2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I only asked a question & you gave an answer. Sounds to me like it's two sides to the same coin. By the way James came in at 6'5. That's no longer his situation. & I'm not sure what Taylor has to do with this. If you mean Sean, I never get why so many people reference Sean's size when speaking on jw. Sean was 6'2 on a good day and his playing weight was in relation to plenty of safeties. James weight isn't his issue.
James got taller? Oh boy

Advertisement
Compared to the worlds elite, yes, he is too big. Thats an unquestionable fact.

I dont see James Williams being oversized for a S. He is 6'5, 225 lbs. Taylor was 212 lbs. If anything, I like Williams size as a S more, because he can cover big TEs, be a force vs the run and still play deep half when he has to.

But for track, compared to what the elite has in terms of size (I mentioned Bolt specifically due to the same height), yes, he is too heavy and would benefit from dropping weight.
With all due respect, he’s not. The hundred meter champion this year at the world championships was a guy by the name of Fred Kerley. Fred Kerley stands at 6 foot three roughly 210 pounds. Look at bolt. Not the weight, but the height. These guys are getting bigger and bigger and bigger. They are peak athletes. This kid is no different. Am I saying he’s going to get to their level? No, that’s super rare. What do I think this kids got a shot **** yes.

Let's get the heated conversation going.

James is athletic enough to play safety in college. However, he is doing a disservice to himself in the long run.

Just watching his interview the other day, he looks frail thin. That body can easily put on 30 lbs. 6'5 255lbs. He would be a freak LB.

Just my opinion. . But he Has enough natural instinct and playmaker ability to stay at Safety in college. Prolly be similar to a Ray Ray Armstrong situation (i know James is better) but my point being, he will be moved in the NFL and probably outperform his college output.

And just to be clear, I am not calling for a position change in college.

Last edited:
James got taller? Oh boy
I stop getting taller (height wise before you paws MFs) in 10th grade.

MF’s out here still getting taller in College
Oh Man Reaction GIF by Bounce

Advertisement

James is athletic enough to play safety in college. However, he is doing a disservice to himself in the long run.

Just watching his interview the other day, he looks frail thin. That body can easily put on 30 lbs. 6'5 255lbs. He would be a freak LB.

Just my opinion. . But he Has enough natural instinct and playmaker ability to stay at Safety in college. Prolly be similar to a Ray Ray Armstrong situation (i know James is better) but my point being, he will be moved in the NFL and probably outperform his college output.

In terms of Ray Ray, he couldn’t play safety cause he was too stiff. In terms of JW20, I expect Steele to get very creative with him, given his talent and our deficiencies at LB. I fully expect Steele to get the most out of the kid.

James is talented enough to play safety in college and play it well. If the choices are stay in the secondary or transfer to somewhere that will let him do that then you keep him at safety.

That said, its pretty easy to see he is not maximizing his gifts. You always want to be the biggest, fastest, strongest version of yourself as long you can maintain the athleticism. Kid could be elite, not just good.

Agree to an extent.

I think mid to upper 230's is probably his optimal weight range. Think he can get it done at the next level as a box safety/utility guy.

Advertisement
So... Question for you and anyone else. For y'all saying he's too **** big for track, what are y'all saying about jw at safety?
Different sport I’m not a huge track guy but are any of them 240 bc idk if he can keep his weight down enough to compete in the Olympics

In terms of Ray Ray, he couldn’t play safety cause he was too stiff. In terms of JW20, I expect Steele to get very creative with him, given his talent and our deficiencies at LB. I fully expect Steele to get the most out of the kid.
Yep. Let that kid eat and grow. He will be a special player wherever he winds up. He could be the first 6'6" 245 lb safty that starts a trend in the NFL. Never know.

With all due respect, he’s not. The hundred meter champion this year at the world championships was a guy by the name of Fred Kerley. Fred Kerley stands at 6 foot three roughly 210 pounds. Look at bolt. Not the weight, but the height. These guys are getting bigger and bigger and bigger. They are peak athletes. This kid is no different. Am I saying he’s going to get to their level? No, that’s super rare. What do I think this kids got a shot **** yes.
The 200m champs are not getting bigger. The 100 m was decided by 0.05 seconds between someone weighing 203 lbs and someone barely weighing 172. Bolt was nowhere near 220, I posted the figures above. And Usain Bolt is the craziest freak in sprinting that has ever existed and will probably exist for some time down the road. An average to below-average starter running close to what humans theoretically can achieve.

Harbor can't compete at the top level at 235 lbs in track, regardless of 100 m or 200 m. Getting bigger does not equal getting faster. It just means athletes nowadays can move far better at high amounts of weight due to better mobility training, but it doesn't mean a 230 lbs man can compete at a professional level with sprinters who are diced to the absolute minimum amount of weight they can carry.

Advertisement
Hey the kid can dream but he’s just too **** big for track haha

As a HS JR and at 230 pounds, his 200m time is ALREADY top 20 in the nation of fastest collegiate times this year. He's a freak. Is 230 his optimal weight for track? Of course not but he's plenty fast for track at his size. My guess is that he'd like to be at 225-230 for football season and then cut down to 210-215 for track season. Not sure how sustainable that is, though.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back