Norvell's honeymoon is already over at FSU

And so it begins, as predicted.

Warchant's account of Norvell's "mistake":

During an interview this week with The Athletic, Norvell reportedly said he communicated "individually" with every player on his team about racial injustice and inequality following the police killing of an unarmed black man, George Floyd, last week in Minneapolis.

So Warchant emphasizes and quotes "individually", while ignoring "back and forth", thus setting the stage to debate what "individually" means, without acknowledging that "back and forth" certainly refers to 2-way communication, and not just a text blast.

Those guys at Warchant really have their myth-building game on lock.
They've been delusional for years.

Advertisement
The players really have no choice at this time. If a new coach comes in now, it could cause a serious disruptions. This isn’t going away though. There are underline issues and it will be a distraction throughout the season for sure. Things could fall apart when they lose their first game. Two questions though.
1. Why would Norvell not want to meet with his team in a time like this?
2. Why would Marvin come out so quickly against his coach without trying to touch bases him to figure things out.
To me there must have been a lot of discomfort on both sides and it culminated in this episode.

Advertisement
So basically all the fun is over Wilson is already walking it back with some lame statement, and that’s it. Sad

Advertisement
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Listen closely, people.

The type of anger, and especially mistrust, that Norvell generated by taking his players for granted, and lying, will not be made better by some quirky meeting. Believe me.

What happened was, he probably did a “sincere“ (fake) mea culpa, and the players who are not dumb, also realized that there is no way out for them. They have their futures, and their careers to think about, and in the end they really don’t have a choice.

But if I’m reading this right, this will have a long lasting and simmering effect.

It won’t show in any big blowup possibly, but once you’ve lost lost trust, it’s nearly impossible to get it back.

The doom will continue at FSU, but in a slow-motion fashion. Which in the end, is probably better for us.

And oh, by the way, in case there was any doubt, Norvell is a piece of shlt.

Advertisement
He also has a policy that the players can't wear earrings, hats or hoodies in the facilities. To me that's messed up bc your taking away a players style and way of life. I mean you really think doing this is going to make them better players?

What's even better is when all the Twitter pics of Norvell came out of him wearing a hoodie to FSU facilities.

Advertisement
Back