Norvell's honeymoon is already over at FSU

Advertisement
Listen closely, people.

The type of anger, and especially mistrust, that Norvell generated by taking his players for granted, and lying, will not be made better by some quirky meeting. Believe me.

What happened was, he probably did a “sincere“ (fake) mea culpa, and the players who are not dumb, also realized that there is no way out for them. They have their futures, and their careers to think about, and in the end they really don’t have a choice.

But if I’m reading this right, this will have a long lasting and simmering effect.

It won’t show in any big blowup possibly, but once you’ve lost lost trust, it’s nearly impossible to get it back.

The doom will continue at FSU, but in a slow-motion fashion. Which in the end, is probably better for us.

And oh, by the way, in case there was any doubt, Norvell is a piece of shlt.

Bingo.

Listen closely, people.

The type of anger, and especially mistrust, that Norvell generated by taking his players for granted, and lying, will not be made better by some quirky meeting. Believe me.

What happened was, he probably did a “sincere“ (fake) mea culpa, and the players who are not dumb, also realized that there is no way out for them. They have their futures, and their careers to think about, and in the end they really don’t have a choice.

But if I’m reading this right, this will have a long lasting and simmering effect.

It won’t show in any big blowup possibly, but once you’ve lost lost trust, it’s nearly impossible to get it back.

The doom will continue at FSU, but in a slow-motion fashion. Which in the end, is probably better for us.

Nailed it

Advertisement
I don’t care what they say. According to a reporter who says he has it on tape, Norvell said he went “back and forth with the players individually” but that didn’t happen. There’s no way around saying there was one on one back and forth individual meetings- virtual or in person.

All the guy had to do is say that he communicated to the team that there’s an open door to discuss the situation with him individually.

The first time FSU football comes out flat or has a bad game, the whole thing will resurface. Has coach Norvell lost the locker room? It there a culture of mistrust in Tallahassee? Did the players quit on him? This thing will likely get buried until the season starts and they have a bad performance.

I don’t care what they say. According to a reporter who says he has it on tape, Norvell said he went “back and forth with the players individually” but that didn’t happen. There’s no way around saying there was one on one back and forth individual meetings- virtual or in person.

All the guy had to do is say that he communicated to the team that there’s an open door to discuss the situation with him individually.

Even more he could have said i sent out a message to the team and ive talked to SOME players but not everyone yet...i would have reached out to my team Captains FIRST personally but thats just me and I'm used to using the chain of command in my profession

This is a dumb story all around imo. But in these times not surprised. He misspoke, sure, change literally one word "every" to "some" and this is absolutely nothing. Does one word really change that much? Maybe to some people I suppose. If he didn't even send a text (or not at least talk to "some" players individually), I'd say he's a lying pos. It was a miscommunication. He tried.

FSU still sucks.

Advertisement
Listen closely, people.

Does Norvell has a history of this sort of asshatery?

Listen closely, people.

He lost the high ground on all future issues. He lost the ability to be a disciplinarian. He'd better get used to the feeling of eggshells under his feet.

Does Norvell has a history of this sort of asshatery?

I actually don’t know, because he’s been a G5 guy, so I haven’t followed his career very closely other than his won loss record. Someone else here probably knows better about his character. But from what I’ve seen, the guy is a classless ****bag

I mean what kind of a fūckface goes around telling players they can’t have dreads or wear an earring. It’s not like you’re working for IBM and having to wear the standard navy blue suit. These are college football players.

Once again, Norvell chooses to ignore his use of the words "back and forth".

His interview stated that he had individual "back and forth" communication with every player on the team. That he spent the whole weekend in dozens of 2-way conversations with every player on the team.

The actual reality is that he sent a blast text to 85 guys proposing some future communication.

Advertisement
I actually don’t know, because he’s been a G5 guy, so I haven’t followed his career very closely other than his won loss record. Someone else here probably knows better about his character. But from what I’ve seen, the guy is a classless ****bag

I mean what kind of a fūckface goes around telling players they can’t have dreads or wear an earring. It’s not like you’re working for IBM and having to wear the standard navy blue suit. These are college football players.

Advertisement
Still guzzling Mole tears? You bunch of gluttonous freaks....
WnyKlAXpg816E.gif

Advertisement
Back