Nobody seems to want to mention [Mario's 2 losses to Utah... again]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTFOH compared to all of the crappy coaches and staff we have had over the last 15 years he is a blessing. Look at the staff he has assembled. Look at the top 15 class vs the top 60 Diaz left us with. Guy won 2 PAC 12 championships in 4 years. How many conference championships has Miami won in the ACC? The answer is NONE!

Advertisement
But, I’ll go ahead and be the bad guy. I believe Mario will succeed at Miami, he kinda gives me Butch Davis vibes actually. But no one wants to discuss those 2 terrible losses to Utah, I heard people make up excuses saying oh he was on the way out, I call bs. Not saying that’s who he is but what about those bad losses, what’s you guys take on those?
we dont know how talented Utah really was, they just had their number. And all they did was run away from number 5. Mario can do more here than at OU, OU was talented but lets not act like they were that talented. Utah can compete with them and they did.

But, I’ll go ahead and be the bad guy. I believe Mario will succeed at Miami, he kinda gives me Butch Davis vibes actually. But no one wants to discuss those 2 terrible losses to Utah, I heard people make up excuses saying oh he was on the way out, I call bs. Not saying that’s who he is but what about those bad losses, what’s you guys take on those?
What do YOU think about those loses? What were the pivotal plays that led to the losses? Did Oregon not squeeze the goats' ********s hard enough before the game?

Welcome to the ignore list. Nobody wins every game they are favored in. See you bye

Every village must have its idiots.

Advertisement
we dont know how talented Utah really was, they just had their number. And all they did was run away from number 5. Mario can do more here than at OU, OU was talented but lets not act like they were that talented. Utah can compete with them and they did.
That’s why I chuckle with this ACCCG or bust talk, we need 3 straight recruiting classes that are in top 5 range in order to field a team the way a Miami team should look.

That’s why I chuckle with this ACCCG or bust talk, we need 3 straight recruiting classes that are in top 5 range in order to field a team the way a Miami team should look.
Yea facts I'm not expecting a thing till we haul elite classes. I am patient cause they guy on top is capable. Before I wasn't cause I knew MD weak was was recruiting it always has been. The elite teams the HC is an elite recruiter period.

Plenty of people have discussed it, what do you mean? Literally whole threads about it. But trolls will be trolls, good job.

Maudes..
Delete this bullsh!t *** thread lol.
Htown...

I respectfully ask the maudes to keep the thread.

So much room to run here....

There's only 1 school in the coastal that can matchup with Miami talent wise. 2 if you count Pitt and their great eval's.

Advertisement
You can’t measure a coach by their worse loss.

Advertisement
Utah is a good team with a very good veteran coach who teaches good fundamentals and gets the most out of his players.
They also had revenge on their minds after Oregon won the Conference against them in 2019. That Utah team could have made it to the playoffs (maybe.) and were upset by the Ducks. Why don't people bring that up??? Oh because they just want to focus on last season for some selective reason.

Who really cares.

Well, I think I am bs’ing myself. You can measure Manny by the FIU loss.
You would think that was the worst, and I don't disagree, but even with that Profile in Putridity, we still kinda have to think about it...

I'll play. My take on those is the following. Utah was the better football team and I don't think it's debatable. I actually think Oregon performed right at or above their talent level. The Ducks had a ton of injuries IIRC and Anthony Brown was playing at a Kirby Freeman level at the end of the season. I think Mario deserves a trophy for winning 10 games with that squad. There it is. That's my take.

Advertisement
Jim Carrey Coffee GIF by Sonic The Hedgehog
Loop Waiting GIF
Dance Dancing GIF

Mario has impressed since he got here. There's no question about that.

It was discussed when there was a coach search, prior to that after the first loss, and prior and post the second loss.

Neither was a good looking loss. Oregon with Mario had some losses that we as fans would've railed him for if those losses had happened here to us.

We'll see what the future brings, but it's looking bright. Every game is a learning experience and Mario isn't some pigheaded individual that doesn't self assess to determine how he can improve what he and his team does. He's been around the block and will search out solutions while working harder to get better.

I understand, I’m not judging him off those games, I’m not judging him off the great W against OSU either, but luck happens once not twice, I just wanted to know what some of you thought about it. I think when it’s all said and done Mario will win a chip at Miami
Wasn’t luck. Utah while not as talented matched up really well with what Oregon wanted to do. They were a really good team that was playing really well at the end of the season. Whittingham is a great coach also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back