Note on Tyrique

Advertisement
Door #1 is a lot of money
Door #2 is very little money, but if you keep walking once you get into the room, you might come across a big bag of cash. You also might fall into a pit of spitting cobras, who knows?

Which one you taking?
Hard to say, this is something where situations are situational. I have no idea the young man’s personal situation & forsure understand the want/need to provide for his family. Im sure Stevenson will make a roster, but longterm if the league doesn’t pan out I think getting that diploma benefits him better. There is a lot of life after football. If he left I would understand, but there have been players in recent years that go pro thinking theyll make it then a few months later they are out of football & have no diploma.

Imo he’s a Swiss Army knife at the next level. 6’1 - 6’2 215 - 220 by then and can lineup at multiple spots. Safety , nickel , even lb on pass downs. You’ll have options with him and and that’s something most kids can’t do. Physical and can cover.
He has the size to play the role New England has given to Pat Chung/Kyle Dugger over the years. Incredibly valuable type of player

Nesta could come back technically with the Covid year.

Tyrique is a 4th rounder right now IMO. I think he could rise to top half of 2nd if he comes back and improves. I will respect his decision regardless. I'm a fan.
I hadn’t really considered Nesta to be honest. Forgot about the Covid rule

We really really need him to come back

Advertisement
He’d get drafted off measurables and testing..but the days of 5 rd or later guys leaving are hopefully over.

He’s going to test like a maniac that’s for sure. That’s the one thing people are missing. That being said he’s not leaving just to leave. He wants a certain grade to leave.
Yep. He’s a huge physical corner with speed, and despite being injured he locked down a lot last year. He’s also a leader.

A team is going to get a steal in the mid rounds if that’s where he goes

It would be a real gift for us if he came back

Advertisement
Tyrique has solid speed but not the type that’s going to blow people away. I see him as a high 4.4 to low 4.5 type guy. He needs another year imo

Advertisement
He's gotta trim up his body if he wants to be a corner full time.

I was not impressed with the way many players looked. Not putting that on Feely when you have a HC that plays kids regardless of their actions. Culture sucked

Absolute best case scenario he goes late 3rd and honestly I'd be shocked at that, he's more likely a 5th rounder this year. It's arguably the best CB class of all time, if he comes back he can push himself into the first round next year
Great point

Advertisement
What do you think he'd be satisfied with? Round 3 or below? I can't see him in 1st or 2nd round for right now and even 3rd is a stretch.

Agree, and it would be great if he got drafted early, but I don't see the 3rd round either.
Just my opinion but as of now I would say late round pick and hopefully not an UDFA.

Absolute best case scenario he goes late 3rd and honestly I'd be shocked at that, he's more likely a 5th rounder this year. It's arguably the best CB class of all time, if he comes back he can push himself into the first round next year
I'm not sure about that future first round projection, but even if he were to come back and solidify himself as a late 2nd or early 3rd, the money is substantially different (and more secure to make a roster). Do you see him as a Corner prospect? As a prospect, to me, he looks like a classic utility guy in the pros.

S Andre Cisco was taken as the first pick in R3 and signed a four-year deal worth about $5.24 million. Signing bonus of $1.17M. Fully guaranteed money $1,168,360.
CB Shaun Wade (the former 5*) was taken in R5 and signed a four-year deal worth about $3.48 million. Signing bonus was $80k. Fully guaranteed money $318k.

And, if he proves even higher than a top 3rd rounder, the number disparity gets even larger, obviously. Hope he's well-advised.

Selfishly, I hope he stays. But, he's so **** physical that he's a play away from having an injury that hurts his draft stock. I can't count how many times he came off the field for what appeared to be a nagging shoulder issue. Also, I'm no draftnik but this draft looks pretty weak. Might be a good time for anyone to jump.

Advertisement
Back