Norvell's honeymoon is already over at FSU

This is a dumb story all around imo. But in these times not surprised. He misspoke, sure, change literally one word "every" to "some" and this is absolutely nothing. Does one word really change that much? Maybe to some people I suppose. If he didn't even send a text (or not at least talk to "some" players individually), I'd say he's a lying pos. It was a miscommunication. He tried.

FSU still sucks.
Yes lol. He did lie. He was aware that he did not speak with every player and said that he did. That is a lie. Do you think he would have corrected himself if he wasn’t called out for it?

BTW “FSU still sucks.” is not a lie.

Advertisement
He also has a policy that the players can't wear earrings, hats or hoodies in the facilities. To me that's messed up bc your taking away a players style and way of life. I mean you really think doing this is going to make them better players?

When I was in high school, we couldn't wear anything above our neck in the band room. As band members, we enforced the policy upon students that came into our building. When alumni came back to visit, they also respected these rules. This has gone on since the 1980's and is still in place today at my school. I've never understood why people think this is such a terrible rule. The Marine Corps required everyone to wear a cover while outside and in uniform, and equally so, you had 0.008 seconds to remove your cover upon entering ANY building or you'd immediately get blasted. Male Marines are still not allowed to wear earrings while in uniform.

Advertisement
Yes lol. He did lie. He was aware that he did not speak with every player and said that he did. That is a lie. Do you think he would have corrected himself if he wasn’t called out for it?

BTW “FSU still sucks.” is not a lie.
Literally - the guy said he went back and forth with them individually.

When I was in high school, we couldn't wear anything above our neck in the band room. As band members, we enforced the policy upon students that came into our building. When alumni came back to visit, they also respected these rules. This has gone on since the 1980's and is still in place today at my school. I've never understood why people think this is such a terrible rule. The Marine Corps required everyone to wear a cover while outside and in uniform, and equally so, you had 0.008 seconds to remove your cover upon entering ANY building or you'd immediately get blasted. Male Marines are still not allowed to wear earrings while in uniform.

This one time in band camp....

Advertisement
AstCloud..

You might as well be speaking Swahili to some on here.

It isn't they won't get it, they simply can't. Its ok.

Advertisement
David Hale from ESPN who is a good follow for stats and such in the ACC said players aren’t backing down right now.

he said he has never seen players basically post and speak up as much as they are now. They are learning the true feelings of these phony guys like Dabo. Will it be enough for some kids not to select these schools in the future? We will see but Dabo and Norvell have looked pretty foolish over the last couple days.

unfortunately as long as Dabo has bags he can buy a lot of forgiveness

Nobody is disputing those things. But if our football players wanted to join the Marines, they could do so. And if every college football program created the same culture, maybe this wouldn't impact them.

Miami has previously benefited from having a free-flowing culture. When the Joe Paternos and Tom Osbornes of the world were forcing all of their players to have short hair and no jewelry and blue blazers, many kids throughout the US dreamed of playing for Miami and being able to celebrate big plays, dress how they wanted, and look how they wanted.

I'm not saying that any approach is 100% right or wrong, but I'm not sure that Norvell blowing into Tallahassee and trying to change the dress code after 40 years is really going to fix all of the problems that F$U has.

Willie needed more time at FSU for Canes fans is same as Alberto needed more time at UM for FSU fans.

We should have started a GoFundMe to keep Taggert at FSU.

Remember when Price was fired at Bama after he racked up all those losses for the Tide?

I thought Price got fired before his first game.

Advertisement
Nobody is disputing those things. But if our football players wanted to join the Marines, they could do so. And if every college football program created the same culture, maybe this wouldn't impact them.

Miami has previously benefited from having a free-flowing culture. When the Joe Paternos and Tom Osbornes of the world were forcing all of their players to have short hair and no jewelry and blue blazers, many kids throughout the US dreamed of playing for Miami and being able to celebrate big plays, dress how they wanted, and look how they wanted.

I'm not saying that any approach is 100% right or wrong, but I'm not sure that Norvell blowing into Tallahassee and trying to change the dress code after 40 years is really going to fix all of the problems that F$U has.

I don't think it will exactly fix anything, I mean, with or without those policies the USMC would still be the most disciplined branch. My main goal was to exert the idea that it isn't exactly something that is a terrible thing or only put into place to "take-away" or oppress. My comment was kind of a mixed response to the guy I quoted, and this post/tweet;

Which suggests Norvell's policy as targeting black athletes. I don't want to defend the Nole, and maybe there's more to his policies than mentioned...but from personal experience of being in 2 very different racial environments that share the same aforementioned rules; I just don't see how people can tie in those rules, with what happened and jump to "he's racist, his players know it, he's lost the team". I just think he's a straight up dishonest POS.

Does Norvell has a history of this sort of asshatery?
Next question
3b4b2719-e9b6-495d-af6e-8f83249ecc04-Cornrows.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back