore
Premium
In terms of Ray Ray, he couldn’t play safety cause he was too stiff. In terms of JW20, I expect Steele to get very creative with him, given his talent and our deficiencies at LB. I fully expect Steele to get the most out of the kid.
Yep. Let that kid eat and grow. He will be a special player wherever he winds up. He could be the first 6'6" 245 lb safty that starts a trend in the NFL. Never know.