• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

786 Cane

Redshirt Freshman
He's an incredible athlete, but the fact that he's not all-in on football drops him way down on my list of guys we should be prioritizing
Too much talent nit to take a chance. Kid has tremendous upside.

58straight

Junior
Tyreek hill(I’m assuming autocorrect got you) is crazy unique cause not only is he blazing fast but he’s fast on the field. Cuts and routes and raw speed
Tyreek Hill went sub 10 seconds once but it was way over the legal wind limit his real PR is 10.19 , which is good but not special you see a group of collegiate sprinters in that range every year and below, if he did track full time and focused on that back when he was 18 who knows what he could have been but it's not fast enough I would say he definitely would have been world class

Odin

Junior
From what I heard last year, there was a conscious effort to keep weight off and stay at safety.

Haven't heard anything about it this off season tho, so you may be right.
Was watching a canes youtube show a few weeks back and they said the staff approached James after spring about moving to LB and hemade it clear that was a conversation never to have again.

gogeta4

All-ACC
Was watching a canes youtube show a few weeks back and they said the staff approached James after spring about moving to LB and hemade it clear that was a conversation never to have again.
I was calling him a de since he was I'm the 9th grade and he would shut it down lol.

James is what he is...he's not even sudden enough in my opinion to play lb it would be a disservice.

SWFLHurricane

Recruit
Tyreek Hill went sub 10 seconds once but it was way over the legal wind limit his real PR is 10.19 , which is good but not special you see a group of collegiate sprinters in that range every year and below, if he did track full time and focused on that back when he was 18 who knows what he could have been but it's not fast enough I would say he definitely would have been world class
Track Speed vs FB Speed on Turf are two completely different animals....I've seen World Class Track guys look mundane (speed-wise) on the Gridiron....

JHallCanes

Hold the Mayo
Premium
Tyreek hill(I’m assuming autocorrect got you) is crazy unique cause not only is he blazing fast but he’s fast on the field. Cuts and routes and raw speed
100%

On the other hand I saw Marvin Bracy on the team. I remember FSU landing him but there didn’t seem to be a lot of hope that it would translate to the field

90scane

Sophomore
Track pays big if you win medals and break records. Just running at nationals won’t cut it. Similar to make a practice squad… you aren’t going to retire on it. Heck, the NFL isn’t paying big unless you are 1st round or produce enough for a good second contract.

Track will wear out the legs.

NFL will wear out everything.

He would have to drop from 10.2 to 9.8 to be elite at the 100m. .4 is a massive drop but he is also young.

skyman

Senior
I was calling him a de since he was I'm the 9th grade and he would shut it down lol.

James is what he is...he's not even sudden enough in my opinion to play lb it would be a disservice.
This is what I said a few times, dude is 6'5 probably already weighs more than Cyrus Moss, lol.. Someone needs to show him DE salaries.. He gonna try to thread a needle at this point.. Hope he balls out, this year will show us with no excuses of youth/inexperience.. Time to show out