2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The older they get, the less chances they will get to jump sports. He has 2, maybe 5 years to try to make the Olympics then his chances will start to dry up.
He could try to run track first and come back to football because you tell anyone in a decision position they will take a 6'5 athlete that can run 10.2 speed at any age under 25 and give him a chance..

I know we are football fans here primarily but its the kids life, let him do him.. I hope he does it here.. Kid is a super talent

Advertisement
He’s gonna be missing out on A LOT of money if he decides to turn pro in track.

Playing Football, he can make life changing NIL money in college & given his freakish athletic ability would make generation changing money in the NFL as a Pass rusher.

Playing Football, he can make life changing NIL money in college & given his freakish athletic ability would make generation changing money in the NFL as a Pass rusher.
Agreed 100%. But from interviews posted, he has said he WANTS TO RUN TRACK. Im sure many have told him this exact thing but he wants to do his own thing, he will learn one way or another. Im type you try to inform these kids as much as possible but they gonna make they own decision..

Dude is enough of freak once generation athlete where he can try to pull it off or atleast make an attempt. Thats his dream and what he wants 🤷‍♀️

Agreed 100%. But from interviews posted, he has said he WANTS TO RUN TRACK. Im sure many have told him this exact thing but he wants to do his own thing, he will learn one way or another. Im type you try to inform these kids as much as possible but they gonna make they own decision..

Dude is enough of freak once generation athlete where he can try to pull it off or atleast make an attempt. Thats his dream and what he wants 🤷‍♀️
He is not hurting for money his family is successful. I wouldn't be surprised if he was more interested in being a doctor or something less physical.

Facts!!
He can still be a 2 sport college athlete and kill it on nil alone. If he becomes a defensive end or olb he’s gonna be a **** problem out there.
Him getting coached by JT is a **** ticket to stardom.

Advertisement
The problem with track imo is the steep drop from world champion to irrelevant.
Unless you’re a track guy you probably know a few names of the top sprinters. And when I say a few I mean maybe 3 names.
You can go to anyone and ask who Usain bolt is and they’ll know his name.
But right now if you ask anyone who the reigning 100 and 200 meter world champions are your gonna get a bunch of silence and likely this response “usain bolt”.

I also feel that working your way into a day one pick brings that lottery money in a lot quicker.
Erion Knighton signed with adidas at 16. Idk how much he’s making but maybe by the time he’s 22 it’s gonna be a lot of money. But the first 2 rounds of the draft are a lottery for 64 players.

The problem with Harbor is what position will guarantee him to be that day one pick and does he want to play it.

Another question I have is what sport is stopping him from the potential at another one. In other words, is football slowing his potential as a sprinter or is track slowing his potential as a football player.
The way I see it is that football is a sport he can always decide to go back to. If in a year or 2 he says I’m done with track I’m sure there will be open doors to any football program he wants.
He can’t just walk away from track and then decide to work back into a world class sprinter in 2 years. He would lose a lot of development. I don’t think people realize how hard the training for a sprinter is and how much training it takes to drop 1 tenth of a second.

Maybe the track guys can weigh in since I’m talking about sht that I have very little knowledge of.

I was reading some info on track guys, & yes, they “can” make a nice living, but it pales in comparison to top guys in the 4 major sports. As an example, Usain Bolt is the most dominant track star in the game, yet he’s only worth $90m. From the age of 17 to 35, he’s accumulated a net worth of $90m.

Meanwhile, this is what top WRs r making in a shorter window, & this doesn’t include all the endorsement $$ they are getting:

I was reading some info on track guys, & yes, they “can” make a nice living, but it pales in comparison to top guys in the 4 major sports. As an example, Usain Bolt is the most dominant track star in the game, yet he’s only worth $90m. From the age of 17 to 35, he’s accumulated a net worth of $90m.

Meanwhile, this is what top WRs r making in a shorter window, & this doesn’t include all the endorsement $$ they are getting:

Yea nfl players on average make more. I get what you’re saying. However, net worth isn’t the same as earnings. Very few active nfl players are worth $90 mil. The majority who have that type of worth are retired and it’s still a hand full. Very few nfl players are worth as much as Bolts. I doubt any receivers or D-ends in the nfl are worth $90 mil. It’s believed that Bolt earns $20 mil annually and he is retired. In 2021 only 4 receivers earned that much. 2022 there will be more with the new contracts though. That being said, Usain Bolts is the best, what are the net worths of the guys after him? And how much they earn?

I know Harbor is looking at being the best so he does have his eyes set on Usain’s earnings but everything will come down to his time. 10.21 is great for an 11th grader. Let’s see what he does as a senior. He’ll make a decision. I’m sure he is aware of his potential earnings in both sports.

He is not hurting for money his family is successful. I wouldn't be surprised if he was more interested in being a doctor or something less physical.
His family is well off, so I definitely see him heading towards track. Carroll isn't known for football at all. He's could be at St.Frances, Good counsel, Dematha, Gonzaga, St. John's, Wise HS, yet this guy decides to play for Carroll lol

I would be surprised if he stays with football.

Advertisement
Harbor only has a few schools out there that will allow him to be a full time track guy and full time football athlete. There’s a reason why a school like Bama isn’t on his list. Saban not having that ****. UGA either. He’s only going to a school that won’t ever let him choose. Basically he won’t participate in anything football related during track season..ever. That’s a tough deal to sign up for. Football is a year round grind.

What happens if his development is lacking in football because he’s giving half his time to track? Do you have to confront him as HC after you promised him he could do both when you recruited him? This kid sounds like he could be a headache to deal with imo.

Harbor only has a few schools out there that will allow him to be a full time track guy and full time football athlete. There’s a reason why a school like Bama isn’t on his list. Saban not having that ****. UGA either. He’s only going to a school that won’t ever let him choose. Basically he won’t participate in anything football related during track season..ever. That’s a tough deal to sign up for. Football is a year round grind.

What happens if his development is lacking in football because he’s giving half his time to track? Do you have to confront him as HC after you promised him he could do both when you recruited him? This kid sounds like he could be a headache to deal with imo.
You are right, it does sound like a headache for a head football coach, but **** this kid is a complete freak.

We know the kid is an elite track guy, but where do we stand with his recruitment? Some kids, even if not 100% dedicated to football, are a great benefit to a football team so warrant recruiting him hard and making concessions. **** he may run the RB or QB down from behind and prevent a critical 1st down. We can use this kid!

Yea nfl players on average make more. I get what you’re saying. However, net worth isn’t the same as earnings. Very few active nfl players are worth $90 mil. The majority who have that type of worth are retired and it’s still a hand full. Very few nfl players are worth as much as Bolts. I doubt any receivers or D-ends in the nfl are worth $90 mil. It’s believed that Bolt earns $20 mil annually and he is retired. In 2021 only 4 receivers earned that much. 2022 there will be more with the new contracts though. That being said, Usain Bolts is the best, what are the net worths of the guys after him? And how much they earn?

I know Harbor is looking at being the best so he does have his eyes set on Usain’s earnings but everything will come down to his time. 10.21 is great for an 11th grader. Let’s see what he does as a senior. He’ll make a decision. I’m sure he is aware of his potential earnings in both sports.
Your comparing the GOAT in one sport to another sport and a certain position group….

Do apples to apples and compare his salary to other goats like Pat Mahommes or Tom Brady…

Advertisement
He can make a good amount of money through endorsements just by trying to do it. Even if he’s not successful

With NIL, can you go pro in something else and then come back to college? You could do that with baseball, but that was the only exception I know of. Now the line is even more gray.

Right, & that’s the reason why I used the term “can” earn, & then used The GOAT as an example. Bolt is the pentacle of a track star, so how many more r going to make that much? Bolt was box office, & we hadn’t seen box office prior to him since Michael Johnson & Carl Lewis. Those guys don’t come close to his net worth, & I’m not sure we see box office again for a while.

Regarding NFL players, I think the times have changed. Jerry Rice has a net worth of $50m, but played in an era where getting a 3 yr/25m contract was considered big $$. Now these guys r getting 9 figure deals, where 8 figures r fully guaranteed. For God sake, even Christian Kirk got broke up dumb $$. Lol.

T&F can definitely get u paid, but that pay is contingent on how marketable u r. It’s a tough decision b/c there’s pros & cons in either route of life, honestly.

Advertisement
Your comparing the GOAT in one sport to another sport and a certain position group….

Do apples to apples and compare his salary to other goats like Pat Mahommes or Tom Brady…
I only did that because the poster stated Bolt’s net worth then stated receivers make more money than that now. I was just showing that earnings does not equal net worth. Brady net worth is $400 mil but Mahomes signed a huge deal and his net worth is only $40 mil. That was my point. Net worth does not equal earnings.

I only did that because the poster stated Bolt’s net worth then stated receivers make more money than that now. I was just showing that earnings does not equal net worth. Brady net worth is $400 mil but Mahomes signed a huge deal and his net worth is only $40 mil. That was my point. Net worth does not equal earnings.
**** is wild when "only" can be used next to 40 ******* big ones.. sheeeeesh lol wut

Right, & that’s the reason why I used the term “can” earn, & then used The GOAT as an example. Bolt is the pentacle of a track star, so how many more r going to make that much? Bolt was box office, & we hadn’t seen box office prior to him since Michael Johnson & Carl Lewis. Those guys don’t come close to his net worth, & I’m not sure we see box office again for a while.

Regarding NFL players, I think the times have changed. Jerry Rice has a net worth of $50m, but played in an era where getting a 3 yr/25m contract was considered big $$. Now these guys r getting 9 figure deals, where 8 figures r fully guaranteed. For God sake, even Christian Kirk got broke up dumb $$. Lol.

T&F can definitely get u paid, but that pay is contingent on how marketable u r. It’s a tough decision b/c there’s pros & cons in either route of life, honestly.

Yea it depends how marketable you are and if you break records like Bolt. Bolt was shattering multiple records when he came on the scene and did it with ease. We didn’t see that dominance since a prime Carl Lewis and that was nearly 20 years later from the Seoul Olympics. If Harbor ever breaks records like Bolt he’ll be marketable too. Especially in the US for track. But that’s a big if. That’s not just winning that’s dominating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back