Note From Tuesday’s Practice

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
The media did not see much during practice, but we did see the offensive skilled position players going through ball security drills. One thing that caught my eye was Evidence Njoku going through the drills with the tight end group. I was able to confirm through a source that Njoku is getting a look at tight end.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They gunna pack on some weight to the dude or what? We need height at WR so I’m actually surprised he made the move.

To me that means we got another slot tab WR open and we should push for Poitier

Advertisement
So we have 6 possible tight ends and we are potentially taking 2 this class? Polendey likely won’t be back next year.

Advertisement
1566999800761.png

Advertisement
So we have 6 possible tight ends and we are potentially taking 2 this class? Polendey likely won’t be back next year.

I think we are taking the same approach at TE that we are taking at RB as far as recruiting. The staff made it clear that if they cant get Jaylon Knighton to be the other RB to go with Chaney then they aren't interested in bringing in anyone else. (at least for now)

I think the same is going to happen at TE. Either they get Darnell Washington or Theo Johnson to go with Mammerilli or they close shop. Just how I see it at this point. Most posters don't think we get either so I think we are only bringing on Mammerilli. (I think we get Washington personally)

All this said, I think that is why they are okay with moving Njoku to TE. Technically he would be the second TE for the class in case we strike out completely.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back