Norvell's honeymoon is already over at FSU

Advertisement
Meanwhile their best player still has the tweet up

Exactly.... FSU is in a predicament here. Obviously Wilson has felt something for awhile and this might have put him over the edge. Normally as a team Captain you have 100% access to the HC. You would think he might have called him and said Coach whats up with this? But he went right to twitter... i dont see Wilson deleting or walking back on that tweet

With the current racial climate a simple team meeting isn't going to smooth this over.
It will once Marvin announces his approval.

Bags in

Or Norvell is positional-wounded and maybe even fired.

And Vegas has the big board pegged at???

Advertisement
0C77BE0B-CA53-484A-B12E-F72ECC0917C4.jpeg

Advertisement
Not a good thing when your already calling a team meeting with your players before you've coached your 1st game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seems like whatever meeting they all had went well....

From their 247 board, post on instagram from Marvin Wilson a few minutes ago:

Took a stand we got what we wanted & we are moving forward 🗣!!! I appreciate @coachnorvell for encouraging me to use my platform and speak for what me and teammates believe in. Be the change that you need when you was growing up and help build black communities up and take back what is ours

And so it begins, as predicted.

Warchant's account of Norvell's "mistake":

During an interview this week with The Athletic, Norvell reportedly said he communicated "individually" with every player on his team about racial injustice and inequality following the police killing of an unarmed black man, George Floyd, last week in Minneapolis.

So Warchant emphasizes and quotes "individually", while ignoring "back and forth", thus setting the stage to debate what "individually" means, without acknowledging that "back and forth" certainly refers to 2-way communication, and not just a text blast.

Those guys at Warchant really have their myth-building game on lock.

Advertisement
Back