2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. One of the classic positionless athletic freaks that are a bit of a crap shoot. You take the kid and then figure out the rest later.
And it’s even more crucial to have a staff like we do now

Wanting to force a kid into a position of need that doesn’t fit his skills has killed us for years

Just because he’s 17 and a freak doesn’t mean you try and slap a ton of weight on him and make him a DE automatically (just using an example)

Advertisement
I don't see a DE. He's an exceptional, generational, talent with zero pass rush moves. I don't think he's going to beat a P5 OT with just his straight line speed. And, he's going to have to put on some size, to hold up against the run, which would be counter-productive to his track career.

Whatever position he decides on, he'll have to put in the time to learn the position, which he probably won't have cause he'll have to train for track every off-season.

Oweh before he became Odafe.

I don't see a DE. He's an exceptional, generational, talent with zero pass rush moves. I don't think he's going to beat a P5 OT with just his straight line speed. And, he's going to have to put on some size, to hold up against the run, which would be counter-productive to his track career.

Whatever position he decides on, he'll have to put in the time to learn the position, which he probably won't have cause he'll have to train for track every off-season.
Is this a long winded way of saying you'd pass?

I don't see a DE. He's an exceptional, generational, talent with zero pass rush moves.

A lot of raw athletes don't have great moves and technique at his age.

But to your point...Maybe a stand up rusher.

My call is DE and I'll think he'll be just fine, I agree he is a little raw. I wouldn't rule out TE or OLB...I think these 3 positions are more probable than WR with DE being most likely.

And it’s even more crucial to have a staff like we do now

Wanting to force a kid into a position of need that doesn’t fit his skills has killed us for years

Just because he’s 17 and a freak doesn’t mean you try and slap a ton of weight on him and make him a DE automatically (just using an example)
*** dorito and Goldie would’ve made him a DT.

Advertisement

I don't remember if Allen Bailey had pass rush moves when he was a freshman. I remember he was a physical freak of nature (like one of those whippets with the double muscle mutation) but don't think he had much technique.
fx1.jpg

I don't remember if Allen Bailey had pass rush moves when he was a freshman. I remember he was a physical freak of nature (like one of those whippets with the double muscle mutation) but don't think he had much technique.
fx1.jpg

fx1.jpg
We actually let him play some MLB his freshman year which is how we got him to sign and he quickly realized he wasn't a MLB..

Advertisement
You don’t play this kid at anything other than WR because at any other position he would have to gain weight. And that would absolutely ruin his chance to be legendary in track!!

You don’t play this kid at anything other than WR because at any other position he would have to gain weight. And that would absolutely ruin his chance to be legendary in track!!
Or Safety. Or TE...he could put on 10 pounds for football season, play at 235, & take it off for track if he needs to.

Advertisement
Or Safety. Or TE...he could put on 10 pounds for football season, play at 235, & take it off for track if he needs to.
Lol he ain’t no safety. TE, maybe. But he would not hold up in the run game at 235 and get back to 210 EVERY track season.

Was at South Carolina yesterday …🤮 hopefully he made it down here. One of my biggest wants in this class.

Attachments

• 86FA333A-E3BC-46C2-8312-647FCDD6B5DB.png
    86FA333A-E3BC-46C2-8312-647FCDD6B5DB.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
Advertisement
Sooo...

So I'm a Level 2 USATF coach and I'm at the AAU Jr. Olympics in Greensboro and just witnessed this dude run the 200m Semis in person...

This guy ran 20.94 and had another 4-5 tenths in the tank EASY. If you follow track, his running style is like a Joe Fanbulleh of UF fame...

In terms of football, this kid was made to play DE or TE with that frame. Frame is way too big for WR imo. He would be battling weight issues his whole career... But I'm no football scout 😎

All I do know- this guy's speed is legit and he does have some real decisions in front of him. Not sure if he is a track guy like Erriyon K. or not, but he is the goods in terms of track potential...

Sooo...

So I'm a Level 2 USATF coach and I'm at the AAU Jr. Olympics in Greensboro and just witnessed this dude run the 200m Semis in person...

This guy ran 20.94 and had another 4-5 tenths in the tank EASY. If you follow track, his running style is like a Joe Fanbulleh of UF fame...

In terms of football, this kid was made to play DE or TE with that frame. Frame is way too big for WR imo. He would be battling weight issues his whole career... But I'm no football scout 😎

All I do know- this guy's speed is legit and he does have some real decisions in front of him. Not sure if he is a track guy like Erriyon K. or not, but he is the goods in terms of track potential...
U-20 kid from Botswana ran 9.91 celebrating and the jamaican ran 10.02 for 2nd. Botswana kid then ran 19.98 in the 200m prelims. He has to choose track or football. He wont do both with the weight issues for each position.

Brian burns did and was a R1 guy and he never played run and shot up field every play. If u get Harbor on Campus and he commits to Edge I’m sure he will develop pass rush moves

Sooo...

So did you do anything to help the cause? Throw up the U, hand him a bag, anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back