NSD Surprises across the country

Advertisement
Advertisement
NSD 10 years ago was savage with the flips.

hogan.gif

So what's your point? We should just give up and say **** recruiting, we won't win anyway?
Yep, sounds like we should cancel the bowl game, stop recruiting blue chips and maybe fold the program. Maybe we can try and hire away Saban, Dabo or Urban Meyer. *sarcasm*

I swear, It’s like some “fans” on here want us to fail. Everyone is clearly ****ed off about the loss last week but some of them just want this place to burn to the ground.

We have signed a fantastic recruiting class, which may be even better after 6:30pm. If you can't see or appreciate that fact then there is nothing we can tell you.

some ppl just don’t want to be happy man.

we’ve signed the #1 DT in the nation, the #1 safety in the nation.

the #1 RB in all of south Florida

All the top WRs in South Florida.

yes we could use some CB love....but this class is elite.

Did you watch the game Saturday? There is no recruiting class that can fix what happened against UNC. Our fans have become more and more oblivious it’s amazing.
What I have, which you either do not, or do not right now because of your anger over the debacle that was last Saturday (which caused anger all around, not just to you), is the ability to compartmentalize information. For example:

A. Saturday night I was very upset with how UM played and the poor quality of the coaching. I am still upset about how UM played as is every single person on this Board, not just you.
B. Today I am thrilled with the quality of recruits signed by UM.
C. I am able to separate my emotions for line item A from line item B because line item A did not impact line item B.
D. Hypothetically speaking, had we won on Saturday and signed a poor class today, I would not have been happy with the class because we won Saturday. The emotional reaction is disconnected because line item A and line item B are disconnected.

E. I can't explain this any clearer than I have and must discontinue this conversation because it has taken more of my time than it should.

Advertisement
What I have, which you either do not, or do not right now because of your anger over the debacle that was last Saturday (which caused anger all around, not just to you), is the ability to compartmentalize information. For example:

A. Saturday night I was very upset with how UM played and the poor quality of the coaching. I am still upset about how UM played as is every single person on this Board, not just you.
C. I am able to separate my emotions for line item A from line item B because line item A did not impact line item B.
D. Hypothetically speaking, had we won on Saturday and signed a poor class today, I would not have been happy with the class because we won Saturday. The emotional reaction is disconnected because line item A and line item B are disconnected.

E. I can't explain this any clearer than I have and must discontinue this conversation because it has taken more of my time than it should.

Lmaooo I have been ****ed for almost 20 years you think the UNC game made me upset?

I more ****ed at the oblivious fans like yourself who still support this **** show thinking it’s going to be turned around with a good recruit class. You people actually think that.

Feel all warm and fuzzy right now because Saban is going to take your little piece of happiness and **** it out on September 5th.

We don't suck, we're just not an elite or close to elite team. I do have to give credit to the staff in terms of recruiting though, they have a good class of 20 locked in and looks like they'll be adding a blue chip QB later today. I don't see 1 commit who isn't Miami caliber.
You guys say that every year even during the Larry Hope, Junior Alexis etc days

We don't suck, we're just not an elite or close to elite team. I do have to give credit to the staff in terms of recruiting though, they have a good class of 20 locked in and looks like they'll be adding a blue chip QB later today. I don't see 1 commit who isn't Miami caliber.
Good point. Now it’s about developing talent. You trust this staff?

Advertisement

I get what ur saying, but at some point, you're going to have to take these two compartmentalized pieces of information and combine them. And it's legitimate to be concerned about whether this talent is going to be wasted on this coaching staff. Manny can only hide behind firing assistant coaches & coordinators for so long.

Good point. Now it’s about developing talent. You trust this staff?

Offensively, yes. Lashlee and Likens are proven guys. No reason not to trust Field. Justice, we'll see although the OL would probably take the longest time to get right.

Defensively, outside of Stroud, I don't. Get Rumph and Baker out of here. Patke has done a good job with Frierson who's had a **** of a year (outside of UNC) but he's still TBD. Banda is up and down but has really elevated his recruiting game.

Is Manny the guy? Maybe, we'll see. The one thing that he's shown is the willingness to adapt and make changes. He is at a crossroads as the cracks in this defense were obvious all year and the only teams with talent to take advantage of it really shoved it up our asses. What Manny does with the defensive staff will be very telling.

The whole premise was me saying we don't suck. We're 8-2 with some pretty big flaws both on the field and off the field which outside of Bama, Ohio State, and Clemson is every other team in the country. Compared to past great UM teams do we suck? **** yeah.

Really? That never really worked out well for us..
For us NSD is usually not a good day. But I still like the buildup and excitement and the pleasant surprises that go our way, even if they are rare.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back