No More Excuses: ACCCG or Bust

We are third in returning production, Bama is in the hundreds and are replacing the most important position, QB.
We can beat them and should expect to do so.
I'm with Gocanes 15-0
Screenshot_20210202-135441_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210202-135531_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Typing the words “Prove me wrong” as an argument should trigger a system generated 48 hour ban.

bruh; facts!! Lol. Like I don’t get that type of mentality. We’re saying w/ everything we have, we “should” win 10 games w/ our roster make-up, schedule, and more importantly, an actual competent coaching staff. Lol.

We are third in returning production, Bama is in the hundreds and are replacing the most important position, QB.
I'm with Gocanes 15-0
View attachment 142795View attachment 142796

Solid intel. This is the type of chit that’s actually valuable to the board to add context as to why we “should” have a nice run this season.

I agree with your post Relly as this is probably our best roster on paper in a while. However, there’s no excuses why we got our a$$ wedgied then swirlied by UNC to the tune of 50+ points and 700+ yards. Manure is not the guy. Hopefully he pulls out a miracle and proves me wrong next year.

We are all in that mode. But b/c I’m in a renewed spirit in 2021, I’m willing to excuse the first two yrs, and “hopeful” now is the time. There is not one single excuse that he can hide behind this season. We’re not young; return dang near 100% of our production from last season, competent coaching staff, favorable schedule....yr 3 as a HC, yr 6 as a coach at the program, familiar offensive & defensive systems....I mean, what else do we need??

Advertisement
I'm with Gocanes 15-0

Good the slurpers need to see this so when we lose by 50 and I sound the Fire Manny alarm they’ll know why. If Manny Diaz is the right guy for this program Miami should be in a position to finally be able to upset a team like Bama.

Good the slurpers need to see this so when we lose by 50 and I sound the Fire Manny alarm they’ll know why. If Manny Diaz is the right guy for this program Miami should be in a position to finally be able to upset a team like Bama.

Wanna bet they don’t lose by 50?

Advertisement
I'm with Gocanes 15-0
Bryce Young played in a few games in 2020 during garbage time, so he's not completely unfamiliar with the terrain. It's a little surprising that he wasn't put in more, especially towards the end of the season. He's rushed 9 times for -23 yards, so that's something to notice. He's 13/22 for 156 yards over 6 games. I don't know how productive our defensive line will be, but they're losing three starters on the offensive line, so if there was ever a time for a new defensive face to make his presence known, this is it.

We are all in that mode. But b/c I’m in a renewed spirit in 2021, I’m willing to excuse the first two yrs, and “hopeful” now is the time. There is not one single excuse that he can hide behind this season. We’re not young; return dang near 100% of our production from last season, competent coaching staff, favorable schedule....yr 3 as a HC, yr 6 as a coach at the program, familiar offensive & defensive systems....I mean, what else do we need??

I think last year (even with the bowl and UNC) was a step forward in beating the teams you should beat. the next step is now beating the teams you're a toss up in along with those you should beat handily (I don't expect us to go competing with bama and Clemson)

15-0

Is ryan day a part time head coach? Is Andy reid a part time head coach because he's to busy calling plays?
If Manny was Andy Reid I’d say go for it. He’s still a head coach in training. The last thing he needs is a whole other job on top of that. He can’t even do one job right now.

this board doesn’t seem to think the job of head coach matters as much as coordinator of recruiting guy. It does. Manny doesn’t scare anyone. We need a full time head coach and a full time DC. End of story.

Advertisement
He shouldn’t even play vs Bama

no point, just be ready for ACC games
Honestly him coming back on a torn knee vs the natty champs is a recipe for disaster imo. No matter the outcome i don’t think we should force him out there like that.

I think we will win 10 games minimum, Coastal likely comes down to the UNC game. We will see.

I don’t get the people that set these expectations while obviously hoping that we fail so they can claim they were right about Manny all along.

If you’re truly a Miami fan then you should be rooting for Manny. He’s proven that he can recruit, securing and keeping commitments from big time prospects through trying times AND he’s just upgraded his staff’s ability to recruit in a major way.

He’s also proven that he’s willing to accept when he’s made a mistake and do everything he can to fix and improve that deficiency. Those 2 factors alone should have you hoping that he’s the guy. Do you all not remember prior staffs? There is zero guarantee we would get the next hire(s) right and if they could/would do either of those.

We should all be praying that he’s the guy bc if not it could set us back years. Hiring the right coach is too much of a crap shoot nowadays to just keep hoping the next guy will be the guy. We NEED Manny to be the guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm sure they'll be the preseason darling, as they should be, but I wouldn't say they're going to waltz into Charlotte if we lose to them again. They open the year at Lane, they play FSU, they play at Pitt on a Thursday night, and they end the season at NC State on a Friday.

Bill Connelly has them as #32 in returning production for next year, and the offense is #47. They lose a ton on that side. Top 2 backs are gone, both will be reasonably high NFL picks. 4 of their top 5 pass catchers are gone (Brown and Newsome will both be NFL picks, Carter and Williams were 4th and 5th on the team in catches).

Howell is awesome, they'll be good on offense. Just saying they might take a step back more towards the 2019 offense (28th in YPP, 38th in PPG) versus the 2020 offense (3rd in YPP, 10th in PPG).
What does Connelly have Miami as?

Despite what anyone feels; whether U’re classified as a “mope” or “slurper”, we all gotta agree there is no more excuses left not to win 10+ games w/ a trip to the ACCCG this yr.

@DMoney highlighted how age & experience plays a big role in championship level football. I agree; Manny did a gr8 job in keeping majority of the kids from either prematurely transferring or seeking NFL pasturage.

@Dwinstitles highlighted for several yrs about how recruiting & stars matter. Well, we have some real blue chips on this squad

@Cribby highlighted the importance of a complete staff; & frankly, this is the best staff we’ve had in yrs. Kudos to Manny; highly sought after guys coming from big time programs.

We’ve all talked about continuity; well, this is the first time in a minute where the offensive guys are going to play in the same system & the defensive system has been around for 6 yrs.

We just very well might lose to Bama; that’s completely inconsequential in regards to winning 10+ games & winning this division. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to play the Atlantic Champ this season in the title game. I don’t think it’s too much to be vying for at least a NY6 bowl game.

We have all the ingredients:
-Experience
-Talent
-Coaching Staff
-Continuity
-Favorable Schedule

If we don’t accomplish this now, in yr 3 w/ all we have going, then whether U’re a mope or a slurp, we should all feel very cheated & disappointed. No excuses this time, fellas.
University of North Carolina has Entered the Chat...

Honestly him coming back on a torn knee vs the natty champs is a recipe for disaster imo. No matter the outcome i don’t think we should force him out there like that.
Why jeopardize the entire season for ALABAMEE. I look at at it as a pre season game.

Advertisement
Back