Now what ?

Cribby, did you ever read the ESPN story of Saban told by past players and coaches? One of them was from Greg McElroy who said after they won his first national title at the 2010 Rose Bowl vs Texas his victory speech was basically:

"Seniors... thank you for all you have done. Im so happy you can leave this way. Now... for you guys coming back. That fourth quarter was NOT acceptable, we dont play football like that here -- and come spring ball we will fix all that."

And he walked out. That was his victory speech.

Yeah, he might be a miserable mopey guy -- but that's the type of guy I want leading my program. My biggest problem with Coker was that he was the polar opposite of this
Or Kiffin’s story: they’d just won a NC the day or two before, still high from the win and accomplishment. Saban walked into the coaches offices and *****ed and yelled ‘why aren’t you all out recruting?”.

During their NC win over ND he threw a fit when an OL moved early on 3rd-and-short, up 42-14 with 3:00 or less to go. Literally threw fit, yelled, I think he tossed his headset.

He‘s an ***. I respect his success but wouldn‘t want to hear the same about JJ.

Advertisement
It's a good question and a mystery to me. But you can't deny that the guy can recruit (both high school and the portal). Just look at last year's recruiting class. When was the last time we landed 2 5-star prospects in one class?
Like I said, the U brand can still recruit with the tri county kids but even that’s fading with ever year of irrelevant. Diaz is not a good recruiter and he hasn’t been his whole pretend coaching career. Banda carried his *** and it’s not like banda is some top notch all world recruiter on Sabans level or anything.

Outside of the game yesterday the rest of the games we won't have any issues. In recruiting if the player can't help you beat Ohio State, Clemson or Alabama we need to not take the commitment.
Don’t forget Georgia. They are loaded and I picked them preseason to win it all. They look like Bama with a better defense

I try not too over exaggerate with this stuff but I think both Tvd and Garcia can be good. I do think Garcia has potential to be a program changer type. People forget Clemson was recruiting in the top 10-16 range then got a once a decade qb, then won a natty. Once that happens things can change instantly. Landing one program changer at that position can instantly turn a program.
To me it's Jake or bust right now Jake got heart.. tvd is average I'm sorry lashlee ain't really it either so we need a well coached quarterback out of high school to survive this offense.

Advertisement
The insanity is not that Miami isn’t in a spot to beat Alabama. The insanity is to keep screaming we lost to FIU 20 months ago, and then expecting us to beat Alabama now….

Wait until FSU wins tonight, this board will be even more emotionally outstanding…

I agree with ur post big dawg & we all hurting today. But I’ll never root for the other team to smash us. Not even when Golden was coaching
I feel you on that homie. I wasn’t necessarily rooting for them to smash us but I certainly didn’t care that they were. Why should I? Coaches don’t care enough to actually help us win why should I care?

The insanity is not that Miami isn’t in a spot to beat Alabama. The insanity is to keep screaming we lost to FIU 20 months ago, and then expecting us to beat Alabama now….

Wait until FSU wins tonight, this board will be even more emotionally outstanding…
Agree I was saying the same thing once fsu wins tonight our board is gonna go insane lmao 🥶🥶😁😁talk about that for a second our coaching staff is fcs excluding Trob

****, you just check mated everyone on this board like prime Bobby Fischer

Advertisement
Advertisement

No one expected them to actually beat Alabama

It's not that big of an ask to look competent and prepared though, which they didn't. They looked lost and scared, just like they have the past three years. How people don't understand this is amazing.

Advertisement
How about put your money where your mouth is if you want that next level program and next level players toss your money in the pot like those SEC teams do in the bag game, NIL is legal now so let's go help this staff get the best players so we don't have to put the same seniors in the game after that get beat for touchdowns

Cribby, did you ever read the ESPN story of Saban told by past players and coaches? One of them was from Greg McElroy who said after they won his first national title at the 2010 Rose Bowl vs Texas his victory speech was basically:

"Seniors... thank you for all you have done. Im so happy you can leave this way. Now... for you guys coming back. That fourth quarter was NOT acceptable, we dont play football like that here -- and come spring ball we will fix all that."

And he walked out. That was his victory speech.

Yeah, he might be a miserable mopey guy -- but that's the type of guy I want leading my program. My biggest problem with Coker was that he was the polar opposite of this
He didn’t make any of those speeches at MSU.

Advertisement
Back