Note on Tyrique

Advertisement
All Acc doesn't mean jack , **** did Headley even make it , Did Rambo ? Canes don’t get that treatment.

6th or 7th ? No way. He’s getting way better than that. Third or fourth and that’s before the combine. Horn exploded with the combine. TS would post great numbers for his size. The combine is why people are confident. The one negative is he’s injured.
I don't see it, and I didn't see it all season.

His PFF rank (I know, they suck) is pretty average to bad.

Without orange and green glasses, idk how anyone can prop this guy up. He couldn't start at UGA, and played on an awful defense at Miami (meaning, why WOULD you throw at him when the other side of the field was a layup?)

He did nothing to warrant a high draft grade. He would be making a bad decision to turn pro.

Can I please ask what is perhaps a dumb question? What is the risk to coming back? Is it mainly injuring or just having to wait another year to start getting paid? It seems like a no brainer for most guys to come back unless clearly an early pick.

Agreed. If "testing" is going to help vault Tyrique up into a higher round, he would get the same result next year as this year, just based on that component.

Yes, if he comes back for another year, he has "risk of injury", and, generally, "time value of money" issues. But I would think that if he even raises his 2023 draft outcome by ONE round over 2022, it would offset the one-year delay in money (which could ALSO be offset by NIL).

Advertisement
Regardless there’s help on the way.
I like how you are insinuating help is on the way. I am not going to ask for details. Patience is a virtue. Just know that I feel comfortable in the nest with your insinuations.

All Acc doesn't mean jack , **** did Headley even make it , Did Rambo ? Canes don’t get that treatment.

6th or 7th ? No way. He’s getting way better than that. Third or fourth and that’s before the combine. Horn exploded with the combine. TS would post great numbers for his size. The combine is why people are confident. The one negative is he’s injured.

No draft expert. But 3rd or 4th BEFORE the combine seems optimistic. 3rd or 4th AFTER the combine would make sense given how freaky his athleticism is. I can't see a scenario where he goes higher than 3rd given the year he had unless the combine and/or pro days are off the chart elite. He's still got too much to prove.

Personally, I'd like to see him stay and get to the top 2 rounds. That's serious guaranteed money. Would be a win/win, IMHO.

I see there’s a lot of rumors on whether he’s staying or leaving but the decision has not been made. He’s been getting differentiating grades some grades high enough he’d leave and some not so much. But there’s a belief when they take his physical numbers and speed it could increase his stock dramatically. The film shows a physical cb that got better as the year went on and also a willing and physical tackler. Plus he has the ability to play multiple position.

I know T Rob compares him to Jaycee with his physical attributes and style of play, both are in the 6’1 205 range. Jaycee also had a sudden rise after scouts saw his size , speed and film at the combine.

This is just clear up rumors , that’s all. He’s not gone, I’d say 50-50 but he needs a certain consistent grade to jump. If not he should come back and put out more film.
Trob also compared Ivy to JC

This is the wrong draft to declare for if you’re a CB that isn’t guaranteed to be a top 1-3 round pick.

The CB depth in this draft is INSANE, just off the sheer numbers he’s gonna slide down to the 5th or 6th round.

If he’s deciding to be a Safety at the next level (which I don’t think he is), then maybe he could work his way into a 4th rounder, but at CB, would be a really dumb move coming out this year.

Even with an amazing combine he’s not getting picked in the first 3 rounds.

Whatever decision he makes I wish him the best of luck, but leaving early would be foolhardy at best.

Advertisement
This is the wrong draft to declare for if you’re a CB that isn’t guaranteed to be a top 1-3 round pick.

The CB depth in this draft is INSANE, just off the sheer numbers he’s gonna slide down to the 5th or 6th round.

If he’s deciding to be a Safety at the next level (which I don’t think he is), then maybe he could work his way into a 4th rounder, but at CB, would be a really dumb move coming out this year.

Whatever decision he makes I wish him the best of luck, but leaving early would be foolhardy at best.

Where have I heard this before…(insert like 20 names)

Really hope he comes back

Can I please ask what is perhaps a dumb question? What is the risk to coming back? Is it mainly injuring or just having to wait another year to start getting paid? It seems like a no brainer for most guys to come back unless clearly an early pick.
Or a decrease in your level of play; which in turn decreases your draft value.
Injury wise and in general, I believe a player can purchase insurance to cover the risk of injury.

He may not be planning on being a safety but 8 bet that's where he ends up.

Advertisement

A lot four talk with him and higher with a great combine. But he's injured so.....

he had a very good season. Made some plays that people playing on sundays dont make. I think he could bounce if the grade is right, I can see him wanting to come back and see how far this team can go with Mario.

Good problem to have for the kid.

Advertisement
Rique in a cov 3 type defense like Seattle or LV would maximize his talent as a corner or even safety if he decides to switch. He has good instincts and is physical, NFL likes those type of guys. If he comes back we should play him everywhere

Advertisement
Back