Notre Lame in talks to join ACC as full member

I remember when the Big 12 was about to dissolve that the ACC spoke to Texas about joining our conference. Maybe we could anand see if Texas wants to join instead of a UConn, West Virginia or Cincinnati

Advertisement
Assuming this does happen, and the ACC goes to 16 teams, I'd argue adding the University of Cincinnati would be better than adding UConn.

UConn is a big basketball school. The ACC is the best basketball conference. UConn is easily the best choice.

The same UCONN that sued Miami for leaving the Big East, uhhh, no. All they have is a decent BB program, their FB program is in shambles and they have absolutely zero draw.

The UConn program that won a couple NCAA Championship the last few years is only decent? Facts are not your strong suit. They have won 4 of the last 18.

Don't get the UConn intrigue. Relatively small alumni base and small fanbase overall, a BB program that peaked years ago and is now on the decline, and a football program no one could give two ****s about. I'm not crazy about Cincy, but I think they're a little more solid overall than UConn is.

LOL! UConn has won 3 of the last 12 NCAA Basketball Championships.

Assuming this does happen, and the ACC goes to 16 teams, I'd argue adding the University of Cincinnati would be better than adding UConn.

UConn is a big basketball school. The ACC is the best basketball conference. UConn is easily the best choice.

The same UCONN that sued Miami for leaving the Big East, uhhh, no. All they have is a decent BB program, their FB program is in shambles and they have absolutely zero draw.

The UConn program that won a couple NCAA Championship the last few years is only decent? Facts are not your strong suit. They have won 4 of the last 13.

The ACC isnt a basketball conference / its balanced excelling in both football and basketball / gtfoh with this basketball conference bs / UCONN is a joke of a football program and doesnt belong anywhere near the ACC

The UConn program that won a couple NCAA Championship the last few years is only decent? Facts are not your strong suit. They have won 4 of the last 13.

The ACC isnt a basketball conference / its balanced excelling in both football and basketball / gtfoh with this basketball conference bs / UCONN is a joke of a football program and doesnt belong anywhere near the ACC

Just the facts. The ACC is the NCAA prime basketball conference. Basketball is more important than football to the majority of ACC schools. Notre Dame put their basketball team into the ACC for that reason.

Advertisement

The UConn program that won a couple NCAA Championship the last few years is only decent? Facts are not your strong suit. They have won 4 of the last 18.

Point is no one gives a siht about UCONN, aside from you apparently.

UConn men's basketball has missed the NCAA tournament in 3 of the past 5 seasons ... Including 2 of the past 3 years. That program is on the decline.

And finishing .500 in the AAC isn't the best resume builder for joining a "basketball conference".

It will be interesting to see what Edsall does in his 2nd act with the football program, though ...

Point is no one gives a siht about UCONN, aside from you apparently.

LOL! Couldn't care less. Just stating a fact that apparently you are unable to understand.

I think an underestimated point of resistance could be the WBB programs against allowing UCONN in.

Advertisement
miami and fsu need to be in different divisions

this is what I would want

north:

Louisville, FSU, ND, UNC, WF, CINC, NCSU, Syracuse

South:

Clemson, Miami, Vag tech, PITT, Georgia tech, Duke, Boston College, UVA

Even brackets and a lot of big games. ACC would become the best conference

**** that. I want those hypocrites at ND every ******* year. PERIOD.

miami and fsu need to be in different divisions

this is what I would want

north:

Louisville, FSU, ND, UNC, WF, CINC, NCSU, Syracuse

South:

Clemson, Miami, Vag tech, PITT, Georgia tech, Duke, Boston College, UVA

Even brackets and a lot of big games. ACC would become the best conference

this is dumb

Advertisement
Miami. ND. Pitt. BC. Gt. UVA. UNC. DUKE
FSU. CUSE. VILLE . Cinn CLEM. Vtech. Ncst. Wake
Hopefully ACC adds texas instead

Not sure how Louisville and Notre Dame would feel about that ... But if they aren't afraid of the competition, it could really lead to some great regional conference rivalries. UConn football is never going to be interesting, IMO.

And the conference alignments would be so simple!

ACC North
Syracuse, Boston College, Pitt, UVA, VT, ND, Louisville, Cincinnati

ACC South
Miami, FSU, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Duke, UNC, NCSU, WF

Go to 9 conference games in football, and the ACC would have the toughest schedule of any P5, IMO.

Cinci offers nothing to the conference. It's all about TV market and UCONN, even though they suck, would allow more exposure in the NE market.

Advertisement
So basically our entire schedule but 2 games OOC will be fixed? Never play another team from another division other than FSU outside of the ACC championship? I'm not a fan of not playing a lot of teams in your conference for years upon years

If you accept UConn into the ACC your you are doubling down on the northeast Market. However if you offer Cincinnati you are entering a new territory and better recruiting grounds.

So basically our entire schedule but 2 games OOC will be fixed? Never play another team from another division other than FSU outside of the ACC championship? I'm not a fan of not playing a lot of teams in your conference for years upon years

exactly.. **** is terrible. FSU is the only team in the ACC that I care to play every year "fixed" on the regular schedule, the rest of the teams need to be rotational.

Notre Dame will not be joining the ACC as a full time football member. I don't believe the report.

Advertisement
Back