Note From Tuesday’s Practice

Remember when a contingent of CIS posters were pushing for Njoku to switch to tight end while another contingent dismissed that idea whole heartedly as asinine???

Pepperidge farm remembers.

I ThInK tHe CoRcHeS kNoW wHat tHeY'rE dOinG bRo

Advertisement
Mallory is going to make a lot of y’all look dumb around here before he is finished. He’s a true sophomore who had the body of a WR in high school, and he just played his first game of his sophomore season. You guys need to learn to stop writing a player off before they have had time to develop. Mallory is the goods.
People wrote off Ed Reed early on as well. Santana Moss, too. Such short memories around here.

I'm not sure Mallory is worth having on the field if asked to block. He just isn't physical enough yet. May make sense to employ 21 sets with Realus, who is likely a more capable and willing blocker and better insurance for our freshman OTs and use Mallory as a big WR.

QB Williams
RB Dallas
FB George
WR Thomas
WR Osborn
TE Jordan

Bench: Harris, Mallory, Harley

Last edited:
The media did not see much during practice, but we did see the offensive skilled position players going through ball security drills. One thing that caught my eye was Evidence Njoku going through the drills with the tight end group. I was able to confirm through a source that Njoku is getting a look at tight end.
Can he block? All I heard was about how great Mallory was going to be this year as a blocker. Sure did not happen last Saturday. Where is Irvin?

I'm not sure Mallory is worth having on the field if asked to block. He just isn't physical enough yet. May make sense to employ 21 sets with Realus, who is likely a more capable and willing blocker and better insurance for our freshman OTs and use Mallory as a big WR.

QB Williams
RB Dallas
FB George
WR Thomas
WR Osborn
TE Jordan

Bench: Harris, Mallory, Harley

yup, start pulling up tape of Mike Giesecki to see how to use mallory

Advertisement
Can he block? All I heard was about how great Mallory was going to be this year as a blocker. Sure did not happen last Saturday. Where is Irvin?

Was just about to say this. If Njoku is not going to be on the line blocking, which I don't think he can do, then he's still a receiver lol. Cool he has TE next to his name on the depth chart now.

yup, start pulling up tape of Mike Giesecki to see how to use mallory
He's been trash with the dolphins and reminds me of Mallory when he run blocks.

You have to be explosive off the line. Giesecki has long speed. He's been exposed.

But I agree look at his Ped State tape. Can Mallory catch is the question.

Irvin needs to get more opportunites. 12 set with Mallory is no good in my opinion. Mallory is too much of a blocking liability when he is on the field. If he is in on 12 personnel, I only want to see him flexed out in the slot.

Advertisement
He needs to catch a redshirt!
Ideally, yes.. but we aren't Bama. Even if we were, Mallory isn't a 5th year type player (IMO). As is, he is superior to anyone who can take his place, so coaches just need to a better job at exposing his weaknesses & scheme around his strengths.

Advertisement
Ideally, yes.. but we aren't Bama. Even if we were, Mallory isn't a 5th year type player (IMO). As is, he is superior to anyone who can take his place, so coaches just need to a better job at exposing his weaknesses & scheme around his strengths.

Hey, ***** bama, we dont need mallory's light *** out their in the way, i like coach enos, and since that **** wants to do public evals, let's do a public eval on his ***, it was stupid for coach enos to sit their and watch how much more physical the defensive ends were over our tackles, but instead of bring in a much more physically developed tightend to help block, he leaves in light *** mallory like he's some type of threat, FACT CHEC, nobody in college football is worried about mallory's *** until he actually starts doing something in actual games, irvin should've gotten the majority of the snaps over mallory, than bring mallory in as a mismatch option, instead he was out their getting beat down, got worn down and didnt make one play, hellirvin sjould've been in on that special teams play.

We dont need mallory this year anyway, he hasnt shown anything in a real game that proves he's elite, they should redshirt that **** until he gets his weight up. Coach enos watching our tackles go thru that whle banking on mallory doing anything significant without going to irvin was worst than jarren running out of bound behind the line of scrimmage instead of throwing the ball away!

Hey, ***** bama, we dont need mallory's light *** out their in the way, i like coach enos, and since that **** wants to do public evals, let's do a public eval on his ***, it was stupid for coach enos to sit their and watch how much more physical the defensive ends were over our tackles, but instead of bring in a much more physically developed tightend to help block, he leaves in light *** mallory like he's some type of threat, FACT CHEC, nobody in college football is worried about mallory's *** until he actually starts doing something in actual games, irvin should've gotten the majority of the snaps over mallory, than bring mallory in as a mismatch option, instead he was out their getting beat down, got worn down and didnt make one play, hellirvin sjould've been in on that special teams play.

We dont need mallory this year anyway, he hasnt shown anything in a real game that proves he's elite, they should redshirt that **** until he gets his weight up. Coach enos watching our tackles go thru that whle banking on mallory doing anything significant without going to irvin was worst than jarren running out of bound behind the line of scrimmage instead of throwing the ball away!

I don't agree with you very often but in this case I do. I was surprised we didn't see Irvin out there chipping and trying to help save the young tackles asses. Was brutal watching them get eatin alive all game long.

Advertisement
If Irvin was good enough, he would have received the reps that went to Mallory. Point blank. The mistake that was made was not starting Scaife at one of the tackle spots. Mallory didn't play well. Hopefully that will change. We NEED him.

Advertisement
Back