Note on Tyrique

Advertisement
Hope he stays. Why not get the degree & continue smashing co-eds as long as possible. Nothing at the next level is guaranteed. I hate when people bring up potential injuries if he stays in these situations. Part of ball.

Door #1 is a lot of money
Door #2 is very little money, but if you keep walking once you get into the room, you might come across a big bag of cash. You also might fall into a pit of spitting cobras, who knows?

Which one you taking?

As in portal help or the Freshman?
Super Mario Game GIF

I don't want him to leave but I'm ok if he does..he obviously got a lot of film out this year and mostly played well on a bad defense. His injury late and a few bad plays may hurt him but he also showed a lot of versatility and his combine would help him. If he leaves I'd be ok with it because he transferred here with every intention to be a one and done player.

Advertisement
Imo he’s a Swiss Army knife at the next level. 6’1 - 6’2 215 - 220 by then and can lineup at multiple spots. Safety , nickel , even lb on pass downs. You’ll have options with him and and that’s something most kids can’t do. Physical and can cover.

I agree.

Where he wins, IMO, just screams modern safety. More of a "strong safety" (or in the box safety, whatever you want to call him). He's a good tackler coming down hill. Needs to tighten up on his angles and effort though. He can cover lesser players and flashes...but I'm not sure every team in the league will view him as a guy that can man up on NFL WRs...maybe if you run cover 4 and see him as a guy that can trail and catch up? idk.

I assume what Tyrique is hearing is going to be all over the place for a reason. Teams will have a wide variety of opinions on him.

Thats how many corners were drafted in 2019, 2020 and 2021 respectively. I haven't seen Tyrique break the top 40 yet. Not that he couldn't.

And don't talk with every two bit "agent" out there selling false promises of "if you run X 40 time". I have seen these guys in action. If they're with a reputable firm, they're likely associate level agents meeting quotas.

If Tyrique believes in himself, then he should believe he has more potential than a 6th to 7th round pick and come back to work on his craft, including leadership.

Has one shot to get drafted. Invest in himself now with Cristobal and Feld and maximize his value.

Advertisement
Door #1 is a lot of money
Door #2 is very little money, but if you keep walking once you get into the room, you might come across a big bag of cash. You also might fall into a pit of spitting cobras, who knows?

Which one you taking?
He’s going to test like a maniac that’s for sure. That’s the one thing people are missing. That being said he’s not leaving just to leave. He wants a certain grade to leave.

I see there’s a lot of rumors on whether he’s staying or leaving but the decision has not been made. He’s been getting differentiating grades some grades high enough he’d leave and some not so much. But there’s a belief when they take his physical numbers and speed it could increase his stock dramatically. The film shows a physical cb that got better as the year went on and also a willing and physical tackler. Plus he has the ability to play multiple position.

I know T Rob compares him to Jaycee with his physical attributes and style of play, both are in the 6’1 205 range. Jaycee also had a sudden rise after scouts saw his size , speed and film at the combine.

This is just clear up rumors , that’s all. He’s not gone, I’d say 50-50 but he needs a certain consistent grade to jump. If not he should come back and put out more film. He might be the first guy

I'd love to see him come back healthy, put up a good 12 15 games, and then be (one of) our first 1st rounders in a while. Tell him, whatever he NIL's, I'll buy it. Rique the Freak t-shirts? I'm there.

PS, per your points on his testing grades, where is he right now on health? Is he recovered enough to put up his best times and measurements?

Advertisement
He’s going to test like a maniac that’s for sure. That’s the one thing people are missing. That being said he’s not leaving just to leave. He wants a certain grade to leave.

I agree, his size and speed combo is what scouts drool over.

He won't run what Tyson ran, but he should be close and he's the same size. Tyson went 33rd overall.

With the NIL stuff, no need for these kids to jump out there anymore unless they are a sure-fire 1st or 2nd round pick. Especially someone on the level of Tyrique who has 1st round potential IMO.

Even though the DT room belongs to LT and JHH now we would be so lucky to have Nesta come back one more year. I really dont think people realize how much his motor will be missed. You cant teach that.

Advertisement
I see there’s a lot of rumors on whether he’s staying or leaving but the decision has not been made. He’s been getting differentiating grades some grades high enough he’d leave and some not so much. But there’s a belief when they take his physical numbers and speed it could increase his stock dramatically. The film shows a physical cb that got better as the year went on and also a willing and physical tackler. Plus he has the ability to play multiple position.

I know T Rob compares him to Jaycee with his physical attributes and style of play, both are in the 6’1 205 range. Jaycee also had a sudden rise after scouts saw his size , speed and film at the combine.

This is just clear up rumors , that’s all. He’s not gone, I’d say 50-50 but he needs a certain consistent grade to jump. If not he should come back and put out more film. He might be the first guy

****, I would love to see him back with a solid group of defensive coaches around him

I'd love to see him come back healthy, put up a good 12 15 games, and then be (one of) our first 1st rounders in a while. Tell him, whatever he NIL's, I'll buy it. Rique the Freak t-shirts? I'm there.

PS, per your points on his testing grades, where is he right now on health? Is he recovered enough to put up his best times and measurements?

He’s banged up and out for the bowl…..if the combine was today he wouldn’t put in his best performance.

Advertisement
Back