Nobody seems to want to mention [Mario's 2 losses to Utah... again]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane23

Sophomore
Premium
But, I’ll go ahead and be the bad guy. I believe Mario will succeed at Miami, he kinda gives me Butch Davis vibes actually. But no one wants to discuss those 2 terrible losses to Utah, I heard people make up excuses saying oh he was on the way out, I call bs. Not saying that’s who he is but what about those bad losses, what’s you guys take on those?

Advertisement
But, I’ll go ahead and be the bad guy. I believe Mario will succeed at Miami, he kinda gives me Butch Davis vibes actually. But no one wants to discuss those 2 terrible losses to Utah, I heard people make up excuses saying oh he was on the way out, I call bs. Not saying that’s who he is but what about those bad losses, what’s you guys take on those?
JESUS

FÜCKING

CHRIST

This will not go well for OP.

Deer Popcorn GIF

Advertisement
Jimbo started losing at FSU before TAMU. Urban was losing and faked a health issue before OSU. **** even what's his name lost games at Okhoma before USC. So there you go.

Advertisement
In football sometimes a team just matches up well against you. You may be the more talented team overall but if the other teams biggest strength is your biggest weakness, sometimes it just works out that way. Same in every sport, matchups matter. I try not to hold coaches losses at previous stops define them, except for Manuela, F*CK Manuela.

In football sometimes a team just matches up well against you. You may be the more talented team overall but if the other teams biggest strength is your biggest weakness, sometimes it just works out that way. Same in every sport, matchups matter. I try not to hold coaches losses at previous stops define them, except for Manuela, F*CK Manuela.
Cool, I can respect that

Advertisement
Advertisement
OP, I do not and did not follow the rosters and matchups of either team, but even presuming Oregon was better than Utah (which is questionable given how bad Oregon's QB was), it's still unfair to judge Mario with those 2 games out of the 48 he coached there. I mean, if you want to make a big deal out of 2 games, then let's say since he beat OSU at OSU he's the next Saban. It doesn't work that way.

And quite simply, in his 3 full seasons there, he won 9, 12, and 10 games. I think nearly every Cane fan the last 2 decades would likely kill for that stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back