Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Hmmm I think I get what you're saying.

So you're saying he'd use his redshirt for 2020 and then use his COVID year for any other year? If so, then yeah I think that makes sense and you're spot on.
I think that’s the problem. Is it even possible you use a regular rs the same year they said we gone wipe clean for everybody?

Advertisement
The problem is that now all of those programs will be shopping now too. Just means more teams are looking to replace the guy that just left.

For instance, Ohio State in the conversation for several top guys since their current starter left.
I want the Kansas state qb , get him and smith we win the acc championship especially how we’re recruiting the trenches

Is that lost? I see 14

Washington State had the second worse OL after Colorado in the Pac 12

And while I agree with your premise their OL is not great and I've seen the kid take some hits back there, and I don't hold PFF as the be-all/end-all by any means…Realize that 6 OL in the pac 12 graded out worse at pass blocking and they basically graded out mudpack nationally in that category (68th) . I do agree that it's not a great OL by any means, but you may be pushing it…And also agree that pass protection will be a strength of any UM ol with this regime including the current team.

Again I don't mind Cam Ward, but there is definitely some bad Cam Ward, and his decision making and carelessness with the ball are worth nothing. If you let other QBs wing it 50-55 times a game I think they would have put up as good or better numbers than him. If he is our QB and we protect him, he could do some things sure.
8 lost.

I think that’s the problem. Is it even possible you use a regular rs the same year they said we gone wipe clean for everybody?

Yes. As I already established with multiple links.

Look at what I posted for Cam McCormick, who took a medical redshirt in 2020 AND AND AND still got to use his COVID year for a DIFFERENT year.

Relax your heels. Stop digging in so hard.

@TheOriginalCane / @TheOriginalBuff and @WaterburyCane are correct.

@Tony4Canes - and anyone else - stand down on your ❌ for now.

Donald Trump Whatever GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Ohio State is kicking McCord to the side to go after Ward. Oregon wants Ward and are the presumed favorites. FSU wants Ward. Even Lincoln Riley is considering going after him despite having multiple 5-star QBs ready to take over.

And there are those on CIS that are saying no thanks lol. Classic.

“But he’s turnover prone!”…go watch Wazzu play, go watch their OL and lack of a running game, and get back to me. The dude is a magician with what he had to deal with. He’s a game-changing dual-threat that would have us scoring 30 points every single game, and flirting with the 40’s pretty consistently imo.

No doubt in my mind we win 10 games this year with Ward at QB. And we’ll win 10 with him next season if we’re lucky enough to outbid everyone.

Are there safer options? Sure. But Miami doesn’t need safe - they need a play-maker.

Advertisement
Yes. As I already established with multiple links.

Look at what I posted for Cam McCormick, who took a medical redshirt in 2020 AND AND AND still got to use his COVID year for a DIFFERENT year.

Relax your heels. Stop digging in so hard.
Not digging nothing it’s obvious it doesn’t make sense to other people as well

Ohio State is kicking McCord to the side to go after Ward. Oregon wants Ward and are the presumed favorites. FSU wants Ward. Even Lincoln Riley is considering going after him despite having multiple 5-star QBs ready to take over.

“But he’s turnover prone!”…go watch Wazzu play, go watch their OL and lack of a running game, and get back to me. The dude is a magician with what he had to deal with. He’s a game-changing dual-threat that would have us scoring 30 points every single game, and flirting with the 40’s pretty consistently imo.

No doubt in my mind we win 10 games this year with Ward at QB. And we’ll win 10 with him next season if we’re lucky enough to outbid everyone.

Are there safer options? Sure. But Miami doesn’t need safe - they need a play-maker.
Oregon looks like they're getting Gabriel so not so sure they're favorites for Ward.

Is Miami going after Ward? Legit going after..

Advertisement
Oregon looks like they're getting Gabriel so not so sure they're favorites for Ward.
Interesting. He’s a good fit out there too.

Some programs will be turned off by the high NIL cost, especially for a one-year rental. Ohio St will go all in on him I think, as they should. I don’t think FSU has as much to sell on offense as we do considering their departures, but they’ll assuredly try to sell him on the offense and being Travis’s replacement.

I think OU will ride with Jackson Arnold, but maybe they’re interested too. Or LSU.

Is Miami going after Ward? Legit going after..
I believe so, yes. Would be the biggest win of Mario’s career at Miami imo if he pulls it off. Especially considering the negativity surrounding his history with QBs, as I’m sure every program tries to use against us.

Advertisement
Interesting. He’s a good fit out there too.

Some programs will be turned off by the high NIL cost, especially for a one-year rental. Ohio St will go all in on him I think, as they should. I don’t think FSU has as much to sell on offense as we do considering their departures, but they’ll assuredly try to sell him on the offense and being Travis’s replacement.

I think OU will ride with Jackson Arnold, but maybe they’re interested too. Or LSU.
Have to think OSU will be on his shortlist, if not a leader. DJU has been linked to FSU, but as you mentioned, they don't have as much to sell with guys leaving. From what is sounds like, OU is moving forward with Arnold.

Not digging nothing it’s obvious it doesn’t make sense to other people as well

It "doesn't make sense" because people just assume a misreported "news article" is accurate, and they refuse to acknowledge any other posts that correctly cite the language of the rule or examples of other players who took regular or medical redshirts in 2020.

You know what the media is like in 2023. Why do you assume that every report is "correct", even when presented factual information that rebuts those reports?

As I told someone else in a DM...if you knew where I got my info on this subject, you would shut up and apologize. Instantly. But because a few people don't like my "sass", you feel entitled to insult my information.

Whatever.

I only post accurate information to offset the misinformation that swirls on the interwebz. There's no need to argue, just because I'm not a paid mainstream media writer.

Advertisement
Back