Note From Tuesday’s Practice

I'm not sure Mallory is worth having on the field if asked to block. He just isn't physical enough yet. May make sense to employ 21 sets with Realus, who is likely a more capable and willing blocker and better insurance for our freshman OTs and use Mallory as a big WR.

QB Williams
RB Dallas
FB George
WR Thomas
WR Osborn
TE Jordan

Bench: Harris, Mallory, Harley
We need to use him like we used Njoku. Njoku rarely lined up with his hand in the dirt, he was basically like another slot receiver for us.

Advertisement
New RT?

EDkyBrAW4AAO1CS

Has to be. I've watched every offensive play at least 10 times. Campbell is completely unplayable right now. He made Matt Pipho look like Jon Ogden.

You might be able to get away with playing one of campbell/Nelson but not both. Nelson looked far worse than Campbell imo. I dont See how anyone is saying anything opposite other than he didn’t have as many penalties

You might be able to get away with playing one of campbell/Nelson but not both. Nelson looked far worse than Campbell imo. I dont See how anyone is saying anything opposite other than he didn’t have as many penalties

Nelson didnt look as bad as Campbell to me because Nelson adjusted as the game went on and got better which is what you want to see. Campbell started the game shook and never improved at all.

Advertisement
Nelson didnt look as bad as Campbell to me because Nelson adjusted as the game went on and got better which is what you want to see. Campbell started the game shook and never improved at all.
Vehemently disagree, we couldn’t do anything the last drive or 2 because of Nelson. That’s not even mentioning the rest of the bad plays he had throughout the game. I hope We see a dramatic improvement from Nelson but vs uf that was terrible man

Vehemently disagree, we couldn’t do anything the last drive or 2 because of Nelson. That’s not even mentioning the rest of the bad plays he had throughout the game. I hope We see a dramatic improvement from Nelson but vs uf that was terrible man

It’s pretty close , Zion was getting beat because of stance / footwork issues. Adjusting to the speed, knowing the snap possibly.

Campbell looked completely overwhelmed at times. Speed and strength wise.

Campbell should’ve bought Zion dinner the last couple weeks , if not for Zion Campbell is the one getting destroyed by everyone.

We better not see as much play-action. Someone who posted some Arkansas vids a few weeks ago had mentioned how Enos had their QB play-faking on every throw and noted how unnecessary it seemed. It came to fruition against UF. I don't like this Dan Enos.

It’s pretty close , Zion was getting beat because of stance / footwork issues. Adjusting to the speed, knowing the snap possibly.

Campbell looked completely overwhelmed at times. Speed and strength wise.
I donT necessarily think Campbell looked overwhelmed. He obviously has issues he needs to clean up with the penalties and overall blocking in general though. He was going against Zuniga who’s a good rush end.
Just looking at all the passing plays
1st drive
Zion gave up a pressure that took points off the board because Thomas was open and Williams ultimately got sacked.

2nd drive
Another Zion pressure led to a sack as his defender initial rush got there and then was finished by others. If he held that block longer Williams could have gotten the ball out quicker.

On a drive where Brevin dropped a 3rd down pass. A Safety blitzed off the edge and Zion was supposed to pick him up instead he proceeded to block the end who was already being handled by Donaldson which disrupted the play as Williams had to get the ball out fast. Probably still should have been caught by Jordan

Another sack given up by Zion and that’s 2 sacks with another pressure that led to a sack midway through the 2nd quarter.

I think Both of these guys got beat a lot and did well on a few plays but both can’t be out there at the same time at the end of the day period. One issue I see Overall for the group is on some passing plays where the oline doesn’t necessarily have someone to block some of them just basically are playing patty cake with air pretty much where they could be looking to help peel back and try to block someone too as you see that often with other offensive lines around the country

Last edited:
Advertisement

Serious reach to say Nelson looked "far worse.'' Neither handled the moment and splitting hairs to say one played worse than the other. Will trust coaching staff to better evaluate performance and determine which gives us a better chance to win.

One positive from looking again at Williams' throws was his accuracy when he had time to set his foot. Encouraging.

I donT necessarily think Campbell looked overwhelmed. He obviously has issues he needs to clean up with the penalties and overall blocking in general though. He was going against Zuniga who’s a good rush end.
Just looking at all the passing plays
1st drive
Zion gave up a pressure that took points off the board because Thomas was open and Williams ultimately got sacked.

2nd drive
Another Zion pressure led to a sack as his defender initial rush got there and then was finished by others. If he held that block longer Williams could have gotten the ball out quicker.

On a drive where Brevin dropped a 3rd down pass. A Safety blitzed off the edge and Zion was supposed to pick him up instead he proceeded to block the end who was already being handled by Donaldson which disrupted the play as Williams had to get the ball out fast. Probably still should have been caught by Jordan

Another sack given up by Zion and that’s 2 sacks with another pressure that led to a sack midway through the 2nd quarter.

I think Both of these guys got beat a lot and did well on a few plays but both can’t be out there at the same time at the end of the day period. One issue I see Overall for the group is on some passing plays where the oline doesn’t necessarily have someone to block some of them just basically are playing patty cake with air pretty much where they could be looking to help peel back and try to block someone too as you see that often with other offensive lines around the country

Arguing about who is better between Zion and Campbell is like trying to argue which political party is good and honest.

Kind of splitting hairs here, but IMO Nelson was better than Campbell simply because a decent percentage of the times Nelson got beat it was due to him being late off the ball, which is fixable. Now, don't get me wrong, he got his *** kicked badly last week. Both speed wise and physically. But when I watched both, I came away with a hint of positivity on Nelson, simply because when he was able to get off the ball in unison with the snap, he did hold his own a few times. He lost a TON, but he won some reps as well. With Campbell, to me it was just domination at the point of attack. Greenard owned his soul...I think in the 4th quarter I saw him rip Campbell's skull and spinal column out of his body and hold it over his head like The Predator did to one of Dutch's men in that jungle in the '80s. It was flat out embarrassing.

But ultimately you're correct, we may be able to get away with playing one of them. We can't play both of them unless they're WAY better, which I just don't see being possible in 2 weeks.

Advertisement
Back