Norvell's honeymoon is already over at FSU

Advertisement
Seems like whatever meeting they all had went well....

From their 247 board, post on instagram from Marvin Wilson a few minutes ago:

Took a stand we got what we wanted & we are moving forward 🗣!!! I appreciate @coachnorvell for encouraging me to use my platform and speak for what me and teammates believe in. Be the change that you need when you was growing up and help build black communities up and take back what is ours

So what did Marvin and his teammates want? It seems like he originally wanted an honest coach who wouldn't lie to a media outlet about what he did to communicate with his players.

I'm not sure whether "taking a stand" actually "got what we wanted".

Took a stand we got what we wanted & we are moving forward 🗣!!! I appreciate @coachnorvell for encouraging me to use my platform and speak for what me and teammates believe in. Be the change that you need when you was growing up and help build black communities up and take back what is ours

So what did they get? Their earrings and headphones back and all is well?

And so it begins, as predicted.

Warchant's account of Norvell's "mistake":

During an interview this week with The Athletic, Norvell reportedly said he communicated "individually" with every player on his team about racial injustice and inequality following the police killing of an unarmed black man, George Floyd, last week in Minneapolis.

So Warchant emphasizes and quotes "individually", while ignoring "back and forth", thus setting the stage to debate what "individually" means, without acknowledging that "back and forth" certainly refers to 2-way communication, and not just a text blast.

Those guys at Warchant really have their myth-building game on lock.

They working all the channels to run damage control.

Advertisement
Please keep politics and Drew Brees race-related stuff out of this thread. I have deleted a zillion posts to keep this about what it should be: the destruction of the FSU coRching staph.

Now let those bîtches burn!

Thank you for your services. The stupidity can’t even stop this fantastic movie.

It's not like FSU has a history of poor judgement regarding matters of race...

1yX2QBB.jpg

Advertisement

So basically between the players and the staff the incident is over and it's back to business as usual??? That's a **** of a clean up in a short period of time...

Thank you for your services. The stupidity can’t even stop this fantastic movie.
Thanks bro. I just want us to be able to enjoy what’s happening to F$U as there’s actually something to talk about. There’s plenty of other places for the other things.

Advertisement
Remember when you guys trashed Manny for saying something?

Chess not checkers

Now hopefully shows on field
yup the players had Manny backed that's why a bunch of them packed it in last year

Advertisement
Talking to a couple fsu players a good few seem to hold the sentiment that willie wasn’t afforded enough time because he was black. As someone else mentioned, norvell came in with the “no earrings or hoodie bs” right after along with other things, this may have been one of those simmering things that finally boiled over last night.
ah doesn't matter what the players feel, when your stadium is 75% empty and your big sponsors say bye then you moved on : money talks and BS walks :

He also has a policy that the players can't wear earrings, hats or hoodies in the facilities. To me that's messed up bc your taking away a players style and way of life. I mean you really think doing this is going to make them better players?
He should take their names off their jerseys. That seems to work well.

Advertisement
Back