Note on Tyrique

I'm not sure about that future first round projection, but even if he were to come back and solidify himself as a late 2nd or early 3rd, the money is substantially different (and more secure to make a roster). Do you see him as a Corner prospect? As a prospect, to me, he looks like a classic utility guy in the pros.

S Andre Cisco was taken as the first pick in R3 and signed a four-year deal worth about $5.24 million. Signing bonus of $1.17M. Fully guaranteed money $1,168,360.
CB Shaun Wade (the former 5*) was taken in R5 and signed a four-year deal worth about $3.48 million. Signing bonus was $80k. Fully guaranteed money $318k.

And, if he proves even higher than a top 3rd rounder, the number disparity gets even larger, obviously. Hope he's well-advised.
You can practically make those amounts in NIL fees these days.

Advertisement
TS didn’t even make all-3rd team ACC. 6th or 7th round would be my guess.

I think 1st round if he comes back is a little lofty. CBs with first round talent usually flash early on. Think Stingley or jalen Ramsey or pat peterson.

TS isn’t sticky like that. I see him as more of a mid-late 2nd if he excels, and more like a 3rd/4th round guy.

Tyrique has solid speed but not the type that’s going to blow people away. I see him as a high 4.4 to low 4.5 type guy. He needs another year imo

I'll be surprised if he runs under a 4.5 tbh. If he does, he has a great shot at getting drafted in the 3rd/4th.

Advertisement
Let's get with the #BBS (Billionaire Booster Squad) and secure him a legit NIL deal to come back, nice six figures, and pair that with an insurance policy. He won't get a ton of insurance because he's not projected as a high draft pick yet, but with the NIL $ it could be a compelling pitch.

TS didn’t even make all-3rd team ACC. 6th or 7th round would be my guess.

I think 1st round if he comes back is a little lofty. CBs with first round talent usually flash early on. Think Stingley or jalen Ramsey or pat peterson.

TS isn’t sticky like that. I see him as more of a mid-late 2nd if he excels, and more like a 3rd/4th round guy.
How high do u think he goes? I could see someone reaching late/mid 4th. Higher than that..nah not enough film in coverage imo

All Acc doesn't mean jack , **** did Headley even make it , Did Rambo ? Canes don’t get that treatment.

6th or 7th ? No way. He’s getting way better than that. Third or fourth and that’s before the combine. Horn exploded with the combine. TS would post great numbers for his size. The combine is why people are confident. The one negative is he’s injured.

Last edited:
He's a special kid, that's for sure. Playing injured and playing for a ****ty defense certainly didn't help him.

I don't think he's Mark Walton or the many others that left just to leave.

I hope whatever he does is the best for him and his family and that it works out for him. He deserves it.

Advertisement
I see there’s a lot of rumors on whether he’s staying or leaving but the decision has not been made. He’s been getting differentiating grades some grades high enough he’d leave and some not so much. But there’s a belief when they take his physical numbers and speed it could increase his stock dramatically. The film shows a physical cb that got better as the year went on and also a willing and physical tackler. Plus he has the ability to play multiple position.

I know T Rob compares him to Jaycee with his physical attributes and style of play, both are in the 6’1 205 range. Jaycee also had a sudden rise after scouts saw his size , speed and film at the combine.

This is just clear up rumors , that’s all. He’s not gone, I’d say 50-50 but he needs a certain consistent grade to jump. If not he should come back and put out more film. He might be the first guy
What do u mean by he might be the first guy? First guy to announce he's returning?

I have no clue what I meant lol. If you only knew the amount of multi tasking I’m doing when I post some of these threads lol.
Any feelings on JHH and Nelson as far as returning for another season. Would love to have both back

All Acc doesn't mean jack , **** did Headley even make it , Did Rambo ? Canes don’t get that treatment.

6th or 7th ? No way. He’s getting way better than that. Third or fourth and that’s before the combine. Horn exploded with the combine. TS would post great numbers for his size. The combine is why people are confident. The one negative is he’s injured.
You’re saying that right now he’s likely to go in the 3rd and, with a likely good showing in the combine, climb higher? If that’s remotely true, why would he return?

Advertisement
You’re saying that right now he’s likely to go in the 3rd and, with a likely good showing in the combine, climb higher? If that’s remotely true, why would he return?

I’d say fourth at worst before combine. But as I’ve said multiple times he’s injured right now and can’t train , so that’s risky business if the you’re depending on the combine to go from high third / fourth to higher. That’s why it’s a tough decision. He’s not leaving just to leave.

Can I please ask what is perhaps a dumb question? What is the risk to coming back? Is it mainly injuring or just having to wait another year to start getting paid? It seems like a no brainer for most guys to come back unless clearly an early pick.

Advertisement
I see there’s a lot of rumors on whether he’s staying or leaving but the decision has not been made. He’s been getting differentiating grades some grades high enough he’d leave and some not so much. But there’s a belief when they take his physical numbers and speed it could increase his stock dramatically. The film shows a physical cb that got better as the year went on and also a willing and physical tackler. Plus he has the ability to play multiple position.

I know T Rob compares him to Jaycee with his physical attributes and style of play, both are in the 6’1 205 range. Jaycee also had a sudden rise after scouts saw his size , speed and film at the combine.

This is just clear up rumors , that’s all. He’s not gone, I’d say 50-50 but he needs a certain consistent grade to jump. If not he should come back and put out more film.
He is a bigger CB so has to work on his speed & quickness.

Regardless there’s help on the way.
AHHHHHH HECK!!!!! Last time you spoke like that we landed the guy this thread is about.....

Edited: Would it be massive like when Rique announced he was coming? (dang right I edited it.....not going to hit me with a "woah playa...woah" LOL)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back