Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Advertisement
How many pages do I need to go back to figure out how a guy that played in 5+ games in 4 seasons that weren’t covid years still has eligibility.

Advertisement
How many pages do I need to go back to figure out how a guy that played in 5+ games in 4 seasons that weren’t covid years still has eligibility.

I don't know. How many pages do you need to go back to figure out that a guy who played in 4 games in 2020 can take a redshirt?

2020 was a blanket waiver. RS or not. There was zero logic to RS in 2020 because it couldn't be combined with the blanket waiver.

He's seeking a waiver to cover 2019 where he played 5 games and played in 4 or fewer snaps in 3 of those games and accumulated 0 stats in 2 of them.

I don't know. How many pages do you need to go back to figure out that a guy who played in 4 games in 2020 can take a redshirt?
I’m not talking about 2020. I’m not saying you’re wrong but I’m just curious how you’re getting there. 2020 was his redshirt/covid year. He played in 5+ games in 4 other seasons.

Advertisement
2020 was a blanket waiver. RS or not. There was zero logic to RS in 2020 because it couldn't be combined with the blanket waiver.

He's seeking a waiver to cover 2019 where he played 5 games and played in 4 or fewer snaps in 3 of those games and accumulated 0 stats in 2 of them.

Wrong.

Look up Cam McCormick, who took a medical redshirt in 2020 and used his "Covid year" in a non-2020 year.

1701724908501.png

1701724917348.png

IMG_2252.jpeg
IMG_2253.jpeg

Top one is a Miami writer from AOL, bottom one is The Athletic from relatively recently.

But just reading between the lines, his name wouldn’t have been brought up both on this board and amongst credible sites if there wasn’t a legit chance of it happening.

Advertisement
People not liking this is mind blowing lol. Dudes a three thousand yard passer that can move that’s been surrounded by mediocre talent. On top of that he wants to come here with his family and we wouldn’t have to break the bank. Hes tier 1
Not getting my hopes up until he gets official clearence that he can transfer and play next season.

I absolutely hate the NCAA with every fiber that I have. They'll find a way to mess with it.

People not liking this is mind blowing lol. Dudes a three thousand yard passer that can move that’s been surrounded by mediocre talent. On top of that he wants to come here with his family and we wouldn’t have to break the bank. Hes tier 1

I wouldn't say he's surrounded by mediocre talent. They've got a good sized OL, with at least one projected to go high in draft and they have some good backs and receivers. Mediocre coaching with Locksley and Gattis? Sure.

Advertisement
View attachment 269469View attachment 269470

Top one is a Miami writer from AOL, bottom one is The Athletic from relatively recently.

But just reading between the lines, his name wouldn’t have been brought up both on this board and amongst credible sites if there wasn’t a legit chance of it happening.

It's an automatic credibility-disqualifier when a writer says that Taulia "just missed" redshirt qualification by playing in 4 games.

OMG these people. There were 2 eligibilty extensions, your entire 2020 year as a competition waiver. They also have an extension of eligibility waiver to everyone:

The second form of extension from the NCAA is the extension of eligibility. This allows students to come back for another year even if they were planning to graduate in 2021. This also offers non-seniors a chance to add an extra year of eligibility to their collegiate career. Not every student has to use it however and it’s a difficult decision to make for student athletes.

Everyone who was eligible to play in 2020 has 6 years to play 5 (5 full and RS: 1 of less than 4 games) instead of 5 years to play 4 (4 full and RS: 1 of less than 4 games))

Baby Tua is eligible for another year if he wants it

Last edited:
I wouldn't say he's surrounded by mediocre talent. They've got a good sized OL, with at least one projected to go high in draft and they have some good backs and receivers. Mediocre coaching with Locksley and Gattis? Sure.
Maryland is playing teams with much better talent most weeks. They he still broke the B10 passing record. To say he’s a tier two or three is ludicrous

Advertisement
Back