Now what ?

Advertisement
Coming into this game I said ten wins is what I expected , leaving the game nothing has changed. We went up in weight class and got smacked back down to where we came from. Weā€˜re a light heavy weight that skipped cruiser weight . heavy weight and jumped to super heavyweight , then received the realistic result, knocked out with ease.

We faced a machine that has far better talent , coaching and culture. Itā€™s a professional ran college program thats playing on a different level than anyone else. From the amount of money they spend in their program on down. That being said hereā€™s what I saw.

Miami once again came out overwhelmed in a big moment , the staff and players couldn't handle the pressure of all the bright lights.

The tackling continues to be atrocious, just like last year we look lost in space.

We were very aggressive and brought 5, 6 and even seven guys but the blitzes are slow developing , obvious to everyone in the building because of zero disguise. Their qb was eating the pressures alive. They knew all the answers in pre snap.

Even though we ran more man we still didnā€™t allow our cbā€™s to use their hands like the talk had been, there was plenty of free release which will always put guys like Ivey at a disadvantage. Ts and Couch are easily the best cbā€™s.

Our front seven looked like a pac 12 defense versus Bama. We wonā€™t be a big boy program until we get difference makers in the trenches.

Play calling on offense was atrocious early , another game where Lashlee came up small and coached scared. The slow developing runs leave me scratching my head, at this point heā€™s pretty good. Nothing more.

Going into this season I said the ol and deā€™s were my concern, well going forward I think the ol will be ok. Theyā€™re definitely better than last year. After Oluwaseun entered the game it was night and day difference, we had lanes and made pretty good pockets from the second quarter on. As for as Scaife goes , itā€™s over. Heā€™s a backup and nothing more. As a whole the ol held up better than it did against some acc schools last year. I take that as one of the few positives.

I posted in spring Don was special, heā€™d ran away with the gig then he got hurt. He showed yesterday heā€™s a difference maker , heā€™s explosive and runs violent. Cam is what he is , a rotational guy, not a horse. I want to see more of Don ( we will), Rooster ( after suspension ) and eventually Brown. Cam has no lateral movement and goes down way too easy.

Wrā€™s were another positive , when given a chance they made plays , they were constantly running free in the secondary and we just couldnā€™t make them pay. Either the pocket broke down or king left early.

I love king but heā€™s limited as a passer. He still continues to cause some sacks scrambling , even if thereā€™s a good pocket around him. He still has some of the same issues as last year.

Mallory still canā€™t block.

As for manny , weā€™re going into year three and thatā€™s when I start coming to my full decision. What I know so far ? We show up flat most weeks, we donā€™t seem to be developing our recruits ,only the transfers seem to improve . We lack fundamentals and look like a badly coached team without discipline. At this point thereā€™s no arguing this.

As I said earlier I still expect a positive season and this is a good team. Thereā€™s nobody weā€™ll face in the same stratosphere as Bama going forward , even Clemson. I saw enough of the o to think itā€™ll score a lot of points most weeks but will have issues against teams with better talent. So minus Clemson weā€™ll have the advantage on saturdays. If we canā€™t hit ten wins with this schedule there better be no extensions . Thatā€™ll make next year do or die.

The next few weeks will shed a good light on where manny and the program is headed , if we show up flat and uninspired like previous years after a loss then itā€™s safe to say weā€™re not improving , itā€™s just more of the same. If itā€™s the opposite then maybe things are going in the positive direction.

I try to be level headed and not too emotional on this stuff , thatā€™s why Iā€™m not taking too much from a game that nobody expected us to win, we were a 3 td dog. But Iā€™m still not happy with things that continue to show up on Saturdays , issues we canā€™t seem to fix.

Now Iā€™ll let everyone get back to losing their minds and talking Mannys replacement.
don't agree with Mallory can't block.

peep the last play of the video great block by Mallory on this play..

I know one thing. When they do put LT in the game he will never come out again unless itā€™s for rest or they keep up with that seniority ****!

Funny you say list these things, because this is the same exact list of things weā€™ve been waiting for Manny to fix for the last 3 ******* years! So when you say itā€™s all easily fixable, remember the DOLT we have coaching our team. Smh
Yeah, this is the thing. Weā€™ve known what we were up against and we showed up with a run run pass game plan on O and guys playing way off the line at CB. Everything is easily identifiable and potentially fixable with a willing leader but we donā€™t have that leader. No way around it. No one in their right mind could think that the game plan was sound or logical. We did the same bad shĆ®t weā€™ve done with repeated failures. I didnā€™t expect to win but I expected to see a sound game plan. Without name calling, what we witnessed is the coaching equivalence of malpractice.

Advertisement
Remember Dabo jumping off in the olā€™s *** when we played them? We were down like 3-4 tdā€™s. Manny tried to do that to Hill a couple years ago and dude straight ghosted him. Lol.
Someone on social media posted a pic saying that for several minutes, no one coaches the players. Everyone was left on the bench. I dont get it. Games not over.

Champions constantly push the envelope off winning preparations constantly exploring raising there level separating themselves from the AVERAGE show up play and go home teams.

To catch up takes such a commitment that AVERAGE teams go WHAT I/ WE HAVE TO GIVE UP EVERYTHING I LOVE TO WIN šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³.

Like the rich man when he asked what can I do to get to Heaven ā€œ give everything up and follow me ā€œ

The rich man turned and walked away.

Iā€™m just giving an example of how hard it will be to get to be CHAMPIONS again.

Champions have been doing this for years to catch up is a DAUNTING task to attempt.

Thatā€™s why when teams achieve RINGS they cry uncontrollably overwhelmed by the achievement and they path less traveled they took.

WELL HERE WE ARE , ASKING ā€œ WHY AND HOWā€.

We all know what to go but drinking from the cup if champions is NOT EASY AS PLAYING XBOX instead of dragging a stack of truck tire around a dirt field for hours WINNING.

Anyway this is the example of what winners do alone beating there man before he even sees him.

ITā€™S A CHOICE

don't agree with Mallory can't block.

peep the last play of the video great block by Mallory on this play..

Well congrats on finding the one lol. Seriously though he had some bad moments , heā€™s never going to be a good in-line te. Which is fine in todayā€™s football.

Last edited:
Coming into this game I said ten wins is what I expected , leaving the game nothing has changed. We went up in weight class and got smacked back down to where we came from. Weā€˜re a light heavy weight that skipped cruiser weight . heavy weight and jumped to super heavyweight , then received the realistic result, knocked out with ease.

We faced a machine that has far better talent , coaching and culture. Itā€™s a professional ran college program thats playing on a different level than anyone else. From the amount of money they spend in their program on down. That being said hereā€™s what I saw.

Miami once again came out overwhelmed in a big moment , the staff and players couldn't handle the pressure of all the bright lights.

The tackling continues to be atrocious, just like last year we look lost in space.

We were very aggressive and brought 5, 6 and even seven guys but the blitzes are slow developing , obvious to everyone in the building because of zero disguise. Their qb was eating the pressures alive. They knew all the answers in pre snap.

Even though we ran more man we still didnā€™t allow our cbā€™s to use their hands like the talk had been, there was plenty of free release which will always put guys like Ivey at a disadvantage. Ts and Couch are easily the best cbā€™s.

Our front seven looked like a pac 12 defense versus Bama. We wonā€™t be a big boy program until we get difference makers in the trenches.

Play calling on offense was atrocious early , another game where Lashlee came up small and coached scared. The slow developing runs leave me scratching my head, at this point heā€™s pretty good. Nothing more.

Going into this season I said the ol and deā€™s were my concern, well going forward I think the ol will be ok. Theyā€™re definitely better than last year. After Oluwaseun entered the game it was night and day difference, we had lanes and made pretty good pockets from the second quarter on. As for as Scaife goes , itā€™s over. Heā€™s a backup and nothing more. As a whole the ol held up better than it did against some acc schools last year. I take that as one of the few positives.

I posted in spring Don was special, heā€™d ran away with the gig then he got hurt. He showed yesterday heā€™s a difference maker , heā€™s explosive and runs violent. Cam is what he is , a rotational guy, not a horse. I want to see more of Don ( we will), Rooster ( after suspension ) and eventually Brown. Cam has no lateral movement and goes down way too easy.

Wrā€™s were another positive , when given a chance they made plays , they were constantly running free in the secondary and we just couldnā€™t make them pay. Either the pocket broke down or king left early.

I love king but heā€™s limited as a passer. He still continues to cause some sacks scrambling , even if thereā€™s a good pocket around him. He still has some of the same issues as last year.

As for manny , weā€™re going into year three and thatā€™s when I start coming to my full decision. What I know so far ? We show up flat most weeks, we donā€™t seem to be developing our recruits ,only the transfers seem to improve . We lack fundamentals and look like a badly coached team without discipline. At this point thereā€™s no arguing this.

As I said earlier I still expect a positive season and this is a good team. Thereā€™s nobody weā€™ll face in the same stratosphere as Bama going forward , even Clemson. I saw enough of the o to think itā€™ll score a lot of points most weeks but will have issues against teams with better talent. So minus Clemson weā€™ll have the advantage on saturdays. If we canā€™t hit ten wins with this schedule there better be no extensions . Thatā€™ll make next year do or die.

The next few weeks will shed a good light on where manny and the program is headed , if we show up flat and uninspired like previous years after a loss then itā€™s safe to say weā€™re not improving , itā€™s just more of the same. If itā€™s the opposite then maybe things are going in the positive direction.

I try to be level headed and not too emotional on this stuff , thatā€™s why Iā€™m not taking too much from a game that nobody expected us to win, we were a 3 td dog. But Iā€™m still not happy with things that continue to show up on Saturdays , issues we canā€™t seem to fix.

Now Iā€™ll let everyone get back to losing their minds and talking Mannys replacement.
I saw that Miami loves to work a lot out of 10 personnel. Even with Mallory in the game, he looked more like a receiver. If you want to play spread out of formations that really aren't going to let your offense play physically at the LOS, it's going to be hard to run the ball and show a balance that the defense will respect. When speed and space aren't working that's really all she wrote.

We've run a lot of 10 with Tua and it almost got our QB killed numerous times. It destroyed our downhill running and physicality. I just hate it as a base formation for the offense. It also messes with the defense, in that in practice that is what they line up against every day and that is what develops their muscle memory. Tight ends that can block and catch are getting more valuable in these spreads than gold. They are wonderful mismatches.
excellent points on Diaz, I would also add that we need a complete overhaul of S&C program. went to game with a buddy Alabama grad his comment you guys "Miami" aren't very physical. we lack explosive strength and it shows if we play a top notch outfit...... have not had explosive strength since Butch Davis... group left

Advertisement
Yes, agreed, but the UGA QB is a statue. And to be accurate DJ at Clemson is not a dynamic mobile QB at 6-6 250 lbs. He can move around but heā€™s not a running threat.

Young is a passer first, as was Tua, and no one said heā€™s Mike Vick. Heā€˜s more mobile than UGAs QB, and I think gives an edge to Bama in that potential matchup.
DJ always reminded me of Big Ben in his stature. Play style, not sure.

There is no difference between game 1 vs UF in 2019 and game 25 vs Bama in 2021. We look and do the exact same ****. Different offensive staff. Different defensive staff. Multiple prime transfers. Top 15 recruiting classes. Nothing. Has. Changed. Heā€™s not the guy now or if we win against a ****** conference. I donā€™t care that Bama is a semi pro team. I though we would lose by 5 TDs. But we still look the same. And thatā€™s the issue
need an overhaul that includes Blake James and some new faces on BOT as well as new president who understands the importance of college athletics to school....... we showed up flat and unprepared and played sloppy football that's on Diaz

Iā€™m going off the totality , our highly rated guys donā€™t make big jumps. Development as a whole has been meh at best.
This, I still don't get why. We have IMO the best position coaches we have had in a while. They have all for the most part produce talent elsewhere, and have done it in D1 schools, or pro level.

Can it be our S&C coach? I know you mentioned Huff can get his weight up for whatever reason. That makes no sense to me.
Our S&C program is in the dark ages, we get bullied every time we play a top program. we lack explosive strength period
there is a reason that an S&C coach makes 750K take a look at UGA & Bama without explosive strength you look ordinary and when was the last time we got a real push upfront against a top notch school.......?

Advertisement
Honestly, I can live with the fact we lost, Bama is just that **** good.

What bothers me is we got beaten up, lunch money stolen, and shorts yanked over our heads by the school bully on a big stage again.
We lost the game but idk about lunch money taken etc. If it were 70-3 (which Bama does to SEC teams at times) then I'd have to agree with you. We drove down the field a couple times with inferior talent and just didn't punch it in....Saban didn't let off the gas, our kids just found their footing. Bama rushed for like 35 carries n 150 yards...HUGE win for us considering we gave up 500 rushing yards just a few months ago with the same players minus a 1st round and 5th round DE. And yes we got torched by Bamas passing game, however it can't be lost that Bolden goes out in the 1st Q and we have to insert our young guy Kinchens in there...

All things considered, yeah they outperformed us....but being down 27-0 in the second quarter means that from that point on,, well over 35min of the game we managed to play Bama 17-13. Again Saban didn't take his foot off the gas, if anything it's to his advantage to score 80pts on us and hold us to goose egg 0pts. If I'm a recruit, Bama is supposed to win this game, heck they have 2 recently fired NFL coaches as OC and OL coach...I think our guys showed grit and refused to lay down after going down 27-0 and fought over half of the game to a respectable 17-13 finish.

Yeah, this is the thing. Weā€™ve known what we were up against and we showed up with a run run pass game plan on O and guys playing way off the line at CB. Everything is easily identifiable and potentially fixable with a willing leader but we donā€™t have that leader. No way around it. No one in their right mind could think that the game plan was sound or logical. We did the same bad shĆ®t weā€™ve done with repeated failures. I didnā€™t expect to win but I expected to see a sound game plan. Without name calling, what we witnessed is the coaching equivalence of malpractice.
And thatā€™s why manny has officially lost the fan base because he is incapable of fixing the same mistakes this team has made over and over again for the past 3 years. Thatā€™s coaching plain and simple and you either have it or you donā€™t. And he doesnā€™t! Heā€™d be a good promotions man, a hype man for a company but not a football coach because off season championships mean about as much as the lint in my pocket in this game. Itā€™s just a matter of time now with him and according to @Cribby blake James too thank god! With that cleansing and maybe the people in the BOT that care about building a winning program taking control away from the ones that think status quo is just fine, then their is hope. There is hope of Alonzo highsmith, theirs hope of a guy like bill clarke or Gary Patterson since TCU will be group of five again in the future.

Advertisement
Iā€™ve been saying for a couple years the coach and the ad is just the symptom of the disease.

Seriously, people think the program is dead because we hired five straight broken coaches.

Coaches are literally the program. Programs and dynasties rise and fall simply based on who is the head coach. Just look at the history. Hiring two excellent head coaches back to back is extremely difficult because there are more big time programs than good coaches to lead them.

People saying we would struggle with Saban or Meyer are clueless. Those guys would win multiple titles here. We canā€™t get those type guys here because of the administration. Itā€™s amazing looking back on just how awful our PROCESS of selecting coaches has been.

Manny just doesnā€™t have the intangibles as a leader. With a good dc, he could be a perennial 10 game winner. But thatā€™s his ceiling unless he miraculously finds a way to overcome his shortcomings.

Someone on social media posted a pic saying that for several minutes, no one coaches the players. Everyone was left on the bench. I dont get it. Games not over.
Fkn social media. Smdh. I give 2 fks about social media.

Thanks for really telling it like it is, we better come ready Saturday night.

Advertisement
Back