Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Advertisement
Dont know but they weren't productive sans Bain so I dont really care. Bring me a pass rusher.
Oh you care! Even if we get him he still will be behind mesidor, Kelly, bain, Wayne! He would be 3rd team and that's without mentioning Pickett, Lightfoot, Rudolph, mconathy(sp)...and dare I say stick figure moss!

Paul Crewe had better protection when he tried to throw the game. @Udynasty and @Stevo365 conviently left that tidbit out.
I don’t think it’s easy to break those habits. Usually QBs who are used to bad protection are skiddish for life. It would take a ton of dedication in the off-season and working full time with someone like Jordan Palmer who helped Josh Allen break the habit.
But if he can learn to trust the protection, set his feet, mix in off platform throws and trust his athleticism the sky is the limit.
I’m bullish on our returning WRs too. Add in Ray Ray, a healthy more experienced TE room and our backs and this offense should be insane.

Advertisement
So, from your logic he beats out everybody but bain?
From actual logic nobody but Bain deserves to be ahead in a competition. What has Kelly achieved? What has Wayne achieved? Where has Mesidor been the vast majority of the last 2 seasons?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t think it’s easy to break those habits. Usually QBs who are used to bad protection are skiddish for life. It would take a ton of dedication in the off-season and working full time with someone like Jordan Palmer who helped Josh Allen break the habit.
But if he can learn to trust the protection, set his feet, mix in off platform throws and trust his athleticism the sky is the limit.
I’m bullish on our returning WRs too. Add in Ray Ray, a healthy more experienced TE room and our backs and this offense should be insane.
I don't agree with that assesment. I think on a week to week basis that has some merit. Not with a new team in a new offense with new players. The point I was making though is some of those fumbles directly correlate to putrid OL play.

I thought he was a bum tbh

But I watched some Oregon St games last year. Not entirely sure why but I did. And I was like ya know this is the type of dude I want to see at Miami. Sure perfect world we have a Caleb Williams Drake Maye but we’ve lacked a dual threat here for….well forever

Just watching Jacurri Brown spark the team a bit last year when he was woefully unprepared and we were absolute horse **** on offense you see that element we are constantly missing, somehow still in 2023

Not sure if he specifically is our answer, but I’d love to see us try
You mean Maryland?

Advertisement
So, from your logic he beats out everybody but bain?

In my opinion. Both Kelly and Mesidor have been injury prone up to this point. Wayne showed some flashes, but needs a little more development. Excited about him though. Regardless you bring in as much talent as possible and let the best guy win out. Iron sharpens iron.

I thought he was a bum tbh

But I watched some Oregon St games last year. Not entirely sure why but I did. And I was like ya know this is the type of dude I want to see at Miami. Sure perfect world we have a Caleb Williams Drake Maye but we’ve lacked a dual threat here for….well forever

Just watching Jacurri Brown spark the team a bit last year when he was woefully unprepared and we were absolute horse **** on offense you see that element we are constantly missing, somehow still in 2023

Not sure if he specifically is our answer, but I’d love to see us try
Wrong Polynesian

Advertisement
I don't agree with that assesment. I think on a week to week basis that has some merit. Not with a new team in a new offense with new players. The point I was making though is some of those fumbles directly correlate to putrid OL play.
The problem it’s not one year of bad protection. It’s his entire career.

The problem it’s not one year of bad protection. It’s his entire career.
Television I Guess GIF by ION Mystery

In my opinion. Both Kelly and Mesidor have been injury prone up to this point. Wayne showed some flashes, but needs a little more development. Excited about him though. Regardless you bring in as much talent as possible and let the best guy win out. Iron sharpens iron.
Totally agree! 💯

Advertisement
Back