Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Advertisement
We've made contact. He does not appear to be super-receptive at this point. I suspect he already has his preferences, and that it's not for lack of effort on Miami's part.
Careful. 80% of CIS has already made Ward out to be the savior of the program so you're going to **** a lot of people off.

Careful. 80% of CIS has already made Ward out to be the savior of the program so you're going to **** a lot of people off.

Ha! I guess I should tell everyone what they want to hear and confirm all the inaccurate information out there.

Taulia has exhausted his eligibility, Cameron Ward is coming to Miami, and LifeWallet just hit 100.

Maybe now, I won't **** anyone off...

:LOL:

2019 Year 1
2020 RS freebie
2021 COVID freebie
2022 Year 2
2023 Year 3
Whoever advised him was smart that’s for sure. Based on what you’ve posted I would agree he has another year.

Couple questions.

1. Is he even transferring from Maryland?
2. Has Miami been in contact with him?
3. Is their any concern NCAA could back door this and ***** him over or have they publicly commented on his status. Doesn’t seem like they would need to.

Ohio State is kicking McCord to the side to go after Ward. Oregon wants Ward and are the presumed favorites. FSU wants Ward. Even Lincoln Riley is considering going after him despite having multiple 5-star QBs ready to take over.

And there are those on CIS that are saying no thanks lol. Classic.

“But he’s turnover prone!”…go watch Wazzu play, go watch their OL and lack of a running game, and get back to me. The dude is a magician with what he had to deal with. He’s a game-changing dual-threat that would have us scoring 30 points every single game, and flirting with the 40’s pretty consistently imo.

No doubt in my mind we win 10 games this year with Ward at QB. And we’ll win 10 with him next season if we’re lucky enough to outbid everyone.

Are there safer options? Sure. But Miami doesn’t need safe - they need a play-maker.

I thought Lincoln Riley went to visit the Kansas State guy. I'm I wrong on that?

Advertisement
Whoever advised him was smart that’s for sure. Based on what you’ve posted I would agree he has another year.

Couple questions.

1. Is he even transferring from Maryland?
2. Has Miami been in contact with him?
3. Is their any concern NCAA could back door this and ***** him over or have they publicly commented on his status. Doesn’t seem like they would need to.

2. Yes
3. No

You guys are beating each other up in here, ****! For me - I'll roll with Howard or Ward. I am a little concerned about Ward's penchant for turning it over, but he is ELECTRIC and a playmaker. Howard to me looks like he would fit Dawson's system perfectly. No matter what, all of these guys we are beating each other up about have flaws - it's unavoidable

Advertisement
He did, he’ll go look at multiple options just like we are.

Malachi Nelson will start in their bowl game against Louisville, I’d imagine it’s an audition of sorts to what they’ll do in ‘24.
Probably bodes well for us if they're planning to wait until the next window for a QB

You guys are beating each other up in here, ****! For me - I'll roll with Howard or Ward. I am a little concerned about Ward's penchant for turning it over, but he is ELECTRIC and a playmaker. Howard to me looks like he would fit Dawson's system perfectly. No matter what, all of these guys we are beating each other up about have flaws - it's unavoidable
That’s where I’m at. Get me any of Ward/Gabriel/Howard/Baby Tua in this system, and we’ll be ok. Pratt is fine, we can still win games with him at QB…but I’m just not so sure he’ll win the games more than not lose them. It’s a safe option.

Advertisement
That’s where I’m at. Get me any of Ward/Gabriel/Howard/Baby Tua in this system, and we’ll be ok. Pratt is fine, we can still win games with him at QB…but I’m just not so sure he’ll win the games more than not lose them. It’s a safe option.
From that list…I like (in order):

Ward
Gabriel
Pratt/Baby Tua/Howard

With our luck, Ward and Gabriel have destinations in mind and it’s not Coral Gables. That leaves the other 3 QBs and, quite frankly, I can’t decide who I prefer. I’d let Dawson make the call (not Mario) as his future at Miami depends on selecting the right QB.

Advertisement
There’s no point in arguing about Taulia. He has to still apply for it anyways.

Advertisement
Back