Norvell's honeymoon is already over at FSU

Advertisement
Cancelling so
When they fired Willie I told my fsu buddies this was bad look to fire you first African-American coach after just 21 games and 2 recruiting classes. Considering wherever Willie went he eventually turned the program around but needed time

I don't think there's anything here. That dude sucked! Everyone collectively wanted him out the door at FSU. He was a far cry from the caliber of coach that Jimbo was. Taggart wasn't even close.

Having graduated FSU, even though the school is in the south, it's one of the most progressive universities in all of the south.

Cancelling so

I don't think there's anything here. That dude sucked! Everyone collectively wanted him out the door at FSU. He was a far cry from the caliber of coach that Jimbo was. Taggart wasn't even close.

Having graduated FSU, even though the school is in the south, it's one of the most progressive universities in all of the south.

Pretty much all universities, whether in the south or not, are “progressive“.

But we’re not talking about the universities.

We’re talking about the football program. It’s a whole different cast of characters, and decision-makers that are in power. Including boosters.

With very few exceptions like Miami, the boosters and power behind football programs, are old-school, old-money, plantation-style mentality people.

Yup. I think they’re saying he texted and offered to talk to every player but these were the words he used:

“I’ve went back and forth individually with every player”

“Back and forth”

Can’t spin that and real recognizes real.

Advertisement
Pretty much all universities, whether in the south or not, are “progressive“.

But we’re not talking about the universities.

We’re talking about the football program. It’s a whole different cast of characters, and decision-makers that are in power. Including boosters.

With very few exceptions like Miami, the boosters and power behind football programs, are old-school, old-money, plantation-style mentality people.

Obviously, I don't think there was racist intent behind firing Willie. But, like the poster mentioned, there was an opportunity lost by firing Willie so early. This, I agree with. FSU could have resisted firing him so that they could let him build, and change FSU's perception all the while.

Yup. I think they’re saying he texted and offered to talk to every player but these were the words he used:

“I’ve went back and forth individually with every player”

“Back and forth”

Oh, no, I am in complete agreement with you.

There is a difference between the obvious word choice and demonstrably false nature...and the self-serving myths that will arise that use kinder/gentler syntax.

Norvell "embellished", is the horsesh!te we will be force-fed.

Ridiculous. I just want the author of the article to put the tape online.

Cancelling so

I agree he was not the caliber of coach Jimbo was but there was incidents of racism directed at Willie even in his 1st season.

Advertisement
Oh, no, I am in complete agreement with you.

There is a difference between the obvious word choice and demonstrably false nature...and the self-serving myths that will arise that use kinder/gentler syntax.

Norvell "embellished", is the horsesh!te we will be force-fed.

Ridiculous. I just want the author of the article to put the tape online.
I know we’re in agreement. I was just adding to your point. Lol

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know we’re in agreement. I was just adding to your point. Lol

Gotcha.

Yeah, the F$U Mythbuilding Machine is about to kick into overdrive. How long until the F$U fans create some fake log-in names and then start posting "inside information" about how the author really hates Norvell because Norvell stole his girlfriend that one time.

Advertisement
Back