Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

2019 Year 1
2020 RS freebie
2021 COVID freebie
2022 Year 2
2023 Year 3

Will Smith Yes GIF by Bad Boys For Life

Advertisement
So he’s right…He’s got one more year of eligibility w/o requiring a waiver.

2019 RS freebie
2020 Covid freebie
2021 Yr 1
2022 Yr 2
2023 Yr 3
Nope, someone posted from Bama website that he played 5 games in 2019 so he couldn't redshirt that year.

So basically he's had 5 years in a row where he's played more than 4 games and never used his redshirt. Even when you include the 2020 COVID year, he's still played 4 years. Therefore, he has used up all of his eligibility.

If he's petitioning it's likely trying to get the NCAA to not count the Miss State game where he came in and handed the ball off as clock expired and therefore count 2019 as his redshirt year. That would then allow him to play one more year.

The fumbles are an issue. He had 8 fumbles last year. Washington State had the second worse OL after Colorado in the Pac 12. If we have any coaching whatsoever that is the easiest thing to fix on a QB that is throwing for 4000 yards and 30 TDs. Our issue was giving the QB too much time.
their OL was not good by any means but I've watched some game film on cam ward and all the hype and his pocket awareness is a severe concern

a LOT of those sacks were his fault and self inflicted

We have had contact with Will Howard, Cam Ward and Dillon Gabriel. Dawson visited Howard last week in Kansas. Don’t think we will go after Rogers from Mississippi State.

If Michael Pratt enters the Portal or Taulia Tagavoila gets a 6th year/enters the Portal, I would expect us to have significant interest in both.
Any idea on what grounds Taulia is applying for a waiver?

Advertisement
Nope, someone posted from Bama website that he played 5 games in 2019 so he couldn't redshirt that year.

So basically he's had 5 years in a row where he's played more than 4 games and never used his redshirt. Even when you include the 2020 COVID year, he's still played 4 years. Therefore, he has used up all of his eligibility.

If he's petitioning it's likely trying to get the NCAA to not count the Miss State game where he came in and handed the ball off as clock expired and therefore count 2019 as his redshirt year. That would then allow him to play one more year.

Did NOT play "more than 4 games" in 2020.

their OL was not good by any means but I've watched some game film on cam ward and all the hype and his pocket awareness is a severe concern

a LOT of those sacks were his fault and self inflicted
Now that is moving into an ability discussion. The start of this was lies about turnover statistics and misleading info about Ward in comparison to Howard. I'm not arguing who is better because I didn't watch Kansas State.

Advertisement
Game managers win you games and sometimes a lot more.. If you want a gunslinger then you live with a lot more turnovers.
They also lose games and struggle when asked to do more than just not **** up. It could go either way which leads me to "shouldn't be #1 on board." Everyone is concentrating too much on turnovers imo. Yes, Tyler royally ****ed us this year but the goal shouldnt be get a QB that won't turn the ball over. We could have still won some of those games this year even with Tyler going full Turnover Mode.

Now that is moving into an ability discussion. The start of this was lies about turnover statistics and misleading info about Ward in comparison to Howard. I'm not arguing who is better because I didn't watch Kansas State.
I'm not talking about howard at at all

just made a comment that you referenced Wazzu's OL was terrible

ward got sacked 39 times, had 120 carries for 121 yards

a lot of people on here are incorrectly crediting ward with athletic and playmaking ability and although he has been a weapon with his legs, it's nearly all been negated by his inability to escape in the pocket

and that's in the pac 12-- he'll face better DL and defenses in the ACC

Bruce Feldman just wrote that, per his conversations with P5 personnel directors, that Pratt would be the #1 name in the Portal if he entered.
I can’t see Pratt going to the portal, when he’s already accepted a invite to the senior bowl

Advertisement
Advertisement
With all these qbs entering the transfer portal 0 excuse why we don’t get one quality qb
The problem is that now all of those programs will be shopping now too. Just means more teams are looking to replace the guy that just left.

For instance, Ohio State in the conversation for several top guys since their current starter left.

He had 8 fumbles last year.

Is that lost? I see 14

Washington State had the second worse OL after Colorado in the Pac 12

And while I agree with your premise their OL is not great and I've seen the kid take some hits back there, and I don't hold PFF as the be-all/end-all by any means…Realize that 6 OL in the pac 12 graded out worse at pass blocking and they basically graded out mudpack nationally in that category (68th) . I do agree that it's not a great OL by any means, but you may be pushing it…And also agree that pass protection will be a strength of any UM ol with this regime including the current team.

Again I don't mind Cam Ward, but there is definitely some BAD Cam Ward, and his decision making and carelessness with the ball are worth nothing. If you let other QBs wing it 50-55 times a game I think they would have put up as good or better numbers than him in the counting stats, etc... If he is our QB and we protect him, he could do some things sure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back