Notre Lame in talks to join ACC as full member

Notre Dame will not be joining the ACC as a full time football member. I don't believe the report.

If they don't join a conference, they're almost guaranteeing themselves to never be considered for the playoffs. No playoffs, no national titles

Advertisement
Assuming this does happen, and the ACC goes to 16 teams, I'd argue adding the University of Cincinnati would be better than adding UConn.

Not sure how Louisville and Notre Dame would feel about that ... But if they aren't afraid of the competition, it could really lead to some great regional conference rivalries. UConn football is never going to be interesting, IMO.

And the conference alignments would be so simple!

ACC North
Syracuse, Boston College, Pitt, UVA, VT, ND, Louisville, Cincinnati

ACC South
Miami, FSU, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Duke, UNC, NCSU, WF

Go to 9 conference games in football, and the ACC would have the toughest schedule of any P5, IMO.

Cinci offers nothing to the conference. It's all about TV market and UCONN, even though they suck, would allow more exposure in the NE market.

This. Not to mention, academics and elite basketball programs in Men's and Women. Cincy and WVU don't belong in the ACC. Bring in a ND or Texas and I'm perfectly fine with UConn.

Notre Dame will not be joining the ACC as a full time football member. I don't believe the report.

If they don't join a conference, they're almost guaranteeing themselves to never be considered for the playoffs. No playoffs, no national titles

not really but it would be harder because they would have to go 11-1 or 12-0 to even be in the conversation unlike Penn State that went 10-2 and had a legit argument.

How about this.. when the Big 12 dissolves.. go get Texas.. you get Texas then Oklahoma will come banging on the door.. if that happens chances are Okie State comes calling to.. then you get ND to join in football full time.. Boom.. SuperMega Conference.. or the Golden State Warriors Conference.

Advertisement
Assuming this does happen, and the ACC goes to 16 teams, I'd argue adding the University of Cincinnati would be better than adding UConn.

Not sure how Louisville and Notre Dame would feel about that ... But if they aren't afraid of the competition, it could really lead to some great regional conference rivalries. UConn football is never going to be interesting, IMO.

And the conference alignments would be so simple!

ACC North
Syracuse, Boston College, Pitt, UVA, VT, ND, Louisville, Cincinnati

ACC South
Miami, FSU, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Duke, UNC, NCSU, WF

Go to 9 conference games in football, and the ACC would have the toughest schedule of any P5, IMO.

Cinci offers nothing to the conference. It's all about TV market and UCONN, even though they suck, would allow more exposure in the NE market.

This. Not to mention, academics and elite basketball programs in Men's and Women. Cincy and WVU don't belong in the ACC. Bring in a ND or Texas and I'm perfectly fine with UConn.

If you add ND then you don't need UConn. Becaus Bc and nd provides the east coast

What about Penn State? A significant portion of their alumni base has always grumbled about being in the Big 10. They don't think they're treated fairly and miss the eastern competition they used to have. If they had the opportunity to make the move with Notre Dame, it might be tempting.

Hate makes great football. ND,PSU and The U in one place. Feel the hate. I love it.

UConn is a big basketball school. The ACC is the best basketball conference. UConn is easily the best choice.

The same UCONN that sued Miami for leaving the Big East, uhhh, no. All they have is a decent BB program, their FB program is in shambles and they have absolutely zero draw.

The UConn program that won a couple NCAA Championship the last few years is only decent? Facts are not your strong suit. They have won 4 of the last 13.

The ACC isnt a basketball conference / its balanced excelling in both football and basketball / gtfoh with this basketball conference bs / UCONN is a joke of a football program and doesnt belong anywhere near the ACC

Just the facts. The ACC is the NCAA prime basketball conference. Basketball is more important than football to the majority of ACC schools. Notre Dame put their basketball team into the ACC for that reason.

Thats actually a false narrative

UM, FSU, Clemson, BC, GT, VT, PITT, NC state and UVA are all football first.

West Virginia?

For their highly esteemed academic reputation or their stronghold on the Appalachian media market?

Come for the inbreeding......stay for the opioid addictions!

You forgot the meth heads

Don't worry. Some are clearly here in this thread.
No WVU. No way. Their school and their fans are pure trash. I believe the ACC turned them down for membership before.

Advertisement
COASTAL
Miami
Syracuse
Pitt
Notre Dame
VPI
BC
Louisville
Navy/WVU/UConn

ATLANTIC
FSU
Clemson
GT
Wake
NC State
UVA
UNC
Duke

Let's just get rid of divisions and go to 9 league games. Top 2 teams play in the Conference Championship. Divisions suck

If, and it's a big if at this point, a conference expands to 16 teams, it might go to 4, 4 team, pods for football.

Advertisement
Pod 1:
Notre Dame
Louisville
BC
UConn

Pod 2:
Miami
Virginia Tech
Pitt
'Cuse

Pod 3:
Clemson
Virginia
UNC
Duke

Pod 4:
FSU
Georgia Tech
Wake
NC State

Teams would play the teams in their pod yearly, teams in another pod on a rotating basis, and have 1 'rival' matchup with a team from another pod, for example:
GT-Clemson
FSU-Miami
Virginia-VT
Notre Dame-Pitt
BC-Cuse
...and so on.

On years where you play the pod of your 'rival', you play another random team from another pod that also has a free game.

UConn is a big basketball school. The ACC is the best basketball conference. UConn is easily the best choice.

The same UCONN that sued Miami for leaving the Big East, uhhh, no. All they have is a decent BB program, their FB program is in shambles and they have absolutely zero draw.

The UConn program that won a couple NCAA Championship the last few years is only decent? Facts are not your strong suit. They have won 4 of the last 18.

Point is no one gives a siht about UCONN, aside from you apparently.

LOL! Couldn't care less. Just stating a fact that apparently you are unable to understand.

Are you daft? So UCONN should be accepted into the ACC because they've had past success in Basketball? Makes perfect sense considering how the ACC struggles to garner interest in it's basketball programs.

Let's be real. While the tobacco road crowd still thinks the ACC is a basketball conference. Pretty much all the realignment they've done over the past decade+ says otherwise. The only "basketball school" they've added is Syracuse.

Since they've already accepted Louisville, it's also clear that academic standards don't really matter if you're good at football.

Also, the Northeast market is dominated by Notre Dame. Especially for football. UCONN football fandom is sparse. Adding them makes the ACC a worse football conference.

That said, if they're dead set on inviting an AAC team (UCONN, Cincy) to join with ND, Id' rather them take a Florida school. Either UCF or USF. Neither is any good at basketball but both have shown more success on the football field than UCONN or Cincy. Both have much more potential to field a good football program annually than either northern school.

I don't know. Just throwing **** against the wall right now. It's the offseason.

Advertisement
Let's be real. While the tobacco road crowd still thinks the ACC is a basketball conference. Pretty much all the realignment they've done over the past decade+ says otherwise. The only "basketball school" they've added is Syracuse.

Since they've already accepted Louisville, it's also clear that academic standards don't really matter if you're good at football.

Also, the Northeast market is dominated by Notre Dame. Especially for football. UCONN football fandom is sparse. Adding them makes the ACC a worse football conference.

That said, if they're dead set on inviting an AAC team (UCONN, Cincy) to join with ND, Id' rather them take a Florida school. Either UCF or USF. Neither is any good at basketball but both have shown more success on the football field than UCONN or Cincy. Both have much more potential to field a good football program annually than either northern school.

I don't know. Just throwing **** against the wall right now. It's the offseason.

Exactly why you don't invite them the last thing the state needs is another strong football program. Even now USF is pre-season ranked for next year and both programs brought in coaches with some name recognition.

I would love to get West Virginia and ND as add-ons to ACC. I used to love those Miami-WVU games back in the Big-Ten days.

Exactly why you don't invite them the last thing the state needs is another strong football program. Even now USF is pre-season ranked for next year and both programs brought in coaches with some name recognition.

I was thinking more about what would make the overall conference stronger.

Advertisement
Back