Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Apply for what? Please don’t reply with waiver…
Cribby said it himself without saying it. The “QB” has to apply for a waiver. Meaning rather it’s guaranteed or not, he still has to apply for it.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane / @TheOriginalBuff and @WaterburyCane are correct.

@Tony4Canes - and anyone else - stand down on your ❌ for now.

Donald Trump Whatever GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Nope

He's out of eligibility

Ward, Pratt, Lil Tua (in that order).

I don't trust Gabriel with injuries.

Advertisement
247 is reporting there is contact with Jordan McCloud from JMU. His coach is now at Indiana so I assume they are the front runner.
That’s a guy I said to watch out for as well. Him and Walker fit the WVU/Houston style QB. I figured he is a fallback for Walker?

Advertisement
247 is reporting there is contact with Jordan McCloud from JMU. His coach is now at Indiana so I assume they are the front runner.
with all the options in the portal for "rentals" he just seems so unproven

1 amazing year - absolute mediocrity every other year

Advertisement
People not liking this is mind blowing lol. Dudes a three thousand yard passer that can move that’s been surrounded by mediocre talent. On top of that he wants to come here with his family and we wouldn’t have to break the bank. Hes tier 1
That part is very key. Allows you to spend around him, even better if it’s multi-year starters to set you up well in 2025.

I’d take him no questions asked. Some of the forced throws are just him trying too hard to make the exceptional play, I think he’d be perfectly ok in this system and a guy that can lead us to 9-10 wins. I do hope we go after a WR1 to push the room some more, a true game-changing type of guy.

- Cam Ward
- Michael Pratt
- Taulia Tagovailoa

Fine with any of these three and we’d be on track for a solid season.
2 of those aren't in the portal

think people just attach themselves to the ones with local ties like Pratt and Taulia - because imo there are several options better than both

Advertisement
Regardless of how you feel about him as a QB does anyone really want to put the fate of our starting quarterback in the hands of the NCAA? I just don’t even see what his argument is for an additional year.

Cribby said it himself without saying it. The “QB” has to apply for a waiver. Meaning rather it’s guaranteed or not, he still has to apply for it.
I’m not going to rehash the last several pages of this thread, but I’ll just correct you. Taulia would not need to apply for a waiver.

Advertisement
Back